029

A Wife For My Dad
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

JIYEON

“Jiyeon…” I look at the door as it creaking open and there’s my mother-in-law looking to her crying son, “Hey, Mark, what’s wrong?” She come near him and Mark didn’t hesitated to hug her tightly, “Hey, what’s wrong? Why are you crying? Jiyeon, did something happen?” She ask as she look at me.

I keep quiet because I don’t know what I should say to her. It’s true, something happen but she can’t know that something because it will make everyone hurt.

“Mark, why?” She ask as she cupped his face.

“She want to divorce with me.” He say it. I turned around as my tears stream down my cheeks. Mama, I’m sorry.

“Jiyeon, Mark, what’s wrong?” She touch my shoulder and I turn to hug her in return.

“I’m sorry…” I say within sobbing.

“Tell me what’s wrong.” She rubbed my back.

“I tried to st- stay with him b-but, it keep hurting me. I’m sorry.”

“I thought you guys were in a good shape? And, divorce is not the best way, Jiyeon. Can’t you guys discuss for something better?”

“Mama, I’m sorry.” I said.

“What took you so long? Mark, Chen wants to meet you.” My father-in-law suddenly come.

“Honey, look what happen to them. They want to divorce.” My mother-in-law said in her worried tone. It’s only me who want to divorce. Mark disagree about it.

“We talk about this later. Chen want to meet you fast.” He said.

Why would he want to meet my husband? He can always call him and they can meet up somewhere. Or maybe Mark just didn’t answer any of his calls.

“Come down, don’t make people waiting.” My father-in-law said and walk out from the room as my husband followed him at the back after wiping out his tears.

Curious to know what it is, I followed them while wiped down my tears, as my mother-in-law tagged along behind me. As we approach the stairs, I saw the two cops beside Chen as one of them put handcuffs on Mark’s hand. What happen?

“Hey, wait!” I shouted as they were about to leave, “Why did you take him?” I asked.

“Sorry, Jiyeon. But, we must arrest him for owned a pistol illegally without license.”

“But, he’s your friend.” My tears come out again.

“Friend or not, I do my work, Jiyeon. This is law. I’m sorry.”

“No, please no.” I scream as I running down to stairs.

“Jiyeon, don’t run!” Mark shouted.

“Please, don’t take him.”

 

-----

 

IRENE

I just finished taking my shower, wore my clothes and now drying my hair. Every time I heard noise downstairs, my heart skipped fast as I remember when the day daddy bring Aunty Sara home and she’s dead. It was noisy downstairs with crying and today it happens again. I can’t help but to feel scared. Please, don’t make it bad day today.

As I walk slowly out from room and near to stairs, I saw mommy is crying while kneeling in front of the cops. I know one of it, he always here helping my daddy. And, there’s daddy… they cuffs his hands. What they –

They want to take daddy away!

“Daddy!” I shout as I run to downstairs and hug my daddy. “Daddy, what’s wrong?” I asked as my tears streamed down my cheeks. Daddy didn’t reply me in return as he turn around his face and I heard sobbing. He’s crying.

“Uncle, where you want to take my daddy?” I turn to daddy’s friend.

“I’m so sorry dear. We have to take your daddy for a while. I promise I will return him to you as soon as possible.” He replied.

“No, you can’t take him!”

“Move.” He gestured his fingers, motion to his friends to take daddy out from house and how stupid of daddy for obeying what they said. He should fight for it. “Irene, I do my job. I’m so sorry. Uncle, you may come to police station to bail your son.” He said before walk out from grandpa’s house.

I turn around as I run to my grandpa, “Pa, help me. They take daddy away!” I’m crying hard and I could feel my legs begin to weaken. I don’t want to lose my daddy.

He didn’t answer, instead he take me into his hug, “Pa….” I’m sobbing hard.

“Honey, why did you let them take our son? We don’t have anyone already.” My grandmother come and she can’t help but to cry with me.

“Mark did something wrong. We must follow the law.” He replied.

As he pull off the hug I saw my mommy began to walk away slowly, approaching the stairs, “Where are you going, Jiyeon?” My grandpa ask.

She didn’t reply and just shook her head before she’s falling down on the ground. I run and kneel down beside her. She was fainted. “Pa, mommy…” I look at my grandfather.

What happen in my family right now really? This is hard for me to handle. First Aunty Sara, and then daddy and now mommy. What else, God? What else?

I’m crying hard as my grandfather lifted her up, “Get in the car. I’ll bring her to hospital.” My grandfather said and I help him to open the front door and put mommy in the car at the backseat.

 

-----

 

As we arrived hospital, grandpa parked his car in front of emergency entrance before get out from the car and call several hospital staffs to get a stroller bed. They put mommy on it and push the bed away as I followed them with my grandmother.

They didn’t allow us to get into the checking room and we both ended waiting outside. Not too long after that, grandpa come from nowhere, I bet he parked his car at the parking lot. “Pa…” I run into his embraced.

I really need someone to rely on. My daddy is not here and mommy inside the emergency room, unconscious. I lose Aunty Sara, the trio Uncle J is not here, so I only have my grandparents to rely on now. How I miss all of them…

We waited around 30 minutes before someone approached us, “Sir, is..?” A nurse stopped in front of us as she look at my grandpa, “Your daughter…”

“Yes, my daughter-in-law, is she okay?” My grandpa asked and I focus on her.

“She will be alright. We already move her to Ward 2B, Room 4, you can go and visit her now.” She said politely and bow before walk away from us.

 

-----

 

MARK

As I sat on the chair in the investigator room and Chen sat across me, looking at me deeply, I am trying hard to avoid his gaze. I know what he’s thinking of me. I know he’s think that I am one of new mad guy who had a very beautiful family.

“So, tell me.” He said as he cross his arms and lean his back on the chair.

“What?” I asked sternly.

“Why do you owned a gun? What is your intentions?” He asked directly.

“You know the reason. You don’t have to ask me again.” I replied.

“My answer might be wrong so that’s why I ask you again. I don’t have time, Mark. Please, answer me.” He said as he near his face to me.

“I want to kill him.” I answered him as I look at him.

“Of reasons?” He asked as he scribbles something on the piece of paper.

“Revenge.”

“I’ll read up the rule of the laws for having a gun without license; Mark Tuan, you are indicted for having a gun without a license. According to the act, you must pay the penalty $1000. You are given 15 days to pay it up. Do you understand?”

“Yes, I do.” I nod my head. Oh my $1000... Buying a gun not even cost that much. Sigh.

Beep.

“Now, I turned off the voice recording. Mark, you’re lucky got me as the one who in charged in your case or else you might stuck in a jail for 6 months.” He said casually as he didn’t have anything to cover up.

“How can own a pistol may stuck in a jail for 6 whole months?” I ask as I sat comfortably on the chair.

“Own a pistol without a license is a crime, dude. And, what the hell are you thinking off?” He knock of my head.

What the ?

“I’m frustrated. I don’t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter