Chapter 12

To Protect...or Die to Protect

Eric looked at Jackson and said, “Jackson, Mark is gone.”

There was silence in the room. Shinhwa and BTS were quiet and watching Jackson’s reaction to the news. B.A.P sat there and was watching Shinhwa and BTS, but also looking at Jackson as well. They didn’t know Jackson, so they don’t know why Shinhwa and BTS look so nervous when they gave Jackson the news about his brother.

Jackson had no emotion. He just stood there looking at Eric. No eye twitch, no smile, no grimace, nothing. He just had wide eyes and looking at Eric. Eric felt like Jackson was staring into his soul with the way that he wasn’t looking away. Eric was feeling more and more nervous with Jackson.

Finally, after a few minutes, but it felt like hours, Jackson spoke. It was low and dangerous. Jackson said, “You….lost my brother.”

It was not a question but a statement.

Eric sighed and said, “Now, Jackson. We didn’t lose your brother. He was kidnapped.”

Jackson said, “He was kidnapped. How could he be kidnapped when he was in YOUR sight?”

Eric opened his mouth when another voice spoke. Jackson turned around and saw Jea walk in. She walked over to Jackson and bowed saying, “My apologies, Master Jackson. I was the one that Master Mark was with. He was by my side when this happened. If anyone needs to be punished, I should be the one.”

Suddenly, Jea bent down and groaned as she knelt on the floor and then placed her forehead on the floor. Jea was old and being on the floor was hard on her back and her knees. Shinhwa was shocked that Jea was doing this display.

Jackson looked at the kneeling Jea and then at Shinhwa. Jackson clenched and unclenched his fists and then he knelt down next to Jea and touched her back as he said, “Ma’am, what is your name?”

Jea looked up at him and he could see tears in her eyes and tears running down her cheeks. She said, “My name is Jea. I am Master Shinhwa’s lead maid. I was the one that was looking after Master Mark when he was kidnapped. Please don’t be hard on them. I should’ve been watching Master Mark better.”

Jackson sighed and he started to stand up, but not before taking Jea’s arm and helping her stand up. Jackson said, “I am angry. But, not at you Jea.”

Jea’s eyes went wide and she wiped her eyes with her hands and said, “Why not? I was the one that lost Master Mark.”

Jackson said, “You weren’t the one that promised me nothing would happen to Mark. It makes my heart happy to hear you call him Master Mark. He has spent so long as a slave and no one treating him like a person or give him a title. I bet it took him a while to get accustomed to it.”

Jea smiled and nodded saying, “Yes. He wasn’t used to being called Master, or being waited on. A few times he was going to make food, and I chased him out of the kitchen, because he doesn’t belong in there cooking. A few times I’ve used my wooden spoon on his hand or backside, just so he would move.”

Jackson chuckled which caused Shinhwa and BTS to relax but no much. Jackson said, “I’ve been wanting to do that to Mark ever since I got him out of the Federation’s facility. There were times he wasn’t listening to me and I was afraid to hit him out of fear I would either make him mad at me, or afraid of me.”

Jea shook her head and said, “No. Master Mark doesn’t think that. He thinks very highly of you. He would constantly talk about you, and I started to feel like I’ve known you. I have wanted to meet you when the time was right.”

Jackson nodded and said, “Well, here I am. And I’m NOT leaving until I get my brother back.”

Jea smiled and said, “Well, do you want me to fix you anything? I can make some tea or something to eat.”

Jackson shook his head and said, “Not at the moment. You can go back into the kitchen. I need to talk to Shinhwa and BTS.”

Jea bowed and said, “I understand. Oh, I just wanted to say, Master Mark is a very handsome and sweet young man. I can’t see how someone like his personality could ever be in that facility.”

Jea left the living room and Jackson watched her leave. He turned around and looked at Eric. He said, “So, what has been done in looking for Mark since his disappearance?”

Eric said, “We found out that the people who took your brother is a gang called Block B. They are ruthless thugs and will kill just for the sport.”

Jackson sighed and said, “So, if you know who it is, then why didn’t you save Mark from them?”

Andy spoke, “We know where they are, but we don’t know if they are still there, or who hired them to kidnap Mark.”

Jackson looked at Andy and said, “You and Mark were very close. I bet your devastated.”

Andy nodded and said, “I am. Me and Minwoo hyung are sad that Mark was taken. Even Jin is sad. Remember how much Jin enjoyed having your brother sit on his lap and wouldn’t let him go?”

Jackson sighed and chuckled as he said, “Yeah. Mark hated that. He doesn’t like being treated like a kid, though he is.”

Then Jackson looked over and said, “Who is that?”

Eric turned and saw Yongguk and Himchan sitting on the couch. Eric looked at Jackson and said, “Jackson this is a gang that has been helping us keep the city safe. They are called B.A.P. This is Yongguk, the leader.”

Yongguk stood up and bowed to Jackson.

Eric said, “This is Himchan. The umma of the group, but also a great marksman.”

Himchan stood up and bowed to Jackson.

Eric looked off to the side and said, “That is Daehyun. Yongguk’s right hand man.”

Jackson looked to the right and saw Daehyun bow to Jackson.

Eric said, “Right next to him is Youngjae. He is a machinist just like Yongguk.”

Youngjae bowed to Jackson.

Eric looked behind him and saw two other men standing with their backs to the wall. He said, “Those two over there are the maknaes of B.A.P. Jongup and Joonhong.”

Jackson looked at them as Jongup bowed to Jackson. Joonhong just stood there until Jongup made him bend over and bow.

Jackson looked at Eric and said, “They are here to help?”

Yongguk walked over and said, “Prince Jackson, we were asked to help from Eric hyung after Mark was taken. We will do everything possible to get him back.”

Jackson cleared his throat and said, “Good. I don’t like Mark being out by himself. And you can leave out the Prince part.”

Yongguk said, “But, we must use the title that you were given.”

Jackson nodded and said, “I know. But, I don’t want anyone else to know that I’m a Prince. If you want to call me Prince, do so in the safety of the house, but outside, call me Jackson.”

Yongguk nodded and said, “I understand, Prince….I mean Jackson.”

Everyone sat back down on the sofas as Jackson became calmer. Then, Eric’s phone vibrated. Eric picked it up and saw that it said ‘unknown number’.

Eric pressed the button and said, “Yoboseyo.”

Eric pressed the speaker and set the phone on the table for everyone to hear.

A woman spoke on the other end, “Sir. Block B is laying low in an abandoned house in Busan.”

Eric said, “Busan? So, they completely took him out of Seoul.”

The woman said, “Yes, sir. Block B is now being run by a man that calls himself Zico.”

Andy spoke, “Zico? Oh man, this is going to be bad.”

Jackson said, “Who is Zico and why is it bad?”

Andy said, “Zico is only one of the most skilled and dangerous men here in Korea. He has destroyed many rival gangs just for looking at them the wrong way.”

Eric said, “Did Zico explain the reason behind kidnapping Mark?”

The woman said, “Not too much. But, I did hear a little about the Federation and shape shifters.”

Eric sighed and knew this is going from bad to worst.

Eric said, “Zico isn’t handing Mark over to the Federation, is he?”

The woman sighed and said, “Yes, he is. The Federation is going to pay 100 billion won ($83,000,000 USD) for the boy.”

Eric’s eyes went wide and he said, “The Federation? Why am I not surprised?”

The woman said, “Sir. Is the boy a shifter?”

There was silence, and then Eric said, “Yes. He is. He is a special one though, that is why I’m asking you to watch Zico’s every move. We need to get Mark away from Block B.”

The woman said, “Well, that’s going to be very hard to do.”

Eric said, “Why?”

The woman said, “Zico hired some men to watch over the boy. Wherever the boy goes, the men go with.”

Eric said, “Do you know any of those men?”

The woman said, “Yes. They are called Big Bang. They are led by a Seunghyun Choi.”

Dongwan said, “. This keeps getting better and better.”

Eric said, “Okay. Thank you Jina. You’ve been a big help. Keep your eyes on them, and if at all possible, if Zico allows you too, take a look at Mark. See how he is, and maybe talk to him. He needs to know there are friends trying to help him.”

Jina said, “Sure thing, Eric.”

Eric and Jina hung up and Eric leaned back in his chair and said, “. This is going to be harder than I thought.”

Jackson said, “How hard is it going to get Mark back?”

JunJin said, “Jackson, Block B are dangerous. They originally were in prison for murder, kidnapping, having guns in their possession. They even stole cars and broke in houses.”

Minwoo said, “Big Bang is another ruthless gang. Their leader Seunghyun and his right hand Jiyong are two peas in a pod. They do everything together. They don’t care who they shoot and kill. They have Taeyang and Seungri that are great marksmen. That only leaves Daesung.”

Jackson said, “What does Daesung do?”

Yongguk spoke up, “Nothing. Daesung is Taeyang’s cousin. He was forced into the Big Bang life because Taeyang didn’t want his cousin to be out in the world by himself.”

Jackson said, “How come?”

Daehyun spoke, “Daesung’s parents were killed by Shinhwa.”

Jackson looked at Eric and said, “Is this true?”

Eric nodded and said, “It’s true. But, the reason for it is because Daesung’s father was an illegal arms dealer. I tried to reason with him, but he wouldn’t listen. He even put a rifle in my face and threatened to kill my family and the rest of Shinhwa if I didn’t back off. I didn’t. Which led to Daesung’s mother being killed. She was an innocent person, and she was killed because Daesung’s father put her in between me and him.”

Jackson sat there and listened.

“She wasn’t supposed to be there. But, Daesung’s father brought her just in case something happens, which it did.”

Jackson said, “What happened to the father?”

Eric said, “Daesung’s father was killed right after his mother was killed. From what I heard, Daesung took it really hard and would drink, cause fights, and even killed some innocent people just so that he can show what Shinhwa did to his family.”

Jackson said, “Is that why you were in America?”

Minwoo shook his head and said, “No. Andy came from America, so we were visiting his family and that’s when we found out about your brother being broken out. We had to look like we were from the Federation, but we saved your brother.”

Andy said, “I do want to apologize for taking your brother out of America without telling you. But, we had to protect him, and the only way would be to come to Korea, where we have many people backing us.” Andy looked down and said, “I didn’t expect Mark getting kidnapped so soon. So, I am sorry, Jackson.”

Jackson sighed and said, “It’s fine. Mark is a magnet for trouble. I would visit Mark without the Federation knowing it and he would tell me that he got in trouble for no reason just because he was there. But, he never got mad, just sad that he can’t be with me or see the sunlight.”

Jackson looked over at Eric and said, “Though, when I got here and was told that Mark was kidnapped, I wanted to punch you for breaking your promise.”

Eric swallows and says, “What’s stopping you?”

Jackson sighed and said, “I’m a shifter. I don’t want to hurt you or anyone else. Not only that I don’t want my anger to get the better of me. Plus, I wouldn’t want Jea to come into the room and see me hitting you.”

Eric smirked and said, “Mark was right.”

Jackson cocked his head to the side and said, “What?”

Eric said, “Mark told me that you don’t like to fight, if you don’t have too. You prefer to let things go, unless someone close to you is hurt, or someone hurts you.”

Jackson chuckled and said, “My Mark sure is something.”

Jackson was getting a little emotional talking about his brother. He stood up and said, “I’m going into the kitchen.”

BTS and Shinhwa watched as Jackson walked out of the room. JunJin spoke, “I know how he feels. I miss Jinyoung. He misses his brother very much.”

Eric said, “Yes he does. But, we need to work on how to get Mark away from Block B.” Eric looked over at Yongguk and said, “You had time in the Federation’s facility. What did they want you to do?”

Yongguk sighed and said, “They wanted us to come with the female assassin, and get Mark, and bring him back to the facility dead or alive. I am sorry if we were too hard on you guys.” Yongguk was looking at BTS.

Jin shook his head and said, “No problem. We didn’t know that you were spies in the facility. So, we used our fighting abilities to defend ourselves. It wasn’t until the Shinhwa hyungs told us about B.A.P being spies and they had to make it look realistic, did we realize that you were on our side.”

In the Kitchen…

Jackson was sitting at the kitchen table and looking out into the backyard. He was thinking of Mark and how much he had to do to get Mark out of the facility, only for him to get kidnapped and maybe sent back to the facility. Jackson was blaming himself for Mark’s kidnapping. He should’ve stayed with Mark instead of pushing him onto other people. Tears formed in his eyes as he thinks of all the torture that Mark is probably enduring while being at the hands of Block B.

His thoughts were interrupted when he heard a voice behind him say, “Don’t blame yourself. It’s not your fault.”

Jackson turned around to see Jea. Jackson was surprised and said, “Huh?”

Jea walked over with clothes in a basket and set it on the table. She looked at him and said, “I think I’ve seen my share of looks like what you have. Master Mark had many of those.”

Jackson said, “Mark did? Why?”

Jea sat down next to Jackson and said, “Many times he felt like it was his fault that you had to go away and help him. He even said once that he wished that you didn’t save him from the facility. Well, I can tell you that Master Mark apologized to me right after he felt the spoon against his backside. That boy needs to learn that people help others, whether it’s family or not, out of the kindness of their hearts. You did it because he’s your brother, and you feel responsible for him, right?”

Jackson nodded and said, “Yeah. I feel responsible since our parents were killed and Mark was taken away from me. None of this had anything to do with Mark. I wish he would stop thinking that people should quit worrying about him.”

Jea chuckled and said, “Master Mark is very innocent and naïve. He let’s anything get to him. I may not be related to him, but while he was here, it felt like I was a mother again. All my kids are grown, married, and moved on. Some of them went to join the Federation. I felt very protective of Master Mark, especially when his cute cat ears and tail came out.”

Jackson’s eyes went wide and said, “They came out?”

Jea nodded and said, “Yes. He was very embarrassed and the staff didn’t help when the girls screamed when they saw him in that state. I gave them a few headaches on their head for doing that. I went over and gave him a hug, which he needed.”

Jackson sighed and said, “Jea, you’re a really great help. You are like how our mom was. She may have been the Queen, but she had a pure soul and loved everyone and everything. She would always wrap her arms around me if I feel sad or hurt. I wish she was there for Mark, so he could see what a mother is supposed to be like.” Jackson stopped and then said, “But, I think Mark knows what a mother’s love feels like.”

Jea blushed and said, “Master Jackson, you don’t need to compliment me. I’ve done that with Master Shinhwa. They are just happy to have someone who cares for them, like I do.”

Jackson smiled and looked back out the window, when Jea spoke, “Don’t worry too much. Master Mark is still alive. We haven’t gotten any ransom yet from Block B. But, I know Master Shinhwa, and Master BTS will find a way to get Master Mark out.”

Jackson looked at her and smiled again saying, “Thank you Jea.”

Jea shook her head and said, “No problem. But, I think I know what you need.”

Jackson watched her as Jea walked over to the counter and took out a glass. She poured some milk in the glass, and then took a plate of cookies from the counter. She walked over and set it in front of Jackson.

Jackson said, “What’s this?”

Jea said, “It’s comfort food. When you feel down, just nibble on some cookies.”

Jackson smirked and picked a cookie and started to eat it. Then he drank some of the milk. Jea smiled and said, “Just so you know, Master Mark loves these cookies too.”

Jea turned and walked out of the kitchen with the basket. He looks at the cookies in surprise when she mentioned that Mark ate these cookies. So, she used these cookies to comfort Mark too? Jea is an amazing woman.

Somewhere dark…

In a dark and dank room, chains were rattling and someone was coughing. Someone was walking toward a locked door. There was a little window at the top to look into the room. A woman walks to the door and looks through the window to see a young man chained to the wall, with a blindfold over his eyes. He was coughing from the coldness of the room. The room was basically like a dungeon. Water moisture was dripping down the walls, and little bits of cold air was coming through cracks in the walls. The woman smiled as she saw the state the young man was in. Then she turned and walked away. The sound of her high heels echoed in the rest of the dungeon.

 

To be continued…

 

Author’s Note:

What did you think of this chapter? I know many would be confused as to why B.A.P attacked Shinhwa and BTS, but then became allies with Shinhwa. They were spies in the Federation. After they attacked Shinhwa and BTS, but then ran off after Mark shifted, they got on a plane to Korea, and waited for Shinhwa. I should’ve probably mentioned it before, but I wanted you to think that B.A.P was bad, when really they were nice.

I can’t believe I’m on chapter 12 already. This is getting good. Now we know that Mark is being held in some kind of “dungeon” atmosphere. I hope that Shinhwa and BTS will be able to get to Mark before he is sent back to the Federation. I’m not sure what Jackson is going to do if that happens.

 

If you like this story, please…

 

                                                   SUBSCRIBE…COMMENT…UPVOTE!!!