Chapter 6

To Protect...or Die to Protect

That night, as Shinhwa and BTS fell asleep, the house was so quiet you could hear a pin drop. All the maids, and other servants have retired to their quarters, and there was no one anywhere in the house. Just then a door opened upstairs, and someone walked out all dressed in black, even with their face covered. The person quietly walked down the stairs and looked around but didn’t see anyone. The person uncovers their face as they look around and it was....Mark.

Mark wasn’t about to sit and wait for Jackson to come back. He was going to find Jackson himself. Which is not only dangerous, but stupid.

Mark walked over to the alarm system, and he opened the box. He has watched Shinhwa many times to know how to turn on and turn off the alarm system. He put a flashlight in his mouth as he worked on the alarm system. He pushed a few buttons, and suddenly the numbers disappeared. Mark smiled and he put the flashlight away, as he walked to the front door. He opened it and waited for an alarm, but nothing happened. He smiled as he turned to look at the inside of the house, and then he turned and quietly closed the door. He walked down the sidewalk and looked from side to side. He knew that Jackson ran ahead down the road, which is where he’s going.

What Mark didn’t know though is that someone heard him walking around. The person walked to the balcony and watched as Mark ran away from the house. He walked over to a door and knocked on it. The door opened to reveal Eric.

Dongwan said, “You were right. He left.”

Eric rubbed his hand over his face and said, “That kid is going to be in so much trouble. Was the tracking device planted securely?”

Dongwan nodded and produced a small box, where a red dot was blinking. Dongwan said, “He wouldn’t have known that the device was implanted in his shoes.”

Eric nodded and said, “Wake everyone else up. We have to find Mark before the Federation does.”

Dongwan did as Eric said. He woke BTS and the rest of Shinhwa. Minwoo and Andy were not happy that Mark ran away from them. Andy thought that Mark was happy with them.

Hyesung said, “Andy, you have to understand. Mark is a shapeshifter. He is not used to being treated with kindness. Not only that, his only blood relative ran off without him. Mark is going to find a way to get back to him.”

Andy said, “But, what about the Federation? They will surely find him before us.”

Eric walked in and said, “We just have to hope that we’ll find him before they do. Come on, it’s only been an hour and a half since he left. The tracking device will tell us where he is.”

They got in their cars and drove using the tracking device. Shinhwa had the tracking device, so BTS followed them in their car. They drove for miles not believing that Mark had travelled this far in that small amount of time.

Finally, the tracking device blinking light started to blink slower which means that they are getting close to Mark. They looked around and suddenly Andy pointed. There casually walking down the street was Mark. They could see him clench and unclench his fists. Mark saw car lights coming from behind him and he turned to see who it was. His eyes got wide when he saw Eric in the driver’s seat. He pulled up next to him as BTS stopped their car and got out. Mark turned to look at BTS and then he glared at Eric.

“I’m not going back. I need to find Jackson.”

Eric said, “Mark, come on. Don’t be stubborn. Jackson only wants you safe.”

Mark shook his head and said, “No. I’m going to find Jackson. Don’t come after me.”

Suddenly, Mark turned and took off toward the forest. They knew that once he’s in the forest they are screwed because they wouldn’t be able to find him. BTS ran after him, along with the other Shinhwa members. Eric stayed in the car and waited. He looked at his watch.

Suddenly, there was a car driving past him, but the car stopped next to him. Eric turned to look at the person, and the person smiled evilly. He watched as the driver drove past him and turned to the left. Mark got out of his car and walked towards where the driver was. He neared the corner and peered around a tree to see the driver, along with four other men, dressed in white. They had nets and a stun gun with them. Eric’s eyes went wide and one word was in his mind: Federation.

Eric walked back to his car and took his phone out. He dialed Hyesung, and finally got a voice on the other end.

“Eric, I’m busy. Why did you call?”

Eric sighed and said, “Hyesung, get Mark as soon as possible. The Federation is here. There are five men in white clothes with nets and stun guns coming in for Mark. If you can find him, grab him and get over to the cars.”

Hyesung said, “! I wish we could, but we lost him. He shapeshifted.”

Eric punched the steering wheel and said, “Damn it! All right, just be on the lookout for them.”

Eric hung up and sighed. He knew that if Jackson found out they lost Mark, he’s going to be in a load of .

Inside the forest

Hyesung walked over to the others and said, “We have a problem. Eric just called me to say the Federation is here.”

Jin’s eyes went wide and said, “What? Well, then we need to find him.”

Suga spoke, “How? He turned into an animal. And we don’t know which one he turned into.”

Jin looked at Hyesung and said, “So, what do we do?”

Andy spoke, “We keep looking. He would look out of place if he’s a tiger, or a cheetah. But, be on the lookout for any kind of cat.”

They continued going deeper into the forest and desperately looking for Mark. As they walked on the path they were walking before, they turned to see the Federation walking toward them.

“Well, well, well. Isn’t it a surprise to see BTS and Shinhwa together? What are you boys doing here in the forest at this time of night?”

Jimin said, “What’s it to you?”

The leader of the Federation smiled and said, “We are looking for a stray cat. You boys haven’t found him anywhere, have you?”

They looked at each other and then back at the Federation. Hyesung said, “No. And even if we found him, we wouldn’t tell you.”

The leader narrowed his eyes and said, “That’s an unwise choice, son. The stray cat could kill you.”

Hyesung laughed and said, “First, I’m not your son, and second, the stray cat would kill you before he tries to kill us.”

The leader looks at Hyesung and then at JunJin and said, “Ah, Junjin. How’s your brother, Jinyoung is it? Oh, that’s right...he disappeared.”

JunJin lunged at the man but was held back by Hyesung, Dongwan, MInwoo, and Andy. JunJin said, “You know full well where my brother is, you bastard! And when I do find him, I WILL kill you!”

The man laughed and said, “Not if they get to you first.” He looked over at Jimin and said, “You are Jungkook’s older brother right?”

Jimin took a few steps back and Suga put Jimin behind him. Suga said, “You already have one brother, you’re not going to get a second one.”

The man laughed and said, “We don’t have anyone. We just have a bunch of stray dogs, cats, and other animals.”

Hyesung said, “I hope you realize that we will stop you from harming the cat.”

The man laughed again and said, “No you won’t. Once we get the cat, you will be dealt with. And then, we’ll find the dog.”

The man turned and walked away with the rest of his men. Suddenly, the men stopped. BTS, and Shinhwa looked past them, and gasped. There standing a few feet away from them was a cougar. It looked at them and growled. The men got their guns ready and aimed...

“RUN! MARK RUN! GET OUT OF HERE!”

Andy was the one that screamed at the cougar causing the cat to run away frightened. The men turned around with angry looks. The other men held their guns ready and aimed them at Andy.

The man said, “Wrong move, boy. We were in line for that cat. Now you scared it off.”

Andy moved closer to Hyesung and said, “You don’t know if it was Mark. Cougars are known to be in the forest.”

The man smiled and said, “We would’ve checked. Now, it looks like you’ll have to be the one to help us.”

The man walked towards Andy but Shinhwa stood in front of him. No one is going to take Andy away from them. Andy has been the best helper with Mark, they didn’t want Mark to attack Andy if he is used as bait for Mark.

The man said, “You made him run, so you should be the one to find him.”

Dongwan said, “No. We did it to keep Mark safe. You are not going to go after him. We don’t even know what you’re planning on doing to him.”

The man said, “It doesn’t concern you.”

JunJin spoke, “It does when we promised to protect him from the Federation.”

The man laughed and said, “Protect him? You didn’t do very good in protecting him. He’s not in your view. My men could be picking him up right now.”

Jin spoke, “We are not handing Mark over to you.”

The man looked and said, “Ah, Seokjin, how nice to see you. How does it feel to be the new leader of BTS?”

Jin said, “I’m not the leader of BTS.”

The man said, “Oh? You’re older than the others. You don’t want the job?”

Jin shook his head and said, “No. Namjoon will always be the leader, but right now I’m not the leader. He is.” Jin pointed over his shoulder, and the man looked over to see Suga standing next to Jin.

The man said, “Ah, Yoongi is the new leader. Nice. Maybe BTS will be a little more dangerous, than when Namjoon was the leader. He wasn’t much of a leader.”

Jimin lunged at the man, but was held back by JunJin as he said, “SHUT THE HELL UP! YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW MUCH NAMJOON CARES FOR US!”

The man smiled and said, “Ah ah ah Jimin, don’t lose your cool. JunJin doesn’t need to lose another brother.”

JunJin glared at the man and quickly pushed Jimin behind him.

The man was ready to say something when his phone rang. He picked it up and he didn’t say anything, then he smiled as he said, “You found him? Nice. Text me the location, and I’ll get over there.”

Everyone looked at each other in horror and then back at the man. He smiled and said, “Well, I guess we’ll have to quit our little talk. My men just found the cat. We’ll be going there to take what is rightfully ours.”

J-Hope said, “Like hell you will. We won’t allow you too.”

The man smirked and said, “Hoseok, stop trying to sound big. You’re not that tough. You may look tough at times, but you’re not. Of course, I can always trade Jungkook or Namjoon for you.”

J-Hope took a few steps back after the man said that. The man smiled and said, “I thought so. Talk too big and you could give yourself a lot of problems.”

The man smiled and started to move away and turn his back when suddenly, he heard movement. His eyes went wide when he was charged at by both Shinhwa and BTS. Shinhwa and BTS were fighting with the lead man from the Federation and his four men. Shinhwa had their guns with them, and they shot all five men after beating them up. Those men never stood a chance with Shinhwa and BTS.

Andy said, “Come on, we need to find where Mark is.”

Shinhwa still had the tracking device. Shinhwa and BTS ran through the forest looking for Mark. After going deeper and deeper into the forest, they notice the tracking device was pulsing quickly, which means that Mark was close. They moved slowly towards where Mark is, and they hear voices. They sneak behind some bushes and look over to see a cougar chained and muzzled. The other men there were sitting and talking, while the others were busy poking the cougar.

One man said, “I tried getting a hold of the leader, but he’s not picking up. I wonder if he got into some trouble.”

The other man said, “Don’t worry about it. He said that if anything should happen to him, we are to continue with our orders. Take the cat back to the Federation, and be done with that.”

Shinhwa and BTS looked at each other and then looked at the men. Andy whispered, “What do we do now? They are going to take Mark back with them. Jackson is going to have our heads.”

Minwoo said, “No he won’t. We won’t allow them to get too far.”

The main man stood up and said, “Well, we sat long enough. Let’s take this monster into the van and leave.”

The other six men pulled the cougar up and pulled it to walk. The cougar growled and tried to maul the men, but they jabbed, poked, and kicked the cougar. It was difficult for Shinhwa and BTS to watch this being done to Mark.

They watched as they walked away from their camp and walked towards their van. Shinhwa stood up and ran across the path until they were in front. The men were walking and as they walked around the bend they saw Shinhwa standing there in the path.

The main man said, “Move.”

JunJin said, “Give us the cougar.”

The leader said, “No. The cougar belongs to the Federation, and we need to get him there as soon as possible. You are in our way.”

Andy spoke, “We are not going to let you get past with that cougar.”

The men took out their guns and aimed them at Shinhwa. Shinhwa took out their guns as well and aimed them at the Federation men. It was a standoff.

Suddenly there was a groan behind the Federation and they turned. The one man coughed up blood as he fell to his knees. There standing stark was Mark. No muzzle, but the chains were still on his wrists. He brought his hand up to his mouth and they could see a paw with shark claws, and blood running down a furry arm. His eyes shimmered.

 

To be continued...

 

Author’s Note:

So, what did you think of this chapter? Can you believe it, Mark actually killed a member of the Federation? What is happening to Mark?

Mark seems to be changing little by little. There are times that he can’t remember that he turns into an animal, this time it seems to be different.

There will be a fight soon. I just haven’t gotten around to it yet. But, be patient for that.

As for how many chapters I’m planning on this story, I’m not going to have a LONG story. I don’t mind writing LONG stories, but I prefer this story to be shorter.

Anyway, if you like the story please...

 

                                           SUBSCRIBE...COMMENT...UPVOTE!!!