019

A Wife For My Dad
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was the first day for Irene to start her primary school, they had buy all her needs before without Jiyeon tag along. It just another day for Jiyeon to trapped herself in the house with 'sweetest dessert' around her. Mark had warned her to not taking a lot of sweet foods but as usual, she will glare him and Mark being quiet. Also, it’s the time for Mark return to his office and continue his works.

It just another morning where Jiyeon will prepare a breakfast and the father with the daughter will eat it.

“Daddy, will you fetch me today?” Irene asked before drink her milk in a glass.

“Nope. Mr. Kim will fetch you.” Mark replied.

“Why?” She’s pouted.

“I’ve many works to do.”

“Can’t you left your work for a while to fetch your own daughter? It wasn’t take an hour after all.” Jiyeon interrupted.

“What is the different if it me or Mr. Kim to fetch her?” Mark put down his fork as he getting serious with the morning talks.

“You also know today is the first day for her to start a new lesson at the new school. Why can’t you just fulfil what she want and left your work aside?”

“Talking to who didn’t follow her buying all her needs? Where are you that time when she need you the most?” Mark replied, raising his voice.

“That because I’m tired! I’m not simply ignored her!”

“It’s obviously show you ignored her!”

“That’s n-“

“STOP IT!” Irene shouted as her tears began to flows over her cheeks, “I’m just asking why, you guys don’t have to fight for it.”

“Baby -”

“Did you have to raise your voice to your parents? Who teach you that!?” Jiyeon exploded, make her husband gasped as he never see she’s shouting to Irene. Irene take no time and leave the table as she getting shocked with sudden encounter.

“You don’t have any right to shout to my daughter!” Mark shouted as hit the table with his fist.

“No, Mark – I didn’t mean to do that.” She cupped as she just realise what she had done.

“You just did that!” He’s wake up from his seat and was about to go but she was fast to hold his arm, “Mark, I’m sorry. I -”

“What the hell is wrong with you, Jiyeon? Sometimes you being okay, sometimes you would get mad and just now you shout to my daughter. What happen with you? What did you want for real?” Mark ripped off his arm from her gripped.

Her tears stream over her cheeks, “I’m sorry. I don’t -”

“I’ve been patient for a long time and that’s enough. I don’t want to see your face anymore!” and he left her alone.

Is that mean, he ask her to leave the house? Leave him and Irene?

Jiyeon dropped herself on the ground while crying hard. What just happen? Did Mark just kicked her out from his house? From his life? Isn’t this what she scared the most and now it’s happen for real? Because of her weird behaviour.

She couldn’t understand herself either. It just she didn’t feels comfortable sometimes and she ended up getting mad even for simple mistakes. Sometimes, she would feel tired and need her time to be alone and rest all day. But, this was getting serious when it’s involving Irene.

-----

It was weird for the whole situation when she received a call from Jiyeon and from the state of her voice, she was crying. After a few minutes of talking, Diana arrive to Mark’s house and get into the house only to see Jiyeon was seating weakly on the couch with a luggage beside the couch.

“Jiyeon, what happen?” She took a seat beside Jiyeon and slide her arm over her back neck.

“Di – ana…” and her tears fall down again as she hugging her husband’s best friend.

“Hey, tell me what’s wrong?” She hushed her to stop to cry.

Jiyeon pulled off the hugged and wiped her tears as she look at Diana who still being confuse, “Can you bring me out from here first?” Jiyeon asked.

“Why??? Did something happen? Did Mark knows about it?” Diana returned the questions to Jiyeon.

“Let’s just get out from here first.” She wake up from her seat and take her luggage, “I will tell you later.”

And Diana help her as she get in to Diana’s car before close the door and the car disappear from the big house.

-----

“Eunmi, tell Diana to get into my office now.” Mark command as he look at his secretary from his room’s door.

“Sorry, Sir. But Diana not entering office today. She take an emergency leave.” Eunmi replied.

“What? She didn’t tell me!”

“She just inform me few minutes ago.”

And Mark get into his office back again as he slammed his body on the couch. The whole situation is ridiculous. It’s too much for Mark to handle it alone. It’s not his intentions to say that to Jiyeon but he was hoping that she will gains back her mind. Thinking back all the things she had done to him and his daughter. In addition, he was hoping she will stay at home instead of taking his words seriously.

The way Irene cried just now make his heart sunk in ache. She never cried that hard before, not even when he scold her. And, to know how his daughter react, he was sure that the morning accident left a big impact on Irene’s heart.

-----

“Jiyeon, for real, tell me what happen? Where should we go?” Diana asked as she drove over the main road.

“Just any hotel would be fine.” Jiyeon replied.

“Hotel!?” Diana widen her eyes, “Why staying in hotel when you have home?”

“It was Mark’s. Not mine.” She replied soulless.

“And he is your husband. His home is yours too.” Diana couldn’t take off her eyes from Jiyeon.

“Diana.., do you ever feels like you not comfortable with yourself sometimes and always get mad even for simple mistakes?” Jiyeon asked as she fumble her fingers.

“Mood swings? Isn’t that normal for girls when having period?” Diana asked, looking to Jiyeon before focusing back again to road.

“I’m not facing mood swing and I’m not even period!” She raise her voice.

“What happened actually?” Diana sighed and stop her car as the traffic lights turned red.

“I’m mad at Irene right before she go to school and Mark angry with me because of that.”

Diana laughed at her explanation, “Are you guys in high school? Fight and run away like this? And then Mark will finds you and persuade you and you guys will get together again?” She push her pedal when the light turn green, “Oh my god! Such a drama.”

“I don’t have any intention to back to him again. That’s enough…”

“You are not serious, aren’t you?” Diana turn her steering to right.

“I am. I –“

“Jiyeon you guys just ge

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter