Chapter 15

To Protect...or Die to Protect

*F word at the end of the chapter*

Zico’s House

The next morning, there was a knock on a door. There was no answer. The person opened the door and stepped inside. It was dark with the drapes closed but you can tell a person was laying in the bed. The person who knocked walked over and opened the drapes to let in the morning light. The person turned around and it was Jina. She smiled as she watched Mark sleep cocooned in the covers. She walked over to the other side as seeing his back was towards the window. She knelt down and used her hand to move his banks from his face and she saw him flinch. He slowly opened his eyes and Jina smiled at him.

“Good morning.”

Mark turned over on his back and yawned and stretched. He looked at her and said, “What time is it?”

Jina said, “It’s 9 am. You need to eat your breakfast.”

Mark nodded and said, “Alright.”

Jina walked to the door and then turned as she said, “When you’re done with breakfast, come see me in the basement.”

Mark nodded and watched Jina leave. He got out of bed and walked into the bathroom and showered. After he was refreshed, he got dressed in black jeans and a light blue shirt. He combed his hair and stepped out of the room. He walked down the hallway, and then down the stairs. He entered the kitchen and saw the maid had made him some breakfast. Eggs, bacon, toast with orange juice. He sat down and was about to eat when he noticed that no one was in the room. It felt empty. Oh well, maybe they were doing something for the day. He ate his breakfast and drank the orange juice. When he was done, he took his plate and glass and washed them out and placed them in the sink. He went to look for the basement. He finds it and opens the door. He felt a cold uneasy feeling coming from the basement. But, Jina said to go into the basement. He could trust her, couldn’t he?

Mark sighed and walked down the stairs as he closed the door. He noticed the lights were on dim and felt it getting colder and colder, not to mention he was getting goose bumps. Mark got to the bottom of the steps and looked around. He found Jina waiting for him.

Jina said, “Come with me Yi Eun.”

Jina held out her hand and Mark looked at her hand and then at her as he put his hand in hers. They walked around and toward the back of the basement. He noticed there was a door at the far end of the basement. A voice in his head was telling him to NOT go in the room, but his body was moving on its own. They got to the door and Jina opened it. They walked in and it was a dark tunnel. There were dim lights on so you could see your way. Jina led Mark through the tunnel and there was another door. They got to the wooden door and she knocked on it three times. A latch was heard and then the door opened. Jina walked in with Mark. Mark stood there stunned.

Meanwhile at Shinhwa’s home….

Hyesung looked up at the person’s eyes, as seeing they were wearing a mask, and then he looked at the gun. The place figure cocked the gun and…

 

BANG!

Hyesung closed his eyes thinking that he’ll feel the bullet enter him, but he felt nothing. He looked up to see the figure fall backward and end up on the floor. Hyesung looked around and then stood up to look behind him and saw Dongwan standing there with a gun.

Dongwan ran up to Hyesung and said, “We heard shots being fired. I’m glad I got here in time.”

Hyesung said, “Eric hyung was shot.”

Dongwan looked behind him as the others ran over to assist Eric.

Hyesung’s eyes went wide as he saw Eric stand up with no problem. He turned around and lifted up his shirt to reveal a bulletproof vest. Hyesung felt relieved.

Dongwan said, “Eric hyung knew that someone was probably going to come for us. He decided to put on the bulletproof vest.”

Eric walked over and looked at Hyesung and said, “I think from now on, we are ALL going to wear bulletproof vests to be safe. But first, I want to know who decided to enter our property.”

Eric bent down and took the mask off.

There were gasps from B.A.P and BTS. Eric looked up and said, “Yongguk do you know who this is?”

Yongguk nodded and sighed as he said, “Unfortunately yes. He is one of Zico’s men. His name is Park Kyung.”

Eric stands up and looks at everyone and says, “Okay, we have no time to sit around and think about it. We need to go and get Jackson and Joonhong back.”

Jin said, “What about Mark?”

Eric says, “We’ll get him out too. But, first, we have to find our runaway charges first. Jimin get the map of Busan, we are NOT going to wait any longer.”

Back at Zico’s house…

Mark stood there and was shocked as he saw it was a laboratory. Everything was white and sterile. Mark looked down and took his hand from Jina’s and started to back away toward the door. Jina turned around and looked at Mark.

“Where are you going, Yi Eun?”

Mark looked at her and cringed when she used his real name again. He wondered why she would use his real name when she knew his name is Mark. He looked over and saw many people looking towards them. Mark turned and ran toward the door. He tried to open it but it was locked. Mark banged on the door desperately and he could hear Jina talked to him.

“Yi Eun, if you continue to fight it, it will take longer to set in.”

Mark looked at her and said, “What? What did you do?”

Jina smiled and walked over to him as he felt arms grab him. He looked over and it was some assistants and the other members of Block B. Jina said, “Well, I spiked your food and orange juice. Soon, you’ll be feeling free.”

Mark couldn’t believe it. The person that he trusted…had betrayed him.

Mark looked at Jina and said, “Why? Why are you doing this?”

Jina smiled and said, “Because, it’s not every day you get to see a REAL shapeshifter like yourself Yi Eun. Besides, they offered me money.”

Mark sighed and said, “All of this just for money? You are such a greedy .”

Jina’s eyes flared up and she walked over and slapped Mark on his left cheek and then looked at the men holding Mark and said, “Lay him on the counter. I’ll contact Tae Il and Jason.”

Jina left the room as the assistants led Mark over to a metal table. He struggled and tried to get away from them, but they were stronger. Mark was forced on the table and his wrists and ankles were strapped to the table. Mark was crying out and telling them to let him go. They stood back and didn’t say anything.

A few minutes later, the door opened and in walked a short man with round rimmed glasses, a man who was in a lab coat was behind him, and other men walked in. They stood by the door as the man with the glasses and the man with the lab coat walked over to Mark.

The man with the glasses said, “Hello, Yi Eun. My name is Lee Tae Il, and the person behind me is Jason Evers. He’s from America. He’s also from the Federation, which I’m pretty sure you know.”

Mark’s eyes went wide and he said, “What do you want?”

Tae Il smiled and said, “Well, you are going to be our experiment. From what Mr. Evers told me, you escaped before they could finish the experiment. So, we are here to complete it.”

Mark struggled and said, “You are NOT doing anything to me!”

Jason smiled and said, “Wow. You’re getting feisty. I like that. Don’t worry Yi Eun. Soon, you’ll be free and happy. You won’t have a care in the world.”

Mark continued to struggle when suddenly he noticed that his body was becoming weaker. His head laid on the table and he was trying to keep his eyes open and he said, “What…what’s going on with me?”

Tae Il said, “Jina was nice enough to spike your food and drink so that you’ll be unconscious when this experiment starts. When you wake up, you’ll feel 10x better than you do now.”

Mark looked at Tae Il and Jason and soon their faces started to blur and within minutes Mark’s body relaxed, and his eyes closed. Tae Il walked over and waved his hand in front of Mark’s face to see if he was joking. When Mark didn’t wake up, he poked Mark in the arm but nothing happened.

Tae Il looked at Jason and said, “He’s ready.”

Jason smiled and said, “Good. Let’s begin. We’ve already got Jinyoung, Jungkook, Namjoon and Youngjae in our grasp. Now we just need Yi Eun to finish the process.”

Tae Il nodded and he pulled out a syringe. He filled it with some clear liquid and stuck it in Mark’s vein. Tae Il stood there and said, “This will take a few seconds. He’ll be under our command when the solution goes through his veins.”

Exactly what Tae Il said. Within seconds, Mark’s eyes opened but he was staring at the ceiling. Tae Il and Jason looked at each other and smiled and then looked back at Mark.

Meanwhile, in Busan…

Jackson and Joonhong were running around and trying to keep themselves from being known. They had bought some clothes so they could walk around like the rest of the people. But, the dialect was different from Seoul. Jackson was nervous because he couldn’t talk in their language. Suddenly, Joonhong spoke and he used a Busan dialect. Jackson was shocked.

When the woman helped them find clothes Jackson looked at Joonhong and said, “I didn’t know you could speak in a Busan dialect.”

Joonhong smiled and said, “It pays to be an Android. Yongguk hyung taught me everything. He told me to learn ALL dialects and languages so that I can talk with no problem.”

Jackson sighed and said, “Well, that doesn’t work for me. I’m still struggling with Korean. Anyway, let’s continue looking around for where Mark is.”

Jackson and Joonhong walked around Busan and found exactly the place that Mark mentioned. He heard the plane go over their heads and a train horn not too far away. They looked and saw a nice-looking house sitting there out in the open. It looked pretty normal, except when they saw some men walk around the house as if they are guarding it.

Jackson and Joonhong moved behind some trees and he whispered, “This has to be the place. Why would anyone have people guarding the house?”

Jackson and Joonhong hung back and tried to come up with a way to get into the house. They didn’t realize that someone was coming up behind them. The people stopped a few feet away when they heard Jackson talking. One of the people took out a controller and pressed a button.

Joonhong suddenly fell to his knees and hung his head. Jackson looked over at Joonhong and tried to wake him up but he couldn’t. That’s when he heard a voice behind him.

“You are in soo much trouble.”

Jackson turned around to see BTS, B.A.P, and Shinhwa standing there. Jackson gave a little smile as he saw Eric walk up to him.

Jackson said, “Hyung, I can explain. Joonhong led me out here. I didn’t know where we were going.”

Eric grabbed Jackson’s chin in his hands to stop him from talking and Eric’s face came close to Jackson’s and said, “Lying isn’t going to get you anywhere. We know that Joonhong wouldn’t have done that. You are the one responsible for taking him, and you’ll suffer the consequences.”

Jackson flinched and he tried to talk but Eric covered his mouth and said, “You are not to talk the rest of the day. If you do, I’ll gag you.”

Jackson pouted as Eric stood there and said, “You will only speak when spoken too. So, Jackson, this is where Mark is being held?”

Jackson cleared his throat and said, “I’m not sure. There are guards walking around the house. I’m figuring this is the place.”

Jackson looked over and saw Yongguk walk over to Joonhong and Jackson said, “Is he alright?”

Yongguk and said, “Yes he is. No thanks to you. You could’ve gotten him hurt.”

Jackson bowed his head and looked over at the house, while the others watched.

Suddenly, they saw the guards stop at the front door. Out walked Block B, some guys that Jackson wasn’t too familiar with, then they saw Mark walk out, and behind him is Jason.

Jackson gasped and said, “What is he doing here?”

Hyesung said, “You know him?”

Jackson sighed and said, “Yeah. He’s the leader of the Federation. His name is Jason Evers. He’s from America.”

They watched as everyone got in two black cars and drove off. They watched where they went and they pulled Jackson away and carried Joonhong back to the cars. They got in and followed the black cars. They drove for many miles without stopping, but always hanging back to keep from being detected. They left Busan and entered Seoul again.

Dongwan said, “Jackson, what would Jason want with Mark?”

Jackson sighed and said, “Jason was running an experiment on him when I broke Mark out. Now, he’s come back to reclaim his property.”

They were driving and suddenly they noticed the cars were stopping by steel gates. They watched the gates open and the cars drove past the gates and down the long driveway. Shinhwa, B.A.P, BTS, and Jackson got out of the cars. Andy took out some binoculars and handed them to Eric.

Eric looked through them and watched as the cars drove up to a mansion. Everyone got out and walked into the house. Eric said, “They stopped in front of that mansion. I wonder if that is where everyone is congregating. Jackson, did Jason ever say where the facilities were for the Federation?”

Jackson said, “They were here in Korea and in the States. Why?”

Eric looked at everyone and said, “Because, if it’s here in Korea too, they might be keeping the other experiments hidden in this mansion, undetected.”

Jackson said, “How do I get Mark out?”

Junjin walks over and puts an arm around Jackson’s shoulders and said, “Don’t worry, we’ll figure something out.”

Minwoo spoke up and said, “We have to figure out how to get to the house and find out what is going on in there, but not get caught by those guards.”

Andy said, “But, even still, we have to assume there will be security cameras on the grounds and in the house.”

Eric nodded and said, “Andy’s right. We have to be on alert the whole time.”

Hyesung says, “So, how are we doing this? We know the Federation doesn’t know us, but Block B would know who we are.”

Eric sighed and said, “You’re right. Any suggestions?”

Just then they heard a voice and looked over to see Joonhong stand next to them and said, “What about me?”

Yongguk walked behind Joonhong and looked at everyone. Eric said, “What about you?”

Jongup says, “Joonhong is an Android. He’s programmed to do pretty much anything. No one has really seen him.”

Joonhong says, “I also know pretty much every language that is out there.”

Eric looks at Yongguk and said, “Was this your idea?”

Yongguk shook his head and said, “Nope. This is all Joonhong’s idea. As an Android, I’ve programmed him so he can do pretty much everything we can do. I pretty much made him real. He can’t be detected by anything that can see through clothes. When it does, it will only see working body parts.”

Eric nodded and said, “Impressive. The future is slowly creeping up.”

Jackson opened his mouth and said, “What about me, hyung?”

Eric looked at Jackson and said, “You are staying here.”

Jackson cried out, “What? Why? Because I took Joonhong with me? Oh, come on. They have my brother in there.”

Hyesung walked over and put his hands on Jackson’s shoulders and said, “All the more reason to keep you here. What if they captured you too?”

Jackson said, “Well, I’d be with my brother.”

Hyesung nodded and said, “And maybe dead or worse. You are trying to rescue your brother, not become a risk. Listen to Eric hyung, he’s doing this to keep you safe.”

Jackson opened his mouth to object when Hyesung said, “And if you complain, I have no problem with taking you back home and let Jea deal with you.”

Jackson closed his mouth after Hyesung made the threat. Jackson already knows what Jea can do, so he decides to keep quiet.

Minwoo said, “So, what are we going to do to get Joonhong into the house?”

Joonhong looks at Yongguk and said, “You think we should do it now?”

Yongguk sighed and said, “Yeah. Just be careful. The last time you did this, you nearly destroyed a city.”

Shinhwa, Jackson, and BTS looked at Yongguk as Hyesung asked, “What do you mean?”

Yongguk sighed and said, “Because Joonhong is an Android, he can lock himself up inside, but when he does that, the other personality could turn deadly. So, we need to take precaution.”

Eric said, “How deadly?”

Himchan said, “When Yongguk hyung created Joonhong back in the States, he nearly leveled a city. Luckily enough, it was a city that didn’t have a lot of people at the time, but still, he almost leveled it.”

Jackson said, “How did you make him stop?”

Yongguk put his hand on the back of Joonhong’s neck and said, “I had to shoot him. I didn’t want too, but it was the only way.”

Jackson’s eyes went wide and he said, “Oh my.”

Yongguk looks at Joonhong and said, “Okay, this is what you’re going to do.”

Yongguk proceeded to tell Joonhong exactly what he wants Joonhong to say and think about. They watched as Joonhong put on a black leather jacket and messed up his hair. He strolled up to the gate and looked at the men.

“Who are you and what do you want?”

Joonhong looked at them and said, “Tell your boss, Zico, that Zelo’s here.”

The men’s eyes went wide and one of them took their phone out and called Zico. They opened the gate and stood aside so Zelo could walk in. They watched as he walked up the driveway and they wiped the sweat from their foreheads.

Zelo got to the front door and pounded on the door. The door opened and Zico smiled as he said, “Well, well, well. If it isn’t the maknae from B.A.P. What brings you to my door, Zelo?”

Zelo looks at Zico with no emotion and says, “Don’t even talk about B.A.P. I’m not longer with them. I’m on my own now.”

Zico was surprised and he said, “Really? Before you were head over heels for Yongguk. What happened?”

Zelo grumbled and said, “What the does it matter? I’m not with them anymore. You going to let me in or do I have to break your neck?”

Zico snickered and said, “I love it when you’re bold like that. You don’t need to have your in a twist. Come on in. The party is just down the hall.”

Zelo stepped into the house and past Zico, but not without butting shoulders with him, and causing Zico to stagger back a bit. He closed the door as Zelo walked down the hall.

 

To be continued...

Author’s Note:

 

I do want to apologize for not updating the story. I’ve been busy with work and school, and real life. Not to mention I was dealing with writer’s block.

So, anyway, what did you think of this chapter?

So much happened in this chapter. Eric got shot, Hyesung almost got shot, but the killer was shot instead. Jackson and Joonhong were found, Mark was betrayed and it seems is being used for something. And now Joonhong’s other personality, Zelo, has come out to play and goes to see Zico. Something interesting is going to happen. Just so you know, Jason is the leader of the Federation who was doing experiments.

 

If you liked this story or chapter, please....

 

                                                              SUBSCRIBE...COMMENT...UPVOTE!!!

 

Thank you.