008

A Wife For My Dad
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

MARK

"I never had a dad. I just have a mom and she's dead. That's all." And her tears fall down on her cheeks.

"Hey, I'm sorry." I lean my body near her and wiped out her tears. "I didn't mean to make you cry."

She smiled, "No, its fine. You will be my husband soon and I don't want to hide anything from you."

"I will wait for you to tell me all, you don't have to tell me now." I told her.

"Just take me, and marry me. My mom will agree too if she was here."

"I will." I take her hand and hold it tight within my fingers. "I love you and I know it's too fast and nonsense because I always mad at you but I promise to do well in this marriage. This going to be my second and last marriage. I don't mind if you hate me, I will make you fall for me."

"Don't make me cry!" Jiyeon hit my shoulder with her other hand.

I let out a laughter, "No, I didn't!" And I wiped her tears again.

"Daddy!!!"

-----

"Hey!" I flinched as someone hit my shoulder.

Can everyone just stop doing that already?

"Mama..." I turned around to see it was my mom. She took a seat across me, "What are you thinking about? I call you twice!" My mom frowned.

"Sorry, I'm not hear." I replied.

"Why not sleep?" My mom asked as she take a glanced over television.

"Not sleepy."

"Do you know what time now? It's 2 in the morning, Mark."

I let out a sigh, "I know," I turn a look at my mom, "Can we talk about my marriage?"

"What is it?" My mom seems interest to talk about this so, she were focusing on me.

"Jiyeon don't have any family. Can we just proceed it?"

"Don't have family? Even any relatives?"

I shrugged my shoulder, "I don't know. She didn't tell me, she just said that her mom had passed away. I don't dare to ask more if she wasn't ready."

"I don't mind about it, Mark. We need her family of because we respect them but if she said so, we can just keep going with it."

"Do you think this is the right moves?" I hesitated. I think about a lot of the effects later.

"Time to move on, Mark. Irene getting older. She need someone to take care of her, someone who can help her in everything about woman. I can help her as long as I alive but, if I dead, I don't want her to be alone."

I hissed, "Ma, don't say that. I always prays for you and papa also our family." My heart softened.

My mom just smiled, "I always proud to have you as my son."

"And I always proud to have you as my mom."

My mom wake up from her seat, "Go sleep. You should rest." She patted my shoulder.

"Yeah, I will. You sleep first." I smiled as I look at her going to upstairs.

Lily, I always love you. Remember that. I just let Jiyeon fill in half of my heart.

-----

IRENE

"Irene who is that girl?" Daehyun asked me as I took a seat in my class. Is she pointed to my mommy? Because my friends saw when mommy walked me until the main gate of my school.

"Oh, that's was my mommy." I said proudly.

"You said your mom is dead." Sofia interrupt.

"She is my 'new mommy'." I said.

"She is pretty." Daehyun replied.

"Yeah I know that. But, why Areum didn't come to school? 2 days already I didn't see her." I asked. Areum was tough, she never want to skip school unless she was sick.

"Areum changed school. You don't know?" Daehyun looked at me and I shook my head.

"No, I don't know. She didn't tell me." I feel a bit disappointed because it seems only me didn't know about it. I didn't expect she will change school.

"She said her mom need to transfer to other place so she need to follow her mom." Daehyun explained.

"No." Sofia suddenly interrupt. "She said to me that your daddy warned her to not disturb you again." Sofia pointed to me.

What?

"No! That's not my daddy." Hey girl, never talked bad things about my daddy!

"It is! She told me!" Sofia never want to lose.

"But she didn't tell me." Daehyun said looking to Sofia.

"Because you closer to Irene. She don't want you to know." Sofia said again.

"No! That's not my daddy! My daddy will not do that to her!"

"Your daddy did it! That's why your mommy leave your daddy! And now Areum leave us." Sofia fight again.

I woke up from my sit, "NO!" I shout.

Sofia woke up too and hit the table, "YES! YOUR DADDY IS BAD PERSON. AREUM TOLD ME!" Sofia shout too.

Her long hair, is really pretty, seriously...

"I say no!!!" Sorry but I really pull out her hair. We fought. I grabbed her hair while she grabbed mine. My tears began to run over my cheeks as pain take over my head. "My dad is not a bad person!!!" I screamed while pull out her hair hardly.

"Hey!" I hear teacher's voice but I don't care. Sofia need to be teach. Call me rude but I saw in dramas its fine to fought with someone who talking bad about our family.

Then I realise we both crying while the teacher stood between of us. "Let's meet your parents." He said and told us to follow him to his room. We both walked while still crying and I still glared at her. She's being my best friend but why she talked bad about my daddy. We've known each other for 7 months already.

-----

JIYEON

I rushed over the main door and stand at the doorframe while look at the main gate sliding open and saw Mark’s parked his car at the porch,

"Who's that, Jiyeon?" His mom asked as she walked to downstairs and straight to couch.

"Mark. He's back." I answered her,

"Ay, he just go to work,"

"Maybe he left something." I said as I stare over his car. I saw Irene walked out from the car while crying and see Mark's face was tensed and furious. I let her pass and get into the house, while she's still crying.

"Mark, what's wrong?" I asked as he walk pass me who still stood at the door.

"Get into my room. Now!" His voice make me flinched and his mom stood up and walk near her granddaughter, "What happen?" She come near Irene who just stand at the stairs. She wiped her granddaughter tears and Irene hugged her in return.

"Mama, no please." Mark loosened his tie.

"Why are you shouting to her?" His mom asked still hugging the little girl.

"Irene, get into my room." Mark commanded again as he ignore his mom.

"Mark..." I call him softly. Angry Mark always make me scared. I’ve seen a few time Mark being anger and was furious but this is the first time he was really in high level of anger.

"I said in -"

"Come here, honey." I lifted her up and bring her to upstairs. If he don’t want to listen me then, I will take it in my own way! "Jiyeon!" I heard he was shouting as the footsteps following behind me.

"Mark!" His mom tried to stop him but he was too fast to catch the two girls.

"You can't shout to her like that." I said while holding her when I feel her gripped was tight around my shirt and brush over my skin. She hold onto me and that’s I know she were scared.

"Leave us." Mark said as he glare at me, "No, you are the one who should leave. Control your anger first." I said.

Are you going to fight me now?

"Don't interrupt the things between me and my daughter." He said.

" all that. You scared her!"

"She's doing wrong!" Mark shouted.

"That doesn't mean you can shout to her, angry her and make her scared!" If he going to shout all out on top of his lung, so do I.

"Just get out!" His tone rise make me stunned.

What the deal about no shouting and angry to her in front of Irene?

I put her down and not forget to give him my sharp glared. As I want to walk away, I felt a tugged at the hem of my shirt and I look at the little girl who was pleading me to stay with her, "Irene." Mark saw that and warned her daughter.

"I- I'm s-sorry." Irene said while cried.

"Let her go." Mark said.

"N-no. Mommy..." Irene look down on the floor while still hold onto my shirt and crying hard.

"You know you did wrong." Mark pointed it to his daughter, didn't care if I was still there.

I watch in silent.

"Sh- she started i- it first." Her voice was shuttering as she answered Mark while cry

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter