Chapter 5

To Protect...or Die to Protect

** There is a few swear words**

Inside a bedroom with low lighting sat Ka Yee in a chair next to the bed that Yi Eun was laying in. Ka Yee was gently running his fingers through Yi Eun’s hair as he was holding Yi Eun’s hand with his other. Yi Eun closed his eyes but then opened them to make sure Ka Yee was still there. Ka Yee smiled at him.

“You should try and sleep.”

Yi Eun sighed and tightened the hold on Ka Yee’s hand and said, “I’m afraid to sleep. I don’t know if you’ll still be here.”

Ka Yee smiled and said, “Of course I’ll still be here. I came here looking for you.”

Yi Eun sighed and said, “I’m sorry that I wasn’t at the house.”

Ka Yee sighed and said, “Don’t worry about it. I’m glad that you weren’t. Though it would’ve been nice to know that you weren’t there ahead of time. Or I wouldn’t have been running around looking for you.”

Yi Eun pouted and said, “I’m sorry.”

Ka Yee chuckled and said, “You and your pout. You shouldn’t pout. Anyway I’m here now.”

Yi Eun looked at Ka Yee and said, “What...What happened to your hair?”

Ka Yee’s eyes went wide and said, “You don’t like it? I wanted to look different but blend in.”

Yi Eun shook his head and said, “I like it. You look good as a blonde.”

Ka Yee blushed and said, “Aww, don’t say that. Of course, that’s true.”

There was silence and then Ka Yee said, “What happened? You were fine, and then the next minute you’re being carried, and then I find out that you turned into some cats.”

Yi Eun tried to sit up despite Ka Yee telling him not too and he looked at Ka Yee and said, “I don’t know. I don’t really remember what’s happened. Andy told me that I turned into a cheetah, and then a tiger. He mentioned that I turn if I’m upset or angry.” Yi Eun looked at his hands and said, “I hope you’re not angry at me.”

Ka Yee said, “Now why would I be angry at you? You have no control over this. Though I hope there will be a way you CAN control this. Anyway, I have some good news to tell you.”

Yi Eun looked at Ka Yee and said, “What?”

Ka Yee leaned over to the nightstand and picked up two small books, the size of a passport, and handed Yi Eun one. Yi Eun looked at him, and Ka Yee said, “Open it.”

Yi Eun opened it and looked at the information. He had a confused look on his face and then looked at Ka Yee and said, “I don’t understand this. Who is Mark Tuan?”

Ka Yee laughed and said, “You silly.”

Yi Eun looked at the name again and then at Ka Yee saying, “Why am I named Mark Tuan? I like my birth name.”

Ka Yee nodded and said, “I know. But, you are getting a new identity. Mark Tuan is a new name that I came up with. Don’t worry, you’ll always be Yi Eun Wang to me, but outside you are Mark Tuan, understand?”

Yi Eun nodded and looked at the name and said, “Mark...Tuan.”

Ka Yee smiled and handed him another booklet and said, “This one is mine.”

Yi Eun opened it and looked at Ka Yee and said, “Jackson?”

Ka Yee nodded and said, “Yeah, isn’t it cool? I’ve always liked the name Jackson, and when I changed my identity, I decided to use Jackson, though I still keep the last name Wang. Though I made it so that no one knows I’m royalty.”

Yi Eun said, “But, Ka Yee....” Yi Eun got cut off by Ka Yee.

“Mark, you are to call me Jackson.”

Yi Eun scratched his head and said, “But, you said to call you Jackson outside of the house.”

Ka Yee sighed and said, “I know. But, you need to learn our new names. I’m Jackson, and you’re Mark. Understand?”

Yi Eun nodded and said, “I understand.”

Jackson stood up and said, “I want you to close your eyes and rest. You need to get your energy up.”

Mark held Jackson’s hand and said, “Don’t leave, please.”

Jackson sighed and sat down on the chair and said, “I’ll wait till you fall asleep.”

Jackson got Mark to lay down, but Mark was so stressed out that he didn’t want to fall asleep. He kept his hold on Jackson. Just then there was a knock on the door. In walked, Seokjin with a tray. He put the tray on the nightstand and looked at Jackson and Mark.

Seokjin said, “I thought that Yi Eun would like something to eat and drink before he takes a nap.”

Jackson looked at Seokjin and said, “Jin, Yi Eun’s name at the moment is Mark.”

Seokjin nodded and said, “I understand.” He handed Mark a half sandwich and some milk. Mark ate the sandwich and drank the milk. He handed the empty glass back to Seokjin and laid back down. Within seconds Mark was out cold.

Jackson stood up and looked at Seokjin and said, “What did you do?”

Seokjin smiled and said, “Don’t be alarmed. It’s a small sedative, Dongwan said it should help Yi Eun...I mean Mark to sleep. He should be out for about four hours.”

Jackson turned and pushed some of Mark’s bangs from his forehead and leaned down to give a kiss to Mark’s forehead. He pulled the comforter over Mark’s body and both Seokjin and Jackson quietly walked out.

As they were walking to the stairs, Seokjin turned and said, “I’ve been meaning to ask you, why did you call me Jin?”

Jackson said, “My apologies, I shortened your name because Seokjin is so long, I didn’t think you’d mind. But, I can keep calling you Seokjin, if you want.”

Seokjin shook his head and said, “No. I like it. Jin...has a good ring to it. Thanks Ka Yee...I mean Jackson. These new names are confusing.”

Jackson laughed and said, “Yeah, but you’ll get used to it.”

Jackson and Jin continued talking all the way into the kitchen. As they walked out, Jin told Jackson all about the life of BTS, and how Mark was afraid of everyone. And then he mentioned how he accidently got Mark mad and he scratched him.

They walked into the den where everyone was and they turned as they heard the door open and voices. They were shocked at how Jin was so calm around Jackson. Shinhwa, BTS, Yugyeom, and Jaebum stood up and bowed to Jackson. It caught Jackson by surprise and he quickly started to tell them not too.

“Oh please, don’t bow. I don’t want you to do this.”

Everyone stood up and Yugeyom said, “But, you are a Prince.”

Jackson shrugged and said, “Yeah, so? I’m not like every royal that needs to have people bow to them.”

They nodded and then sat down. Andy said, “How is Yi Eun?”

Jackson sat down on a chair and said, “He’s sleeping. Oh and also, from now on, I would appreciate it if you would call me Jackson and Yi Eun “Mark”.”

Everyone looked at each other, and Minwoo said, “Why?”

Jackson said, “I got both myself and Mark new identities. Yi Eun is “Mark Tuan” and I’m “Jackson Wang.””

Everyone nodded and Andy said, “Okay. It’s confusing, but we’ll do as you say.”

Jin spoke next, “Oh, and I also changed my name, well with the help of Jackson. My name is Jin now.”

Yoongi said, “Why change your name?”

Jin said, “Jackson said the name was too long, so he shortened it.”

BTS looked at each other and said, “Maybe we should change our names too. Have it kind of like a code in case we get caught.”

Jin said, “What are you guys going to call yourselves?”

Hoseok and Yoongi were silent and then Hoseok said, “I could be J-Hope.”

Jimin laughed and said, “J-Hope? What kind of name is that?”

J-Hope slapped Jimin on the back of the head and said, “J is for my last name Jung, and I have a lot of hope for our group.”

Yoongi sat there and looked at everyone. Just then Yugyeom said, “Yoongi, you should be Suga.”

Yoongi looked at him and said, “Why?”

Yugyeom said, “Because you are both sugar and sweet.”

Yoongi shook his head and said, “No I’m not.”

Minwoo nodded and said, “Yes you are. Do you not think that none of us saw how you’ve taken care of Yi Eun? You were very sweet and gentle with him.”

Yoongi blushed and then said, “Suga.” He nodded and said, “Okay. It sounds cool.”

Eric spoke next, “So, Jackson. How did you find our home?”

Jackson smiled and said, “I followed you.”

Eric raised his eyebrows and said, “Excuse me?”

Jackson snickered and said, “Each time Shinhwa and BTS left the house and came back, I followed you. I needed to find Mark, and I figured that eventually I’d find him. What was surprising was the two biggest gangs in Seoul, were the ones taking care of Mark. Who would’ve thought?”

Jin sat in a chair next to Jackson and said, “You and Mark are very close.”

Jackson nodded and said, “Yes, we are. When our parents died, I took care of Mark. Then, when he was taken, I was on a mission to find him. I ended up finding him at the Federation facility being drugged, beaten, neglected, malnourished, tortured. I never wanted to see him like that. He’s got a kind heart, and seeing him like that broke mine. If he stayed there longer, he wouldn’t be the Mark I knew and loved.”

Jin said, “Why?”

Jackson sighed and said, “Mark would’ve lost his will to be free. His heart would’ve shattered and he’d be broken. Then they could do whatever they wanted to him. They could use him to kill, and it wouldn’t phase him. That’s why I broke him out.”

Hyesung said, “Jackson, you know that Shinhwa and BTS are here to keep you and Mark safe. Don’t be afraid to ask us for help.”

Jackson nodded and said, “Thank you. I hated leaving Mark. He’s so fragile, I’m afraid that one day he’ll curl up inside himself.”

Andy said, “Don’t worry. If you have to go anywhere, we’ll take care of him. We enjoy taking care of him. He’s so nice to be around, even though he doesn’t talk much.”

Jackson said, “Yeah. Well, he doesn’t talk much to strangers. But, after a while, he’ll warm up to you and everyone else.”

Then Jackson looked at Eric and said, “So, you were saying that someone from the Federation was trying to get me AND Mark?”

Eric nodded and said, “Yes. We used Jaebum here as bait to lure out Mark. And he almost got killed by a wolf, if it wasn’t for Mark.”

Jackson nodded and said, “That’s the other thing. I didn’t know Mark could change shape like that. I know he’s been known to change into a regular housecat but nothing bigger than that.”

J-Hope said, “When he turned into a cheetah, I was both frightened and awestruck that he could change shape like that.”

Suga said, “He can change shape depending on his mood. If he’s scared, he’ll change into a cat, if he’s upset he’ll change into something like a cheetah, but if he’s pissed, he changed into a tiger.”

Jackson sighed and leaned his head against the back and said, “I can’t believe this is happening to him. I didn’t want him to go through like this.”

Dongwan spoke, “Jackson, something has been bothering me for a while. Eric mentioned about a dog that was with Mark, because Mark is the cat. No dog ever came here. Am I guessing that the dog is you?”

Jackson sighed and looked at Dongwan and said, “Yes. I’m a shapeshifter just like Mark is.”

There were gasps, and Hyesung said, “You can? How? You weren’t in the Federation.”

Jackson said, “Even though I’m a Prince, I was still experimented on. At a young age, I was subjected to the same cruelty that Mark got. Though, when I was younger, I was kind of like Mark. But, now, I can control my shifting. I want to try and find someone who can help Mark control his cat shifter.”

For, the next five hours the group was talking and laughing. Jackson got to find out a lot about Shinhwa and BTS, and he respected them and wanted to make sure they stayed friends with him and Mark. As Jackson listened to them, he could tell someone was walking with his keen ears. He turned his head and looked over at the door that was opening. He smiled when he saw Mark standing there with his bedhead hair.

Mark saw who was in the den and he quickly retreated back into the living room. Jackson looked at the group and stood up. He opened the door and walked out into the living room. He wrapped his arms around Mark and tried to put down Mark’s bedhead hair. A few minutes later, Jackson walked back into the den holding Mark’s hand. He sat down on the recliner and had Mark sit on his lap.

The group looked at Mark and he quickly turned his head toward the wall. Jackson chuckled and looked at Mark as he said, “You’re shy? You know who they are.”

Mark bit his bottom lip and said, “I know. It’s just that I’m trying to get used to them.”

Jackson smiled and he looked over at the others and said, “Don’t worry, Mark is fine. He’s just shy when he wakes up. Not to mention, he’s still trying to get used to everyone.”

Jin walks over and he lifts Mark’s face so he can see, and said, “You are so handsome, even after waking up.”

Mark blushed and covered his face with his hands, causing everyone to laugh. Jackson chuckled and looked at Jin as he said, “Now that was rude. Yes, Mark is handsome, but he doesn’t take compliments very well.”

Jin sighed and walked over as he pulled Mark’s hands from his face and said, “I’m sorry, Mark. I didn’t mean to make you shy.”

Mark shrugged but didn’t say anything. Jackson looked at Mark and said, “Are you hungry?”

Mark shook his head, but his stomach decided to let itself be known. It started to growl which caused Jackson and Jin to chuckle. Jackson said, “Well, it looks like you’re wrong. Go with Jin so that he can make something for you.”

Mark looked at Jackson and said, “By myself?”

Jackson nodded and moved so that Mark stood up. Jackson said, “Yes. Jin will get something good for you to eat. Now go or your stomach will continue to growl.”

When Mark didn’t move, Jackson pushed him a little and patted him on the backside which caused Mark to blush and move away from Jackson. Mark walked with Jin to the kitchen.

Andy spoke, “So, why is Mark all of a sudden clingy?”

Jackson said, “Well, because he’s been looking for me, he doesn’t want to be away from me. He wouldn’t even let my hand go when I was trying to get him to take a nap. Jin gave him a sedative in order to knock him out.”

Jimin said, “Well, Jin is like the mother of our group, so he’ll take care of Mark just as if Jin was Mark’s mom.”

Jackson laughed and said, “I’d like to see that. I want Mark to enjoy a family, as seeing he didn’t really get that when he was at the facility.”

After a few minutes, the door burst open and in ran Mark. He ran over and hid behind Jackson’s chair and breathing hard. Jackson was confused and said, “Mark, what is wrong?”

Mark said, “Don’t tell Jin where I am. He’s creepy.”

BTS started to chuckle because they know what Jin did to Mark. He usually does to all the members. He feeds them, literally from the spoon. Breathes on it if it’s hot, or sometimes does noises, as if the members were small children.

Jin walked in with a sandwich and milk and looks around. He says, “I know that Mark came in here. Where is he?”

Jackson and everyone pointed behind the chair which caused Mark to groan. Jin walked over and saw Mark huddled behind the chair. Jin sighed and knelt down, he reached over, but instead of grabbing Mark’s arm, he instead went to Mark’s waist and started to tickle him, causing Mark to laugh uncontrollably and struggle against the tickling. Mark finally moved out from behind the chair and Jin grabbed Mark’s arm and sat down on a recliner. He put Mark on his lap and gave him the sandwich. Mark didn’t want to be on Jin’s lap, but Jin wouldn’t have it. Mark sighed and looked at Jackson and pouted.

Jackson shook his head and said, “Don’t use that pout on me. You need to sit there and eat what mama gives you.”

The group along with Jin were confused because Jackson spoke in a language that wasn’t Korean, and Mark was eating the sandwich. Jin said, “Jackson, what did you say, and what language is that?”

Jackson smiled and said, “Mark and I are Chinese, so we both know Mandarin, but we don’t use it often. But, sometimes I use it to scold him or tell him he has to do something.”

Jin nodded and said, “Well, it apparently worked. He’s eating his sandwich.”

Mark swallowed the food and drank the milk as he said, “I’m not a child. You don’t need to stare at me.”

Jin laughed and said, “I know, but we get to care for someone young. So, get used to it. Besides, I’m the mom in BTS, so if you don’t want to get on the wrong side, just do whatever I or Jackson says.”

Mark looks at Jackson and whined, “Jackson.”

Jackson shook his head and laughed as he looked at Mark being coddled by Jin. The BTS members have never seen Jin this motherly to someone else that wasn’t in the group. They enjoyed watching this, and hope that it stays this way, but they know that soon or later, the Wang brothers will be parting ways once everything blows over.

Jackson looked at his watch and stood up. He looked over at Mark and walked over to him. He lightly touched Mark’s face and said, “Markie, I have to go for a while.”

Mark nodded and said, “Okay. Let me get dressed and put my shoes on, then we’ll go.”

Jackson sighed and said, “No. Mark. I want you to stay here with Shinhwa and BTS.”

Mark looked at Jackson and said, “What? But, why? I want to stay with you.”

Jackson knew this was going to happen and he said, “Mark do you really think I’d be able to protect you outside? I’m trying to keep myself from getting caught, not to mention finding someone to help you, AND protect you. No. I can’t do that.”

Mark had tears in his eyes and said, “But, Jackson... please.”

Jackson shook his head as Mark kept pleading. Mark started to struggle against Jin but he held onto Mark. The pleading and whining kept getting louder and louder until Jackson had enough, “YI EUN WANG! STOP IT!”

Mark bit his bottom lip when Jackson shouted at him, not to mention used Mark’s real name. Jackson said, “I’m sorry, I can’t take you with me. Stay here in the safety of the home. Do NOT venture out, you understand?”

Mark nodded without saying a word. Jackson turned and looked at Shinhwa and bowed as he said, “Thank you for letting Mark stay here, and letting me spend some time with him. I need to go and look for someone to help Mark and I. I’ll come back when I can. Please take care of him.”

Eric nodded as he watched Jackson walk out of the den and Mark continued struggling with Jin. Finally, Mark used his elbow to hit Jin in the ribs which caused him to let Mark go. Mark ran into the living room just as Jackson was leaving. Mark ran over to the door and opened it. He was about to run out, when he heard his name called. He looked over to see Eric, Andy, and Minwoo standing in front of the den.

Eric said, “Don’t even think about going outside. Your brother told you to stay here. Shut the door and come back into the den.”

Mark kept the door open and looked at the retreating figure of Jackson. Tears filled his eyes as he watched his brother disappear in the night. Andy walked over, closed and locked the door. Then he gently took Mark’s arm and led him back into the den. He brought Mark over to Jin and had him sit on Jin’s lap. Jin wrapped his arms around Mark and had Mark lay his head on his shoulder. Jin could feel his neck become wet from Mark’s tears.

Jin sighed and said, “Don’t worry Mark, Jackson will be back soon. Just be patient. We’ll take care of you.”

Mark cried on Jin’s shoulder until he fell asleep. Eric walked over and picked Mark up, bridal style and carried him to his bedroom, with Jin following. Jin wanted to make sure that Mark wasn’t alone, in case he woke up. Eric laid Mark on the bed and Jin set into Mark getting under the covers. He pulled the comforter up to Mark’s chin and he sat on the chair and gently ran his hand over Mark’s hair.

Jin sighed and watched Mark sleep, every now and then wiping away a stray tear that happened to come out from the corner of Mark’s closed eyes.

 

To be continued...

 

Author’s Note:

What did you think of this chapter? Again sorry for making Mark weak, but I REALLY like this Mark. He is child-like. I wanted Jin to be the mother of not only BTS, but also of Jackson and Mark. But, don’t worry, there will be some fighting going on in later chapters. I just wanted to get BTS and Shinhwa get to know Jackson.

What did you think of Ka Yee changing his name to “Jackson” and Yi Eun having his name changed to “Mark Tuan?” Clever huh? Now, I’ll be using Jackson and Mark, unless Jackson scolds Mark, or Jackson gets scolded or yelled at.

And now we find out that Jackson is a shapeshifter as well, not to mention a Prince. Interesting.

 

So, if you like the chapter please...

                                      SUBSCRIBE...COMMENT...and UPVOTE!!!