031

A Wife For My Dad
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

IRENE

I was sitting on the floor while my books scattering on the coffee table as mommy was sitting on the couch while watching television. Somehow she managed to help me in answering the questions that I didn’t know. I can say she is clever.

Weeks 18, nothing much had changes. But, her tummy grew bigger and she is back to mommy that I used to know when I first met her. She loves me more than anything else, even I might say, more than daddy.

Daddy somehow managed to control his anger. I bet previous experiences taught him to be careful if he don’t want to lose his wife sooner. He will back early from office and despite he’s having duties as big boss, he managed to treats us well and spend more time with us. Mr. Kim officially became mommy’s driver. In case she need anything to buy, check up to go or anything, daddy put his trust on his right man.

His friends? Uncle Jinyoung severally had comes to our house as he said he just stopped by and bought me some items, mostly books which I rarely read, but I know he missed Aunty Sara just like us. I know he misses the time where all of us gather around and having chit-chat and throwing bad jokes within each other. Oh! How I miss that precious moments. I only can rewind those memories since I know, there’s no more chance to create a new memories with them. Especially when Aunty Sara had gone forever.

Uncle Jackson was out of sight. I don’t know what happen but he and Aunty Diana never show their faces anymore. The last time I saw Aunty Diana is when she come to our house and ask daddy to sign one of the cheque that company needed which happened 2 weeks ago. I don’t ask about Aunty Diana because I know mommy must not like that but I wanted to ask about Uncle Jackson but yeah, I forgot.

Uncle Jae –

“Irene!!!” A shouting at the front door make shocked and almost cry in fear but then I see my grandma was standing there, open her arms as she wait for me to run into her hug which I did! I miss her a lot!

“Ma!!!” I ran into her and she lifted me up while hugging me.

“How is my little princess?” She asked me.

“I’m doing well.” I replied as she kissed over my cheeks.

“Papa, mama, come in.” Mommy walk to us slowly as she having a hard time to wake up just now and to bring that big stomach, I know it’s hard.

“Oh my god, look at my daughter. Are you okay, Jiyeon?” Grandma asked as she put me back on the ground before hugging with mommy.

“I’m good but a bit uncomfortable.” Mommy replied as she smiles to both of them.

“It’s fine. This should be soon and you will get your body back to normal.” Grandma said as the 2 women headed to living room, leaving me and my grandpa at the front door.

“Where’s daddy?” I asked as I peeked over through the door only to see my daddy is struggling take out the big luggage from the bunk of his car. “Daddy, are you okay?” I shout as I chuckled in between.

“Instead of ask… why don’t you come here and help me?” Daddy said as he let out his heavy sigh.

“Come and help your daddy.” Grandpa said while he laugh and we both headed to the porch to help my ‘stronger’ daddy with the luggage.

-------

MARK

I misses this so much. Mama’s cooking! She is the best cooker ever in the world that I’ve ever know other than my wife, of course. She decide to cook dinner for us when I said we should just take out or eating somewhere outside but she insisted in excuse my wife is pregnant and she need to eat healthy foods.

Okay, I agree that.

And because of that she become fat more than I ever think. I mean her stomach is grew bigger and her puff cheeks is so cute and the way she walk is so funny – I mean, cute, yes! Cute. Like a big  whale stranded on the beach. Duh!

“Mark, have you buy the baby’s preparation?” My mom asked suddenly when we were sitting in the living room after having dinner together. I was playing with my wife’s hair and she groaned in annoyance.

“He bought the same things, thrice. Such a waste!” She snorted and make me chuckled in return. Have I ever say that I like when she look pissed off?

“Example?” My father asked.

“3 sets of body care but different brand.” She replied as she slapped my hand. Telling me to stop plays with her hair.

“We don’t know how the baby would react soon, their skins is sensitive so, we should prepare more than one to make sure the right things.” I said in defence.

“What about 3 pieces of Superhero clothes?” She asked again as her glare at me.

Typical Jiyeon.

“So he can choose which one he like to wear.” I replied as I look at her playful.

“SHE did not wear Superhero clothes.” She quote the word as we really didn’t know the gender yet and she have high hope that one who will coming out is a girl. Because she want to fight me for wasting money buying a lot of ‘boy’ items instead of spare in girl in case the baby who soon to coming out is a girl.

“Go scan. That’s better.” My father said as my daughter began to yawn while she was laying on the couch, her head on her grandfather’s lap.

“I don’t want. As long as the baby is good and healthy, I’m fine with it.” My wife answered.

“This totally not my fault.” I raised up my hands in defeat. I ever ask her to go scan and check the gender but she refuse it. I’m not going to force her for something she don’t like. I don’t want to witness the big whale in mad over the sea.

“Irene, let’s go to bed. You’ve school tomorrow.” She said as she ignore me and struggling to stand up make me chuckled in return. Just, she really look so cute.

She send me a glare when she heard I’m laughing, “Help me, will you?”

“Okay, okay.” I said as I hold her arm and help her to stand up.

“And stop laughing!” She pinched my arm. Gosh!

“Can I skip school tomorrow? I want to stay at home with ma and pa.” My daughter suddenly said as she sitting down on the couch while rubbing her eye.

“No.” That’s it. I know my wife wouldn’t allow that.

“You can meet them when you back from school. They will stay here until you come back.” I said, persuading my spoilt daughter when I see she was pouting.

“We will stay here as long as you want, baby. So, tomorrow when you come back from school, I will cook for you and we will go shopping together after that. Agree?” My mom take in charge. Raising a spoilt daughter is hard though.

“Can you cook for me my favourite foods?” Irene ask as her eyes glittering in amusing. Can’t wait to eat her favourite foods.

“Just say it, I will.”

“Okay!” She beamed in excitement.

“Come and sleep with us.” My father lifted her up as my mom tagged along behind him, heading to their room. Ready to catch the sweet dream.

“Let’s get this big mommy to bed too.” I said as I put my hand over her waist.

“I really hate you, Mark.” She glare as she push my hand and start walking away slowly.

“Okay, sorry. I was kidding. Don’t be so serious.” I grinned as I hold her hand and we both walking over the stairs, heading to our bedroom.

When we entered the room, I closed the door and she sat down on the edge of the bed. “Do we really need to scan the gender?” She asked suddenly when I was searching for her socks in the drawer.

“No, we don’t have to if you don’t want.” I replied and take out the black stripe socks.

“But mama and papa seems like want to know the gender.” She seems depressed.

“No, baby.” I said as I kneel down on the ground and help her wearing her socks, “They just ask. It would be easy if scan so we know what to prepare.”

“I should agree to scan the gender then.” Her voice was really sad and I’m not like any of it.

“Listen,” I sat beside her and hold her hands, “I don’t mind you want to scan it or not as long as the baby is f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter