Chapter 19

To Protect...or Die to Protect

Sorry, this is a little longer than before, but I'm just wrapping everything up as seeing Chapter 20 is the end of the story.

 

For the next few weeks, everything has gotten better than before. Mark and Jackson have been closer now and everyone is happy to see them smiling. Even Jin, who loves to try and dress Mark up in girl clothes, runs after Mark and tries to catch him. There was a knock at the door.

The butler walks over and opens in. In walks, a man in expensive clothes and he bows as he says, “Is this the Shinhwa residence?”

Eric walks over and stands in front of the other people and says, “Yes, it is. Can I ask who you are?”

Before the man could speak they heard Jackson say, “Chunnie?”

The man turns to look and his face lights up and says, “Ka Yee? Is that you?”

Jackson smiles and runs up to the man and gives him a big hug. Jackson said, “I missed you so much.”

The man smiles and then he looks at the others and slightly pulls away from Jackson as he went back to his stoic face and clears his throat. He bows again to Eric and says, “My name is Park Yoo Chun. I am Ka Yee’s cousin.”

Eric nodded and bowed saying, “Welcome to the Shinhwa mansion. We always welcome friends and family of Ka Yee and Yi Eun.”

Yoochun’s eyes went wide and he said, “Yi Eun?” He looks at Jackson and said, “What does he mean?”

Jackson walked over to Yoochun and pointed to the man standing behind Andy and peering over him and said, “That’s Yi Eun.”

Yoochun didn’t look away. He said, “Yi Eun. Come out so that I can see you better.”

Andy chuckled with how much Mark was holding onto him. He walked in the middle of the room and struggled to get Mark off him. He stepped to the side so Yoochun could see Mark.

Yoochun’s eyes watered and he said, “Oh my God. I thought you had died. Yi Eun…”

Yoochun walked closer toward Mark when he suddenly stopped as he saw Mark run over to Jin and hide behind the BTS members.

Yoochun looked at Jackson and said, “What’s going on?”

Jackson sighed and said, “When father and mother died, we were split up. Yi Eun was sold and became a slave and an experiment. He doesn’t know anyone from our family.”

Yoochun said, “But, he seems to be coping with the others.”

Jackson nodded and said, “Yeah. But, it took a while. It’s going to take a while with the rest of the family. So, anyway, why did you come?”

Yoochun smiled and said, “Oh, yes. That’s right. How stupid of me.” He walks over to the door and waves his hands. He walks back into the house and says, “You are going to be so overjoyed when you see who I brought.”

Jackson watched as he saw some other men walk through the doorway. Jackson’s face lit up and he ran over and hugged each one of the men that walked through. They hugged him back and everyone laughed at Jackson because he looked like a kid.

Jackson turned to Shinhwa and the others and said, “Guys, I want you to meet my other cousins, Kim Junsu, Shim Changmin and my older cousin, Kim Jaejoong.”

Everyone bowed to them as Jackson looked at Jaejoong and said, “But, where is Yunho?”

“Did I hear my name?”

Jackson looked over and saw Yunho. His eyes lit up again and he ran over to give Yunho a huge hug. Yunho walked in and everyone could see that he must be someone of a high standard. He was wearing a military uniform.

Jackson walked over and said, “My eldest cousin, Jung Yunho.”

Everyone bowed and Yunho said, “Well, actually, Ka Yee is not saying it right. We are not just cousins. I’m now the Emperor of China.”

Everyone bowed their heads in respect and Jackson’s eyes went wide as he bowed and then said, “Emperor of China? Really? That is awesome.”

Yunho nodded and ruffled Jackson’s hair. Jackson took Yunho’s hand and led him over to the couch. The other cousins, Shinhwa and BTS all sat down and listened to Yunho and the other cousins talk. They found out that Jackson’s cousins are half Korean and half Chinese. Yunho is the only one that lives in China.

Yoochun said, “So, your name is Jackson now? Why?”

Jackson shrugged and said, “Well, because we were on the run, I had to give myself a different identity. So, I called myself Jackson Wang, and Yi Eun is Mark Tuan Wang.”

Jaejoong perked up and said, “Yi Eun? Oh my, I didn’t see him here. Where is he?”

Andy looked around and noticed that Mark had disappeared when the others came in. Andy went looking for Mark. He eventually found him outside in the backyard. Andy sighed as he looked over to see Jia standing there.

Jia said, “I feel sad for Master Mark.”

Andy said, “Why?”

Jia said, “Because, he now had a family that he’s never known. He’s scared and is going to distance himself." Jia looks at Andy and says, “Be careful with him. He’s very vulnerable right now.”

Andy nodded as he watched Jia walk over and get some drinks together. Andy walked out and saw Mark sitting on the grass with his back to the door. He walks over and sits down next to him. For a few minutes, neither of them says a word.

Andy says, “They seem nice.”

Mark doesn’t say anything. Just pulls up another blade of grass and throws it in the air.

Andy says, “You know you can’t run away from them forever…they are your family.”

Mark doesn’t say look at Andy and says, “No. They are Jackson’s family.”

Andy sighs as he says, “Mark. You have to face them. Whether or not you want to believe it, they ARE your family. You will need to see them.”

Mark sighed and said, “They never looked for me. I was told that all my family members aside from Jackson were dead. Now, all of a sudden, they appear.”

Andy said, “I know. They must have a reason why it took them so long. Why don’t we go in and you can see them? I won’t be too far from you.”

Mark looked at Andy and said, “You’ll stay with me?”

Andy nodded and said, “Of course. I never once strayed away from your side. I’ll be there for you.”

Mark sighed and looked at the grass and said, “I’m scared.”

Andy stood up and put his hand on Mark’s neck and said, “I know you are. But, the sooner you get this done, the better you’ll feel. Come on.”

Andy held out a hand and Mark took it as he stood up. Mark breathed in and out deeply as they walked back into the house. They started to make their way toward the living room when Mark stopped.

Mark said, “What if they don’t like me? What if they only want Jackson? I can’t be separated from him.”

Andy shook his head and said, “You’re not going too. Trust me.”

Mark sighed as they walked into the living room. Mark whimpered when he heard Jin shout, “There you are!”

Mark hid behind Andy as he walked in slowly. He stopped a few feet away to let Mark know that Andy wasn’t going to throw him to the wolves. They saw the cousins stand up. Jaejoong started to move towards them when Andy held up a hand.

“Please. He’s scared right now. He never knew that he had a family. He’s been living as a slave pretty much his whole life. The only person he was close to is Jackson. And now us.”

Jaejoong’s eyes watered and said, “Can, can I see him?”

Andy turned around and said something to Mark as he wiped some tears from Mark’s cheek. He held onto Mark’s hand as Mark looked at the floor. Jaejoong couldn’t believe what he was looking at. Yi Eun…alive.

Jaejoong said, “Yi Eun? Can you look at me?”

Mark didn’t move until Andy spoke in his ear. Mark slowly looked up and Jaejoong gasped. He said, “Oh my. You look so handsome. You have your mother’s face.”

Mark’s eyes watered even more and he let out a sob.

Jaejoong started to walk closer but stopped when Mark suddenly cried out and ran into Andy’s arms. Andy sighed and shook his head as he said, “Sorry.”

Jaejoong walked closer and put his hand on Mark’s back and he felt the tension and said, “I didn’t realize how lonely he must’ve been. He really is afraid of me.”

Andy said, “Don’t worry, he’ll start warming up to you.”

Andy said something and they started to walk past Jaejoong and he turned Mark around, but he held Mark’s shoulders as he lifted Mark’s face so that the other cousins could see him.

Yunho spoke, “Yi Eun. I can’t believe you’re alive. We were told that Ka Yee was the only one from the family that survived. I’m so happy to see that you survived as well.”

Yunho started to walk closer but stopped when he saw Mark cry out and started to struggle with Andy. Suddenly, Jaejoong gasped. Andy looked and saw it. He looked at the cousins and he became, even more, protective of Mark.

Jaejoong said, “He’s a hybrid.”

Jackson stood up and walked over to Mark. He wrapped his arms around him and looked at Jaejoong as he said, “Yes he is. They made him that way.”

Jaejoong sighed and shook his head as he said, “No. They didn’t.”

Jackson said, “What do you mean?”

Jaejoong moved his hair around and out popped a pair of tan cat ears. Jaejoong said, “I was born a hybrid but was able to conceal it. It looks like Yi Eun never was able too.”

Jackson shook his head and said, “No. Whenever something bothers him, they come out.”

Jaejoong looks at Mark and says, “Yi Eun, we are your family. We want to protect you from things that will hurt you.”

Mark looked at Jaejoong and grabbed Jackson’s arm and said, “Don’t take him away from me.”

Jaejoong looked at Yunho and then at Mark as he said, “Sweetie, we weren’t going to take Ka Yee...I mean Jackson away from you. You both need to stay together.”

Mark bit his bottom lip but didn’t lessen his hold on Jackson as he said, “Then why are you here? After all this time, why did you decide to show up?”

Jackson looked at Mark and said, “Mark, don’t start.”

Mark looks at Jackson and says, “Why not? Why are you happy they are here? Do you know why they are here? Why didn’t they come around when we needed them...when I needed them?”

Jackson sighed and said, “Mark, just settle down...”

Mark pulled away from Jackson and said, “Why are you like this? You’re happy to see them. You wanted them to come.” This wasn’t a question but Mark was becoming angry at Jackson.

Jackson said, “Mark, not right now. Show some respect to our cousins.”

Mark finally had enough. He shouted, “THEY ARE YOUR COUSINS! NOT MINE!” Mark turned and ran past them and up the stairs. They heard a door slam shut.

Jackson looks at them and says, “I’m sorry. I don’t know what got into him.”

Jaejoong said, “Maybe I should talk to him.”

Jin stood up and Andy walked toward him as Andy said, “To tell you the truth, and not to sound like an , but I would love to know the reason you guys are here too. Mark, right now is very fragile and can crack on a dime. With you guys coming suddenly, unannounced, it’s confusing him. Hell, it confuses us.”

Andy looks at Jackson and said, “Talk to them. Find out what they want. We’re going to try and calm down Mark.”

They walked up the stairs as Jackson walked toward his cousins and said, “I’m sorry. It wasn’t supposed to be like this. I was hoping that Mark would warm up to you.”

Junsu said, “Well, I think I would feel the same as Mark. He hasn’t known another family member since he was a kid. It seems he was told that all his family members were dead, except for Jackson.”

Jackson sighed and said, “Well, actually, I wasn’t even aware that Mark was at the facility. I happened to see him one day getting a beating by one of the workers. I felt sorry for him and decided to save him. That’s when I found out that we are brothers.”

Jackson sighed and said, “Also, I’m a hybrid. But, I was blessed with being able to control it. Mark, he’s always high strung, so he wouldn’t be able to control it.”

Then Jackson said, “By the way. I am curious. What’s the reason you guys came here?”

Jaejoong looked at Yunho and then back at Jackson and said, “We wanted to bring you both back home with us.”

Meanwhile...

Jin and Andy had walked into the Wang’s bedroom and got a scare of their life. Mark wasn’t in the room. They noticed the window was open. They ran downstairs shouting. Everyone stood up as Jin and Andy came downstairs.

Eric said, “What with all the noise?”

Andy said, “It’s Mark. He ran away.”

Jaejoong looks at Jackson and says, “This happens often?”

Jackson shakes his head and says, “No. This is the first.”

Junjin walks over to a door and opens it. He says, “B.A.P do you want a job?”

Suddenly, six men run up the stairs and stand in front of Junjin. Yongguk says, “What’s up?”

Junjin said, “Mark just ran away. Can you find him?”

Yongguk looks at Zelo and then back at Junjin as he says, “We should be able to follow him. Is he in human form or animal form?”

Andy says, “He went upstairs as a human. But, from the second story, I’d have to say he changed into animal form.”

Yongguk says, “You have clothes that we can give him once we find him?”

Andy hands him some clothes and says, “I found these lying on the floor.”

Yongguk nods and says, “Don’t worry, we’ll get him back.”

B.A.P walks out of the house as the other people sit back down.

Jaejoong sighs and says, “I can’t believe Mark would do this.”

Andy looks out the window and turns to look at him and says, “I don’t blame him.” Andy walks over to them and says, “So, what’s with coming here all of a sudden?”

Eric says, “Andy.”

Andy sighed as he walked back to the window.

Jaejoong stood up and walked over to Andy and said, “We want to bring them back with us. They’ve been away from the family for too long.”

Andy looks at Jaejoong and said, “But, why did it take you so long to come for them? They’ve been living without a family for so long, especially Mark. He’s been living with Jackson and us for so long and now you jump back into their lives. How did you expect Mark was going to react when he saw you?”

Meanwhile...

B.A.P were on the prowl looking for a cat. They don’t know what kind of cat Mark was at the moment. So, they tracked down all the stray cats looking for the one they wanted. They picked up each and every stray cat and a few of them got scratched by them. Zelo shook his head at each one.

Daehyun says, “So, what are we going to do when we get him?”

Yongguk says, “I know one thing I’m going to do.”

Youngjae and Daehyun looked at each other and bit their bottom lips.

They continued searching for Mark around the city. Alleys, trees, run down houses, under cars. Anywhere that a small cat would look for a hiding place.

After, five hours of searching they came up empty. Yongguk didn’t like to tell Andy that they couldn’t find Mark. But, they weren’t going to go back home without him.

Suddenly, Zelo pointed and said, “Hyung. There.”

They looked and surprisingly there was a light tan cat walking around the city. They walked toward the cat and they stopped when the cat turned to look at them. The cat’s eyes went wide and the cat ran away from B.A.P. They knew that that cat was Mark.

They ran after the cat but the cat was faster and was agiler. They tried cornering the cat but it didn’t work. After fumbling and falling on their faces a bunch of times trying to get the cat they lost it. They stopped and sat down on the bench in the park. Yongguk looked up and noticed that the sky was starting to get dark which was signaling them of a storm coming. He could hear thunder not too far away. He sighed. He didn’t want to leave until they got Mark. Yongguk sighed and started to stand up when he started hearing a bunch of dogs barking. He looked at where the dogs were coming from and that’s when he spotted the cat.

Yongguk looked at s and said, “You guys deal with the dogs, I want to grab that cat.”

They nodded. Just as the cat got closer, Yongguk grabbed it by the scruff of the neck and the cat meowed loudly. The others tried to drive away the dogs with loud yelling and waving their hands. The dogs barked at them and then turned around and ran away.

Yongguk looked around and saw they were in the park. He didn’t want Mark to change shape in the park. He signaled to s and they walked into the forest. When they were safe in the mess of trees, Yongguk looked at the members and said, “Keep your eyes out for anyone. I don’t need them to see Mark changing.”

Yongguk looked at the cat and said, “Okay, Mark. You better change back to your human form.”

Yongguk let the cat on the ground but didn’t let go of the scruff. Sure enough, the cat started to change back into a Mark. Once Mark was human again, Yongguk handed him the clothes and turned his head to let Mark get dressed in privacy.

Yongguk grabbed Mark’s arm and smacked him on the backside causing him to yelp. Yongguk said, “You pretty much scared your family. You are in so much trouble, but I’ll let your family deal with you.”

Mark struggled and said, “They’re NOT my family!”

Yongguk grabbed Mark by his arms and said, “They are your family. You may not want to believe it, but they are. Now, you will be a good little boy and walk back with us, or I’ll sling you over my shoulder and carry you home like a sack of potatoes. It’s your call.”

Mark pouted and walked with B.A.P back to the house. Andy was the first to see them and he walked back over to the others and said, “They found him.”

They waited. They saw the door open and in walked Yongguk and he was pulling a pouty Mark along by his arm. They walked over to the couch and he stood behind Mark and said, “I think you have something to say to your cousins, don’t you, Mark?”

Mark didn’t say anything until Yongguk bent down and said something that no one else could hear. Mark whimpered and he looked at his cousins and bowed as he said, “I’m sorry for causing so much trouble.”

Yunho stood up as he walked over to Mark. He helped Mark to stand up and he lifted Mark’s face so he could get a look at him. He said, “I see that Yongguk was able to get to you and simmer you down.”

Yongguk said, “You only need to use a firm hand on the boy. He’ll listen to you.”

Yunho walked away from Mark and stood behind Jackson. He said, “Jaejoong, you can go over to him.”

Jaejoong walked over to Mark and pinched his ear which caused Mark to cry out in pain. Jaejoong looked at Mark and said, “Make that known to you that you do not run away, understood?”

Mark didn’t say anything and Yunho said, “Yi Eun, answer Jaejoong.”

Mark sighed and nodded as he said, “Yes, Jaejoong hyung.”

Jaejoong pulled Mark over to the couch and sat down. He had Mark sit on his lap as he wrapped his arms around Mark’s waist.

Yunho said, “Okay, the reason why we are here, Yi Eun, is because it’s time for you and Ka Yee to come home.”

Jackson smiled and jumped up as he grabbed Yunho’s arm and said to Mark, “Isn’t that great? We can finally be a family again.”

Jackson’s smile faded when he saw Mark look at the floor. Jaejoong said, “Honey, what’s wrong? Aren’t you happy?”

Mark sighed and said, “I’ll leave my friends. Shinhwa hyungs and BTS hyungs were my family. Now, I’ll be leaving to be with people I don’t even know.”

Jin stood up and walked over to Mark and knelt in front of him, “Mark, don’t think of this as a goodbye. Think of it as a new start. You’re finally going to have a family and be happy. We are happy that you finally can go home.”

Andy nods and says, “Besides, you’ll come back. I know you will. But, for now, you need to get adjusted to your family.”

Mark sighed and said, “I guess. I’m going to miss everyone. You’ve been so kind to me.”

Jaejoong wiped a few tears from Mark’s cheeks and said, “Of course. You’ll see your friends soon. Since Yunho hyung became Emperor, he has freed all of the hybrids in the world. And, he even said that he wasn’t planning on keeping his young cousins cooped up in the palace. So, eventually, you’ll be able to leave and enjoy life again.”

Mark said, “When are we leaving?”

Yunho said, “Tonight. Ka Yee and Yi Eun, get your things together and say your goodbyes.”

Jackson and Mark went upstairs to their room and collected their clothes and other things. They walked back downstairs and said their goodbyes. The cousins walked outside and watched as Jackson said his goodbyes and joined them. They turned to look at Mark. He gave hugs to everyone, making sure Jin and Andy had the longest hug.

Jin said, “Make sure you listen to your hyungs and be good, or you’ll be in trouble if we find out.”

Mark gave him a smile and waved at them. They watched as they walked to the waiting cars and they all got in. And that was the last that Shinhwa, B.A.P, BTS and the others saw of the 2 young princes that made their lives so joyful.

 

The End?

 

Nope...to be continued...

 

There is an epilogue. YAY!

 

We’ll see what has happened with the 2 young princes and what has happened with Shinhwa, BTS, B.A.P, and the others.

 

I want to say thank you to everyone who has stuck around and waited for the chapters to be written. You were very patient and stayed with me.

 

If you enjoyed the story, please....

 

                                                   SUBSCRIBE...COMMENT...UPVOTE!!!