Chapter 1

To Protect...or Die to Protect

It is the year 3000, Los Angeles, California. Two people are running down the road, one of them appears to be hurt, while the other is frantically pulling him along. Good reason too, there was a mob of angry people running after them 100 feet away from them. They had guns, pitchforks, knives, and anything else they could use to harm someone. The two people continued to run until the one that is hurt falls to their knees. The other one quickly helps the person up and they hang a right and run down an alley. They run past rats, homeless people, garbage, and anything else disgusting in the alley. They look back to see the mob had them blocked from the back. The two turned and continued down the alley, until they saw another mob standing in front of them. The two people had cloaks on with hoods over their faces. The mob leader walks over and takes the hood off the person standing in front and he gasps. The others take a few steps back.

The mob leader says, “Prince Ka Yee. We did not know that you were in California.”

Ka Yee glares at the man, and then he looks over at the person next to him. He sees someone walk up behind them and take the hood off the person standing next to Ka Yee. It was a young man. He had dirt on his face, clothes, and arms. Not to mention blood on many parts of his body. He had shackles on his wrists that were bleeding from the amount of abuse his wrists were getting.

The man said, “Prince Ka Yee, why are you with this filth? This thing is disgusting to look at. You should not associate yourself with him.”

Suddenly, the man pulled the young man backwards and he fell on his back. The man put his foot on the young man’s chest causing him to cry out.

The man said, “How dare you tarnish the Prince’s looks with your disgusting filth? You should be ashamed of yourself. I will be taking you back and beat the out of you until you learn your place.”

Before the man could touch the young man, the Prince spoke, “Leave him be. Do not touch him.”

The man said, “But, my Prince, look at him.”

The Prince looked down at the pitiful young man and then looked at the man standing and said, “Yes, I see him. I broke him out of his cell. He is coming with me.”

The man said, “But, my Prince, he’s a slave. He doesn’t belong out in the world.”

The Prince said, “Do you wish to cause problems?”

The man took a step back and said, “No, my Prince. Just giving you some advice on your selection. We have other young men that are more appealing, than...him.”

Prince Ka Yee’s left eye twitched and said, “I like him. And there is nothing that you can say or do to change my mind. Now, turn around and leave, all of you!”

The mob stood there and looked at the other men and at Prince Ka Yee. They knew not to cross the Prince. Especially when he has someone he cherishes. The mob turned and walked away. When the mob had walked far enough away, Prince Ka Yee bent down and helped the young man up.

“Yi Eun, are you alright? You’re not hurt anywhere are you?”

Yi Eun sighed and shook his head, though he was shaking and said, “Not really, except for my wrists. I need to take these shackles off before they break my wrists.”

Ka Yee nodded and said, “Come, let’s go. We don’t want the Federation to find us out here.”

Ka Yee gently takes Yi Eun’s elbow and they walk through the alley, until they found an abandoned house just a few blocks away. They quickly ran to the house and Ka Yee found an entrance at the back of the house and helped Yi Eun inside. They looked around and saw that it was creepy looking. No one was living there, but the furniture was still there. They walked up the old stairs to the 2nd floor. Ka Yee found a room that looks out at the road, and he had Yi Eun sit on the bed.

Ka Yee sighed and said, “Okay, you’re safe for now. I want you to stay here for a while.”

Ka Yee started to leave, when he felt a hand on his elbow. He turned around to see a frightened Yi Eun. He said, “Ka Yee, where are you going? Don’t leave me alone.”

Ka Yee tried to comfort Yi Eun and said, “Don’t worry. You’ll be fine. I need to find something to take the shackles off. Just stay in the house and keep away from the window.”

Yi Eun said, “W..What if the Federation finds me? They will kill me.”

Ka Yee touched Yi Eun’s face and said, “They won’t find you. You’re safe. Just stay here and out of sight. I’ll be back as quick as I can.”

Yi Eun watched as Ka Yee ran down the stairs and out the back of the house. He put the hood back over his head and ran down the road. Yi Eun, laid down on the bed and looked around the room. Very creepy, but also very sad. He wondered where the owners of the house had gone too. Maybe they were dead, maybe they had to leave.

Yi Eun closed his eyes and tried to get himself calm and relaxed. He slowly started to feel himself falling asleep. The sun was in the middle of the sky, which means it’s the late afternoon, and a black car pulled up to the abandoned house. Some men in suits got out and walked over to the house. They walked around back and found the opening. They walked in and looked around. The leader pointed to the upstairs. The others walked up and looked around, until they found the room that Yi Eun was in. They saw that he is sleeping. They quietly walked in and stood there. They turned to look and saw the leader. He had a mask over his face as he looked at the state Yi Eun was in. He nodded his head and the men walked over and woke Yi Eun up.

Yi Eun opened his eyes and saw the men. He opened his mouth and cried out. He started to kick, and put up a fight. Finally, one of the men, yanked the shackles hard, which caused Yi Eun to fall to his knees on the floor. Yi Eun bowed his head as he closed his eyes and waited for the beatings to start. Tears filled his eyes as he kneeled in front of the men.

But, no beatings came. Yi Eun was afraid to look up, and just kept his eyes closed tightly. The leader noticed Yi Eun was shaking. He looked around the room and then he kneeled in front of Yi Eun. He touched Yi Eun’s shoulder and felt him flinch.

The man sighed and pulled a device out of his pocket. He put it on his palm and then he ran it over Yi Eun’s head. Suddenly, out popped light colored ears. Yi Eun opened his eyes and looked up at the man. He brought his hands up and touched the ears on his head. Yi Eun was frightened that they found out what he was. He slid away from the man and huddled in the corner. He covered his head and started to beg to the man.

“Please, don’t hurt me. I didn’t do anything wrong. Please.”

The man sighed and stood up which caused Yi Eun to whimper. Yi Eun heard the man walk towards him and kept trying to force himself to move harder into the corner. The man knelt on one knee and took his mask off. He touched the back of Yi Eun’s neck gently.

“Don’t worry. We won’t hurt you.”

Yi Eun was afraid to look up, so he just kept covering his head up. He whimpered again when he felt the man gently take Yi Eun’s hands away from his head. Then he felt his head being lifted and he was looking into a human-looking face of the man. The man smiled at Yi Eun, and then raised his hand, which caused Yi Eun to cower. The man proceeded to gently run his hand over Yi Eun’s blonde hair and touch Yi Eun’s ears. The man noticed that they were cat ears.

Yes, Yi Eun is a cat. Actually, he was an experiment that the creator made so that he could have slaves do his chores. Yi Eun was used, beaten, tortured, and neglected. That’s why Yi Eun was covered in blood and bruises, which also explains the shackles.

The man said, “What is your name?”

Yi Eun didn’t say anything. He just looked back down at the floor. The man sighed and put his finger under Yi Eun’s chin and made him look at him. He said, “No one is going to harm you here.”

Yi Eun bit his bottom lip and said, “I...I was told not to talk to strangers.”

The man smiled and said, “Well, you were taught well. My name is Andy, and I’ve come to help you.”

Yi Eun looked at Andy and said, “H..Help me? What do you mean?”

Andy smiled and said, “I was told that there was a cat and dog that was still loose in the world, and we needed to find them. I’m guessing you are the cat.” He looked around and said, “But, I don’t see the dog. Where is he?”

Yi Eun shrugged and said, “I...I don’t know what you’re talking about. I’m here by myself.”

Andy touched Yi Eun’s face and said, “I know you’re scared. We can help you, but you need to let me help you.”

Yi Eun shook his head and said, “I...I can’t. I...I don’t know who you are.”

Andy stood up and said, “I’m from the Federation.”

Yi Eun’s eyes went wide and he whimpered as he curled up against the wall again. Andy rolled his eyes and sighed. This wasn’t what he wanted. He knelt down and tried to get Yi Eun from away from the wall. Suddenly, Yi Eun started to attack Andy. He pushed Andy over and ran toward the door, but didn’t get far. The blonde man next to him grabbed the shackles and forced him to his knees again. Yi Eun whimpered and tugged on the shackles.

Yi Eun looked over to see Andy stand up. He bowed his head and waited for Andy to beat him. When he didn’t feel anything, he shivered as he felt a jacket go over his shoulders. He looked over at a smiling Andy who was kneeling next to Yi Eun.

Andy said, “You can try to get away as many times as you want, but we won’t let you go. You are not safe in the world. You need medical help, some food, and a place to rest. Come, let’s go to a place where you’ll be safe.”

Yi Eun shook his head, but he couldn’t do anything. The guy pulled Yi Eun to his feet and they walked down the stairs. As they walked out of the house and towards the car, Yi Eun started to put up a fight again, until the man smacked him on the hip, causing Yi Eun to stop struggling and get into the car.

Andy looked over at the other man and said, “Yugyeom. Stay here, until the dog comes back. When he does, bring him to the safe house. Let him know the cat is being taken care of.”

Yugyeom nodded as he looked over to see Minwoo gently petting Yi Eun’s head and cat ears. Yugyeom closed the door and walked over to the house. Andy got in next to Yi Eun, and told the driver to go back home.

They drove for a few hours, but it was silent in the car. Andy looked over at Yi Eun who was staring off into space. Yi Eun hadn’t uttered one word. Andy took that time to look over Yi Eun and felt pity for the young man. Bruises, and blood littered his skin, not to mention what the skin under the shirt must look like. Andy did feel sick to his stomach when he saw the many slash marks on Yi Eun’s back made from a whip. Andy also looked and saw that Yi Eun’s wrists have started to bleed because of the shackles.

After a few hours of driving, the car stopped in front of a metal gate. He said something to the guard and the gate opened. The driver pulled the car down a long winding driveway until they came to the front of a huge mansion. The driver put the car in park and got out. He opened the door for Andy and he stepped out. He held his hand out for Yi Eun, but he didn’t move. Until he felt a hand push him from the back. He knew it was Minwoo. Yi Eun got out without the help from Andy and he looked at the mansion.

Yi Eun looked at Andy and said, “W..Where are we?”

Andy smiled and said, “We are at our house. You will be safe here.”

Yi Eun looked at Andy and said, “O..Our house?”

Andy nodded and said, “Yes. Shinhwa.”

Yi Eun’s eyes went wide and he shook his head and moved backwards and said, “Shinhwa? No, this can’t be.”

Yi Eun turned and started to run away from Andy only to be grabbed by Minwoo. Yi Eun screamed and cried for help and he struggled. Andy walked over and grabbed Yi Eun’s arm and took out a syringe. Yi Eun screamed more and tried to get away from Andy, but Andy was stronger.

Andy said, “I’m sorry, but you leave me no choice.”

Andy put some clear liquid into Yi Eun’s veins as he cried out. Within a few seconds, Yi Eun collapsed in Minwoo’s arms.

Andy said, “Come. Bring him in and we’ll settle him in a room.”

Minwoo carried Yi Eun inside the house. He was surprised at how light Yi Eun felt. No wonder, he couldn’t fight Andy. He had no strength left because he was starved.

Minwoo walked into the house, and immediately some maids were showing Minwoo to the second floor rooms. They opened the door and Minwoo walked in. He laid Yi Eun on the bed carefully and touched his head. He noticed the cat ears had retracted back into Yi Eun’s head and it made him look more human.

Minwoo looks at the maids and says, “No one bothers him. I want him to be relaxed when the master talks to him. Also, if he should wake up, let me or Andy know immediately, understand?”

The maids nodded and bowed. The maids left and Minwoo walked into the bathroom. He came out with a washrag and he started to clean the dirt and filth that was on Yi Eun’s face and arms. Once he was done, he couldn’t believe how handsome Yi Eun looked when he’s not covered in grime. He also got a clear look at the bruises and dried blood on his arms. He knows that he’ll have to help Yi Eun clean himself of the rest of the grime not to mention the blood.

Minwoo got up and walked out of the room. As he walked down the stairs, he noticed a bunch of people walked in. One of them named Jaebum spoke.

“How is he?”

Minwoo sighed and said, “He’s bruised, scared, and won’t say anything. We got him just in time.”

Jaebum nodded and said, “Yes. Anymore time left, and he would’ve been dead.”

Minwoo nodded and said, “Yeah, I know. Now we just have to wait for the dog.”

A younger man with blonde hair said, “A dog? Do you mean the one we got is the cat?”

Minwoo walked past the group and said, “Yes. We picked up the cat. The dog was nowhere to be found.”

Minwoo walked toward the offices and he knocked on the door. He heard a gruff voice behind it, and he opened the door. Andy was sitting in a chair, as there were other men in the room as well. Minwoo walked in and bowed to the man behind the desk.

“Eric, we brought the cat, but we couldn’t find the dog.”

Eric looked up from his papers and said, “Well, it won’t be long for the dog to get the scent of his precious kitty. What about the other ones?”

Andy spoke and said, “We only found the cat. I’m figuring they left them back at the facility.”

Eric nodded and said, “I see. Did either of you manage to get his name?”

Andy shook his head and said, “No. He won’t tell us, and he refuses to speak.”

Eric leaned back on his chair and said, “All the years of abuse, caused him to curl up inside himself. How was his mental state?”

Minwoo said, “The cat was scared and kept putting up a fight. But, he’s severely malnourished. Not to mention bruised, bloodied, and beaten. He’s very scared of us as well.”

Eric nodded and said, “Okay. Did you have to drug him?”

Andy nodded and said, “I didn’t want too, but he left me no choice. He was trying to flee. He’ll sleep the drug off for about an hour.”

Minwoo said, “I told the maids to let me or Andy know when the cat wakes up.”

Eric nods and says, “Okay.” He looks at Andy and said, “You let one of your men know to call in when the dog shows up?”

Andy nodded and said, “Yeah, I let Yugyeom know to let the dog know where the cat is. I also told him to call me to let me know when the dog arrives.”

Eric nods and says, “Well, I guess all we do now is wait.”

Eric looks at the other men and said, “We need to find out about the other ones.”

Eric opened a folder and said, “Choi Young, Jeon Jungkook, Kim Namjoon, and Park Jinyoung. All of these men need to be taken from that facility.”

Hyesung said, “It’s easier said than done. We’ve already tried to get inside, but it’s heavily guarded.”

Jun Jin spoke, “I’m worried about my brother, Jinyoung. He can’t stay at that facility. Jimin is beside himself. He’s been nagging me about getting Jinyoung out of there.”

For the next hour they were talking when suddenly, there was a scream. The guys got up and ran out of the office. They saw Yi Eun running down the stairs as the maid was chasing after him. Yi Eun got to the front door, opened it and was about to run out when he felt arms around his waist swinging him back into the house. He turned around to see Eric standing there and closing the door. He stood there crossing his arms over his chest. Eric noticed that Yi Eun still had the shackles on. Eric said something to Andy and he ran off. Eric walked toward Yi Eun but he turned and tried to run away from Eric, but Eric caught up to him and pulled him to the floor. Yi Eun yelped when his back connected with the floor.

Eric held Yi Eun down as he saw Andy walk over with a chain cutter. Eric was trying to keep Yi Eun down, but he kept struggling. Eric turned Yi Eun over on his stomach and held his hands over his head. Yi Eun cried out and kicked his legs. Andy walked over and snapped the chains on the shackles. He then took another cutter and started to cut the shackles off. He felt for Yi Eun as he was screaming and crying from the pain and the torture. Finally both shackles came off as Eric let Yi Eun rest on the floor. He was crying and his body was shaking. Eric pulled the back of the shirt up, and they all gasped. Yi Eun’s back was littered with nasty red lines across his back from a whip. Eric looked at Andy and Minwoo.

“I know Yugyeom isn’t here, but Dongwan, can you at least help him a little?”

Dongwan nodded and said, “Only a little. Me and Yugyeom need to be together in order to better heal someone.”

Eric nodded and said, “Noted.”

Dongwan walked over and knelt down next to Yi Eun. He put his hands on the exposed back of Yi Eun. Before he could do anything, Yi Eun started to struggle, and Eric held him down by the back of the neck. Dongwan closed his eyes and his hands started to glow white. Yi Eun screamed from the pain. He was hitting Eric’s leg and trying to get Eric off his neck. Tears were running down his face as he finally succumbed to his pain and laid there, sobbing. Andy knelt in front of Yi Eun and petted his hair, but it wasn’t calming him.

Andy looked at Dongwan and said, “I think that’s enough. He’s in pain and scared.”

Dongwan took his hands off and was helped up by Jun Jin. Eric pulled Yi Eun’s shirt down and he helped Yi Eun up.

Eric held Yi Eun at arm’s length and said, “What is your name?”

Yi Eun didn’t say anything. Eric gently yet forcibly grabbed Yi Eun’s chin and made him look at him and said, “I’m going to ask once more. What is your name?”

Yi Eun was shaking and he decided to do what Eric wanted and he bit his bottom lip and then said,

 

“Wang...Wang Yi Eun.”

 

To be continued...

 

*Author’s Note* –

What did you think of the chapter? After writing The Porcelain Rose, for some reason I just fell in love with having Shinhwa and BTS in a story again. But, I also decided to add GOT7 as well. But, I wanted this story to be a little different. Even though Yi Eun is the oldest of GOT7, I wanted him to be almost like the damsel in distress. Plus, none of the GOT7 members are a group if you’ve noticed. Shinhwa and BTS are the only group. So, GOT7 are just literally thrown around the chapter. The members don’t know anything about Ka Yee and Yi Eun.

But, I will add other groups into the story as protectors, or assassins. But, I’ve decided that I don’t want this story to run as long as my other stories have. But, I’m also going to try and make it so that the story doesn’t quickly run through one whole chapter. I do love cliffhangers, especially dramatic cliffhangers, so there might be a few of them in my story.

Anyway, if you like the story please:

 

                                    SUBSCRIBE...COMMENT...UPVOTE