032

A Wife For My Dad
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

MARK

"Why did you invite them? Did anyone's birthday today?" She asked when I come to the kitchen. I told her, that I invited my friends to have dinner with us tonight. 

"Why are you making such a big problem to me?" My mom interrupt. 

"What?" I landed my back on the wall. 

"Look, you can always bring us all to eat at any restaurant. Korea has so many good restaurants, why are you making me cooking for 12 serving dishes?"

"That's so many. Did you invite all from your company?" She look at me. 

Biting my lower lips, I crossed my arms and look at her, "I invited Diana and her family."

"You did not." Her sterned voice echoing. 

"I am."

"Mark, we talked about this, right? You cannot make your own decision. This is about me."

"Well, I'm out." My mom walked out as she knows my wife is going to let out her raged and she don't want to witness that. 

I walk to her, "Yes, I know. I am trying to help you. Until when you are going to be like this?"

"With my current state, Mark? You said you love me. You're going to care me, but do you know what you are going to do now are risking my life. Can't you wait until I am ready? You don't have to arrange my life."

"I am not arranging your life. I just want you to have good relationship with your father."

"You asking me to have a good relationship with him? Are you crazy? He is someone who dumped his wife and left his daughter. Okay, maybe I don't mind if he just left us. But, the reason... The reason why he left us is me. He hate me. And now you want me to be good with him?" She raised her voice.

"Still, he is your father."

She's quiet while look at me. Her teary eyes. She's going to hate me for real.

"I'm done." She put aside her apron that she wearing and walk out passing me.

"Baby,"

"Don't talk to me."

I chase her as she walk to our bedroom, passing the stairs and I saw my mom walking back to kitchen probably want to continue cooking.

"Jiyeon, listen to me." I grabbed her hand as we entered our bedroom and I closed the door. "You have -" 

"Get out. I want to rest." She ripped out her hand from me and sit on the bed.

"You always run away from problem. Can't you face it? Why do you have to be scare?" I put my hands on my waist. 

"Get out."

"This is not Jiyeon that I used to know. Is it so hard to accept the fact that you father is here. He will come and either you want it or not, you have to talk with him, and solve this problem."

"I say get - "

"I GET IT! YOU DON'T HAVE TO REPEAT AGAIN!" Yes I aware that I am raising my voice. More like screaming to her. Yes, I saw her shocked face. But, I have limit.

 

-----  

JIYEON

I don't understand Mark. Why he want me to be good with my father? Yes, he is my father. But, that man were the one who hate me, I'm not going to forget that. That man also ever hit my mother. And he also hit me. That's the fact and no one's can change that. 

People change. I know. But, I won't give any second chance to them. That would be such a waste because some people don't know how to appreciate second chance. And, I believe my father just pretend to be nice and when he get me in his hands, he's going to torture me again.

Knock Knock

And the door open, "Mommy, daddy call for you. His friends are here." Irene sat beside me. 

"Can I not go down? I'm not feeling so well."

"Do you want me to call daddy? Do you need to go hospital?" She put her palm on my forehead and then to my neck. Checking my temperature. 

"No, I just need to rest."

"Mommy, let's go to eat. You have to eat, a little then you can back to rest in your room. Okay?" This little girl is pleading. How can I say

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter