034

A Wife For My Dad
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

JIYEON

"You not tell me." I began the conversation while we were watching people walking near the river side. Some of them were cycling and also some of them play with their kids. Sky is bright, showing a nice weather and even birds are flying around. That's how nice the day is.

"About what?" He replied.

"Your sickness."

"So, you only come to meet me because Mark told you I'm sick. It's not you are really want to meet me."

"I really don't know what should I do. It's been a long time since this happened. Although it's hurt me so much, honestly I love you. I really want to meet you. I want to say sorry because of me you and mom fought. But, then at the same time I hate you."

I let out sigh.

"I really hate you because you are stupid. If you hate me from the start why not abort me? Why making it hard until like this."

"I'm not hating you"

"Then?"

"Mom just - "

I look at him as he seems hard to say it. What is it? If not hate me then what is it? 

"Everything just fine at first, Jiyeon. But, I'm so frustrated at work and I hope when I come back my wife would come and comfort me. But, no. She's too busy for her daughter. Even for small things, she just focused on you. I don't blame you either. You are just kid back then, you don't know anything. But I hope she would have some mercy on me." ​

​​"Still, abused her are not a good decision." I look at the sky as hoping my mom would hear this and.

"I'm frustrated." He sighed and look at the river, "After I left both of you, I feel miserable. I know what I've been through now is punishment for me for leaving you and mom. I feel disgusting. I'm disappointed with myself." 

"The only ​​​​reason you fought with mom is me. You should have leave me somewhere before and can just kill me or throw me in jungle and let animals eat me." 

​​​​​"I still have humanity." He turn to look at me. 

"Abusing is humanity? " I look at him, into his eyes. Trying to understand him. 

"I'm sorr​​​​​y." 

​I let out sigh ​​​when he's not continuing his words. He thinks abusing is simple things? Of course no! He's torturing me and my mom before. It's ing hurt.

"Time passed and mom dead. You have come and cleared yourself. I think there's nothing more I should say." 

"I'm still your father, right?" He asked me as I began to wake up from my seat.

"From the beginning, you are my only father. There's no someone else."

"Please forgive me because you truly want it, not because I'm sick."

"I am. I'm sincere. I'm sorry for making scene before this. I'm just shocked. Everything happens so fast and I'm not prepared for it. To be honest, I really want to meet you." My tears fall down. I feel weak.

"Of course I miss you so much, no matter what you did to me and mom, the facts that you're my father won't change." I wipe out my tears.

"I'm mad. Yes, I am. You don't know what we've been through when you left us. But, mad at you too long won't bring mom back alive. Mom taught me to forgive everyone. Be forgiven. Including you, mom never ask me to hate you, never talking about you.

I feel as he pull me into his hug, "Oh god, I'm so sorry Jiyeon. I'm so sorry."

I feel calm in his embrace as my tears still falling down while my father hugging me. This is heartbreaking. I miss him so much but thinking back what he had done to us, make me mad. But then, I am his daughter. Anywhere I go, I will find back my way to him.

Sure what he did is unforgettable but we're human. I've been taught to be forgiven. Just like how I forgive Diana for her behaviour and how Mark being impatience. I forgive all. Forgiven them won't make me lose anything.

 

-------

 

MARK

I open the door and as I enter living room, there's no one inside. The house somehow seems quiet. "Irene! Jiyeon! I'm back." I shout as I walk through stairs, going to my daughter's room.

"Irene, I'm back." But there's no one inside her room.

I ran to my room, 

"Jiyeon -"

"Shut up, will you? Irene sleeping." She answered as she sitting down next to Irene. My daughter sleep soundless as my wife pat her back.

"What's wrong?" I ask before giving a peck on her lips.

"She miss Sara." My wife said and I kiss my daughter on her cheeks.

"She cry?"

"A lot."

"Do you need me to take off tomorrow?" I ask as she help me ed my shirt and take off my tie.

"For what?" She asked.

"Well, so I can spend some time with you and Irene. We can go out and have fun?"

"She have school tomorrow, honey."

"Can you just one time, allow her to skip class?" I ask as I look at her. My wife is so strict about education. Irene need rest sometimes.

"She can't skip school." She shook her head. 

"Only this time, baby?" I look at her as she look at me as well.

"We're staying inside house. No outdoor activities." She said after a few minutes in silence.

"Thank you, I love you." I kiss her lips before running through bathroom. Before she change her mind, I better not make her mad tonight.

 

-------

 

"How's the meeting?" I ask as I make move on my bed. After 10 minutes in bathroom and I refuse to eat when she asked me since I already eat with  Jinyoung before coming back home, I settled myself on the bed, ready to sleep but then I remember my wife met her father in the evening.

​​​​"Can we skip the topic?" She asked, trying to avoid any questions that I wanted to ask. 

​​​​"Why, what's wrong? What happen?" I touch her hand. 

"No, nothing happened. I jus​​​​t... Not interested to talk about it."

I pull her into​​​ my hug, "Whatever you did today, you've done your best. Yes, you do a right thing."

"I forgive him." She said.

"That's a good thing."

"But, I don't think I can accept him yet. I just forgive him and I want to forget all the past."

"Baby, past is past. Sure, not easy for you to forget it all at once but, you can do it. I believe you can. Forgiving him already a good sign. But, don't forget. He is your father, wherever you go, he is still your father."

"You being cliché," She look at me.

"No, I just comforting you." And I smile at her.

"You know what -" She hold my cheeks.

"What?"

"There's a time where's I hate you because one, you don't know how to control your anger and two, you always force me to do something that I don't like -"

I chuckled.

"But, most of the time, I love you so much because you being soft with me everytime I need you. You always advice me with your positive words. I am so grateful, honey."

I kiss her lips, "I love you too." And I hug her.

She feels so warm and nice to said, I love her fat body. I mean, she's pretty even in her pregnancy state.

I can't believe, already 5 months my wife carrying my second child. Another 4 months to wait and I get to see my second child. I feel excited just how much I excited to welcoming Irene. 

Things happened a lot and here she is, still staying beside me no matter what I did to her. I know I'm such a but then me is me. I love her and I'm pretty sure she love me more than anyone else.

 

-------

 

"Yes, Eunmi, what is it?" I ask as soon I answered the phone call. I clearly remember last night I send message to my secretary that I won't come today and I don't want anyone to disturb me so why the hell she call me today early in the morning?

"Aren't you coming to office? It's 9 already."

"No, I told you already that I won't come to office today. Don't you receive my message?"

"I do but don't you read my reply?" She asking me back.

"No, I'm not. W

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter