021

A Wife For My Dad
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

JIYEON

It just another day that I will wake up just to let out all the foods that I’ve eat last night. As usual, my husband would be super protective and loving as he never get tired to watch as I vomit a disgusting liquid. Morning sickness make me tired and weak so I will sleep most of my time, in the same time without my intentions, I ignore Irene.

Mark will wake up early and prepared a breakfast for Irene, sent her to school and coming back home just to prepare my breakfast and next rushing to go work. Almost every day he will go late, near to lunch time. I feel sorry to him.

And Irene will eat first before Mr. Kim sending her back to home. She will take a nap before wake up and do her homework and when she’s tired, she will clingy beside me while rubbing my stomach even the baby bumps still not showing. She will talking to the baby as the baby will understand what she said. It’s become a routine.

Mark will be back early which make Irene shock because she said, Mark will never come back home if clock wasn’t at 11 pm yet. I guess this pregnancy change him. I would be mad as usual, but he never sigh or mad at me as he treat me like a princess. Well, I’m carrying his child after all.

But, today is different. It is Saturday which means Irene didn’t go to school and don’t have to attend any extra classes or extra activities at school. She woke up early and stand by the door frame as she crying while I’m vomit in the bathroom. My husband as usual being loyal helping me.

“Why are you crying?” I ask as I pat the empty spot beside me on the bed, telling Irene to sit down next to me.

“Are you hurting?” She ask while wiping out her tears as she stand beside her daddy.

I smiles, is this little princess worry about me? “I’m not, honey.” I said as I pull her into my embraced, “I’m okay, you don’t have to cry.” I wiped her tears using my thumb.

“Don’t get hurt.” She manage to say between the sob that she’s facing.

I nodded in return and smile at her while her long hair, “Mark, can you cook for me Chinese cuisine?” I asked. Suddenly, I’m crave for that.

“What?” His eyes widen out.

“You can’t?”

“I – Wh- Sure, let me check in fridge what do we have.” Then he walk out from the room. Leaving me and Irene who was chuckling.

MARK

Hell, what was that? Chinese Cuisine? Is she kidding me? Tell me, she were trying to mess up with me, right? Yeah, I know I was born with Chinese-blood and I know how to cook. But, not Chinese food. Hell, I’m living in LA! Why I didn’t experience all of this while Lily were carrying Irene?

Well, I admit that I ever eat several kinds of Chinese foods. I often followed Jackson back to Hong Kong when I was single. Maybe, he could help me –

“Yo, what’s up?”

“Jackson, you’ve to help me!”

“About what?”

“Jiyeon, she’s pregnant -”

“Mark, I swear it’s not my fault she’s get pregnant and I don’t know w –“

“What the , Jackson. Listen to me!” I rub my temples. Somehow, Jackson being overacting to freak out about this. Of course I am the one who make her pregnant.

“What?”

“She crave to eat Chinese foods. Help me.”

There’s a long silence before I heard someone is laughing on the other line, “Mark ing Tuan is asking help from me? Like, seriously?” I swear, if he were beside me, I already choke him.

“Now tell me, can you help me?” I asked as I frown in frustration.

“How can I help you?”

“Come to my house. Now.”

“Aha, that’s such a pity. I wasn’t in country.” Oh, me. I hissed. “Just go and buy it.”

“Pftt, you really wasting my time.” I snorted and hang up the call.

I am really dizzy just to think about this. I want the best for my wife. My dad did everything he can for my mom and why I can’t do the same? Uh – Mom. She didn’t know my wife is pregnant. Shall we tell her?

“Mama, are you busy now?”

“Mark, it’s dinner time for God’s sake. I’m cooking right now.”

“Ma, I really need your help. Jiyeon, is pregnant and she crave to eat Chinese foods and I don’t know how to cook it. Can you help me? Just say what I should to do and what the ingredients, I will follow your instruction. Okay?” I talk as I open the fridge.

Just like Jackson, there’s a long silence to pause the scene. Sigh, I really need to do this fast. My wife is hungry! “Ma? I know you’re cooking for papa right now but, your daughter in-law is re –“

“You, kid! Aren’t you should tell me early?” I can hear the sound of tray being slammed down on the counter. “If she didn’t crave anything, are you planning to hide about this forever?”

Oh God

“Ma, can you help me first and nag later?” I frowned.

“Tell me what you have, I’ll tell you how to cook.”

-----

IRENE

“Oh my god, Mark. What happen?” Mommy freak out as soon we entered kitchen.

Oh.

My.

God.

As soon I saw daddy, I can’t hold my laughter anymore. Daddy look so messy and the flour on his face, on the counter, also drop out on the floor explain everything. He is trying to make something using flour.

“Wait, just a moment and everything will be ready.” Daddy replied as he stir something in the pot. Smell nice but are we able to eat? Daddy not so good in cooking unless his porridge, fried rice and instant noodles. Other than that, never take a try on anything daddy cook for you.

“What are you cooking?” I ask as I peek over the counter.

“Dumplings soup.” He wiggle his eyebrows.

“Let me taste it.” Mommy said as she stood beside daddy and grab a spoon before take small portion of the soup and put it in to taste the flavour.

I wait mommy to give any respond but then she shrugged her shoulder, “It’s good.” Mommy commented make daddy squealed in excitement.

“I want too.” I jump on the ground several times like a little kid. Somehow, I didn’t believe mommy. How can its good? Nonsense! Daddy seriously don’t know how to cook.

“No, I will finish this up and you wait at the table with mommy.” Daddy said make me frowned. “Gooo…” He said as he hold my shoulder and push me to the dining table when he saw I didn’t make any move.

“We will have a good lunch together.” Daddy said as walk back to the stove.

“Where’s on earth people eat lunch at 4 pm?” Mommy snorted.

“Well, that’s just a little too late.” Daddy replied as he put the plate in front of mommy and me.

“It’s very, very late daddy.” I interrupt.

“You know nothing, kid!” Daddy patted my head as he walk to take the foods.

“I’m not a kid anymore. I’ll be a sister to my little brother.” I hissed as I cross my arms.

He put the foods on the table as he return from the counter several times, “But, your little brother not yet come out. So, for me you’re still the little kid who cry a lot.” Daddy finally take a seat at the center between mommy and me.

“When did I cry a lot?” I frowned.

“Almost every day.” Daddy replied. I hit his shoulder and he hissed in pain, “Didn’t I say the truth?” He asked me as he laugh.

“No!”

“You both are kids. Now eat up. I’m hungr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter