Chapter 4

To Protect...or Die to Protect

Later that day, some of the maids got together and found some pictures of Prince Wang. They started to make him look just like Prince Wang. Of course, Prince Wang isn’t adorned with jewels, he prefers himself to look just like the people, a street look. When Shinhwa, and BTS walked in to see what he looks like, they couldn’t believe how much he looked just like Prince Wang.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicYugyeom walked in and said, “It’s getting dark out. If we are going to do this, we better do it now, or we’ll lose our chance to get Yi Eun back.”

Shinhwa, BTS, and Yugyeom got into the cars and drove to the forest. They all got out and looked at the sky. It was turning pink and purple, which is signaling for the darkness to fall. They looked at the forest. Eric started to walk toward the forest, when Hoseok spoke.

“Um, isn’t this the forest that is rumored to be haunted?”

They turned to look at him, and Eric said, “What? Are you serious?”

Hoseok nodded and said, “Yeah. I heard since I was a kid that this forest was haunted because some spirits from long ago never left. And I heard about many people have died in the forest because of the spirits.”

Eric rolled his eyes and said, “There are no spirits. Come on, let’s go and do this, or we’ll lose Yi Eun.”

They stopped at the edge of the forest and looked around. Just as Eric stepped into the forest, a gust of wind came out making the branches move around, as if the trees were trying to keep them out. Eric looked at everyone and then continued. The others all went with him. They looked around as they noticed it was getting darker because of the tree branches at the top. They were covering the sky.

They walked further into the forest but haven’t seen anyone, anything, or even Yi Eun. They huddled together and looked around, finally Eric spoke.

“YI EUN! YI EUN! WHERE ARE YOU?! IT’S YOUR FRIENDS, SHINHWA, AND BTS! WE DON’T WANT TO HURT YOU! PLEASE COME OUT!”

There was no sound. Another gust of wind came through the forest. They huddled together again as they looked around and waited for anything.

Then Eric said, “YI EUN! WE’VE GOT PRINCE WANG! HE’S HERE WAITING FOR YOU! HE WANTS TO SEE YOU!”

Again, nothing.

Jaebum walked over to Eric and said, “It seems like he’s not coming. What if he’s farther into the forest, or he’s not in his right mind?”

Eric sighed and said, “I know. It’s just that we need to try anything to get Yi Eun back. We don’t know what the Federation is going to do if they get their hands on Yi Eun.”

Andy spoke next, “YI EUN! IT’S ANDY! PLEASE COME OUT! WE WON’T HARM YOU!”

Andy sighed and grumbled when all of a sudden they heard someone say, “Shhh.”

Everyone looked around trying to figure out who it was that shushed Andy.

Eric said, “Whoever is there, come out. Yi Eun is that you?”

Again, someone said, “Shhh.”

Yoongi walked over and said, “I HATE BEING SHUSHED! WHO THE HELL ARE YOU?!

There was silence, but there it was a long drawn out, “Shhhhhh.”

Yoongi growled and said, “That’s it. I’m going after whoever is doing that.”

Yoongi was ready to go after whoever it was, but they don’t even know who or what it is. It could end up killing them, or harming them.

Suddenly, they looked down the path and they see a figure walking towards them. It was hard to see who it was. The figured walked towards them but stopped.

Dongwan said, “Who are you? What do you want?”

The figure stood there and then they heard, “Shhh” coming from the figure.

Yoongi growled and said, “Come closer, so that I can shush you once and for all.”

Seokjin, and Hoseok was trying to keep Yoongi from going anywhere. They looked over and saw the figure walking towards them. When the figure was close enough, they noticed it was a young girl. She had a pale complexion, dark black hair, and blood red lips. Her clothes were a tan color. Her top and pants were torn and looked like it had blood on it.

The young girl says, “You should know that it’s trespassing when you walk into another’s territory.”

Eric looked around and then at the girl and said, “Who’s territory?”

The girl looked at Eric and walked over to stand in front of him and put her forefinger in front of her lips and said, “It’s a secret.”

Andy looked at the girl and said, “A secret? Then how are we to know whose territory it is?”

The girl smiled and said, “Well, if I told you the secret, it wouldn’t be a secret anymore...wouldn’t it?”

The group looked at the girl and then she started to walk backwards and motioned with her finger to come with her and said, “Walk with me and we’ll find what you’re looking for.”

Seokjin said, “Is Yi Eun in here?”

The girl shrugged and said, “He could be here.  Or...he might not be here. You’ll have to find out.”

The girl led them on the path through the forest. They were looking around as their eyes were playing tricks on them. They could’ve sworn they saw yellow eyes watching them. Just then, the silence was cut by the girl humming.

The group continued on, as they listened to her humming a song that they’ve never heard before. They noticed a tunnel of trees was standing before them. They all stopped, but the girl continued on. She stopped just inside the tunnel and turned to see they stopped.

The girl said, “Are you afraid? Your friend could be right through here.”

They looked at each other and then Eric said, “How can we be sure that Yi Eun is even in here?”

The girl shrugged again and said, “How can you be sure that he’s not in here?”

The girl turned and continued through the tunnel. The group sighed and moved forward. The forest tunnel was long. As they were walking through, the girl started to sing.

“Got a secret, can you keep it?
Swear this one you’ll save.”

Just then a cold breeze blew through the tunnel cause the group to shiver.

“Better lock it, in your pocket.
Taking this one to the grave.”

Again another cold breeze blew through the tunnel, and they watched as the girl twirled around as she sang. They looked at each other, getting a bad vibe from her.

“If I show you, then I know you
Won’t tell what I said.”

Just then the group jumped when they heard whispering going around them. They looked around and saw yellow eyes and whispering. They couldn’t make out what they were whispering though.

The group noticed they were almost out of the tunnel as the girl hummed and sang. They continued having doubts about coming with the girl, but they wanted to know if Yi Eun was in the forest.

As they stepped out from the tunnel, they looked back and gasped. There stood a figure on the other side of the tunnel. Andy called out, “YI EUN! IS THAT YOU?! YI EUN!”

They heard the girl behind them say,

“Cause two can keep a secret
If one of them is dead...”

They turned around and their face paled as they saw a pack of wolves sitting and standing in front of them. They looked behind them, but the figure disappeared. They looked back at the girl and Eric spoke.

“Okay, who are you? And why did you bring us here?”

The girl laughed and said, “Oh please. You have Prince Wang, which we’ve been wanting for many years. You were stupid but correct in coming. We have Yi Eun as well. He’s somewhere in the forest, but since you’ve got Prince Wang. We could use him to lure Yi Eun out.”

Minwoo said, “You’re from the Federation, aren’t you?”

The girl smiled and said, “Wow, not only are you handsome, but VERY smart. But, alas, you won’t live long. Now, give me Prince Wang, and we’ll take care of the rest.”

Eric looked at Jaebum who is pretending to be Prince Wang. He sighed and took Jaebum’s arm and led him in front of them. Eric said, “This is Prince Wang. Give us Yi Eun.”

The girl laughed and said, “You’re an idiot, for giving us the Prince.”

She walked toward Jaebum and took off the hood and cap and lifted his face when she paled and gasped saying, “YOU! You’re not Prince Wang!”

The girl looked at Eric and said, “What is this? You said you have Prince Wang. This is NOT Prince Wang! Where is he?”

Eric smirked and said, “If I knew that, I still wouldn’t tell you. We used our friend here to lure Yi Eun out too. But, you just blew his cover.”

The girl growled and she moved backwards and raised her right hand. The wolves stood up and took their stances ready to pounce on the group. They growled and waited for her signal.

The girl said, “You are stupid. You should’ve just given us Prince Wang, then you could’ve continued living.”

Dongwan laughed and said, “And let you capture Prince Wang AND Yi Eun. Not on your life.”

The girl shook her head and said, “Pity that you have to take this secret to the grave.”

The girl lowered her hand and the wolves charged at the group. The group fought the wolves with whatever means they have. They have guns and tried to shoot the wolves, but they maneuvered quickly so they didn’t get shot. A few of the wolves charged and pounced on the group, only to get punched in the head by them and falling away from them. The wolves didn’t realize how strong Shinhwa, and BTS were.

Just then, one of the wolves had a clear shot at Jaebum, as he went into the middle to keep himself from being attacked. The wolf charged and grabbed Jaebum by the arm and pulled him out of the circle. Jaebum cried out in pain and laid there as he looked at the sharp canines from the wolf. He could smell the decay on the wolf’s breath, which signaled that it must’ve eaten something earlier. Jaebum was afraid that he is going to be the wolf’s next meal.

The wolf lowered its head ready to bite Jaebum’s head, but Jaebum pulled his arm up and stuck it in the wolf’s mouth, stopping it. The wolf was closing its mouth, ready to break Jaebum’s arm. Jaebum cried out as he watched the wolf’s jaws clamp harder and he saw blood running down his arm from the wound the wolf had inflicted.

Jaebum closed his eyes and cried out and just before his arm could snap from the wolf, his arm was jostled out of the wolf’s mouth. He opened his eyes and heard a growl, and then a roar. Everyone stopped what they were doing to look. The group gasped, Jaebum stayed on the ground and looked over to see a huge cat fending off the wolves. The wolf that was biting Jaebum was laying by a tree, from the force the huge cat used to fight the wolf. Apparently, it threw the wolf against the tree and killing it.  

Another roar from the huge cat and the wolves along with the girl ran away. The group stood there and watching, as the huge cat turned around. They gasped when they saw it was a tiger. The tiger walked towards the group, but stopped by Jaebum. It lowered its head and sniffed Jaebum. It growled at Jaebum, which caused him to whimper. The tiger glared at Jaebum and then looked at the group. It walked closer to the group, which caused them to move backwards. The tiger walked over to Andy and looked at him.

Andy was shaking from fear as he looked at the tiger and then looked away. The tiger continued looking at Andy, Andy tried not looking at the tiger, but finally curiosity got the better of him and he looked at the tiger and spoke.

“Yi...Yi Eun?”

The tiger sat down and looked at Andy.

Andy looked at the others and then at the tiger and said, “Yi Eun, you’re a tiger? But, they said you were a cheetah.”

The tiger huffed and Eric spoke, “If you’re Yi Eun, change back to your human form.”

Suddenly, the tiger started to slowly change and the human body of Yi Eun was exposed. Yi Eun fell to the ground . There were gasps and they ran over to Yi Eun.

Yi Eun looked up at Andy and said, “Ka Yee.”

Andy said, “I’m sorry. We don’t know where he is.”

Tears filled Yi Eun’s eyes as she said, “Ka Yee.”

Andy pulled Yi Eun to him as he wrapped his arms around the young man. He held his own emotions in check while he felt Yi Eun sobbing on his shoulder. After about 45 minutes of letting Yi Eun sob, the group helped Yi Eun up. Andy was on one side, and Minwoo was on the other. Eric had worn a long jacket with him because of the weather and he had Yi Eun put it on. He stood in front and buttoned up the jacket so that Yi Eun wouldn’t be cold.

They walked through the forest but they noticed that Yi Eun was getting tired. Finally, Eric moved in front of Yi Eun and knelt down saying, “Get on.”

Yi Eun looked at Andy and he nodded. Yi Eun got on Eric’s back and wrapped his arms around Eric’s neck. And he laid his head next to Eric’s head and closed his eyes. Eric walked cautiously through the forest and through the tunnel. They finally got outside and Eric put Yi Eun in the back seat with Andy and Minwoo. Yi Eun laid his head on Andy’s shoulder as they drove back home. Eric looked in the rearview mirror at a sleeping Yi Eun and sighed.

When they got back to the house, they all rushed inside, as Eric walked into the house piggybacking Yi Eun. He was about to go upstairs, when a maid walked over.

“Sir, there is a gentleman in the den. He says that it’s important to speak to you.”

Eric said, “Let him wait. I need to get Yi Eun comfortable.”

The maid said, “It’s about Yi Eun.”

Eric looked at the maid and then at the group. They all walked over to the den, and Andy opened the door. There standing by the fireplace was a blonde headed young man. He looked over and smiled, until he saw Yi Eun on Eric’s back and then his eyes got wide.

“What happened to Yi Eun?”

Eric stood there as the others took their spots in front of Eric as they looked at the young man.

The man was about to say something when they heard Yi Eun speak. There was sadness in his voice, but he was on the verge of tears.

“Ka...Yee.”

 

To be continued...

 

Author’s Note:

What did you think of this chapter? Yi Eun can apparently change different cat shapes. He was a cheetah in the last chapter, and now a tiger.

If you’re confused with the wolves, they were people who shapeshifted into wolves. She was a part of the Federation, and she used the wolves to get Yi Eun and Prince Wang. The girl is also a shapeshifter.

Andy takes on the job of taking care of Yi Eun, until they can find Prince Wang.

Prince Wang shows up at the Shinhwa home.

The song the girl was singing is actually from a group called The Pierces. The song is called Secrets. It’s funny, because I was looking for a song around Halloween and I ended up finding this song. I REALLY like the song. This is the YouTube video of it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzNFwxsSPwU.

 

If you liked this chapter please...

                                            SUBSCRIBE...COMMENT...UPVOTE!!!