010

A Wife For My Dad
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

IRENE

"Ma!!!" I shouted as I enter my house with my uncles and Aunty Diana. I dropped my bag pack on the couch and walk to kitchen only to see my grandma was eating with grandpa.

"Oh, baby!" My grandma greet me, "I thought you having lunch with daddy?"

I smile, "No. I'm back with uncles and Aunty Diana."

"Oh, where are them?" My grandma put her spoon and fork before walk to me who was stand at the counter, trying to take a glass.

Grandma help me and poured orange juice in the glass before give the glass to me. I take it in one shot and give the glass back to my grandma before smile to her, "Thank you," I say, "They in the living room."

"Call them here and eat." Grandpa said.

I walk back to living room and calling them, "Uncle, let's go to kitchen. Pa invite you to eat."

They walk entering the kitchen and take their seat. I seat beside my grandma and Aunty Diana beside me while in front of me is Uncle Jinyoung.

"Come on, eat. We can have a talk later."

Grandma give them a plate and they begin to dig in the foods so do I.

-----

MARK

I look at the girl beside me who was staring outside the window while I was driving on the road, "Are you okay?" I asked.

She nodded in return. She didn't say anything.

"Are you mad at me?" I look at girl beside me for a while before focusing back on the road. She shook her head in return.

"Then?" I asked again.

She turn her body and look at me, "What if this marriage is not true? What if there's someone out there was waiting for you for a long time, shouldn't you marry with her?" She seems hesitated but still asking through.

"Nobody wait for me, okay? And my words is final, I'm going to marry you." My soft voice lingering in the car.

"I just scared..." She turn her body and focus on the road.

"Scared about what?" I asked.

"Everything," She gulped her saliva, "I scared if one day after we married, you're going to leave me. I scared if your heart is turning back and divorce me. I really don't want that."

"About feelings..." I stop my words and take her hand using my right hand, and my left hand is holding the steering, "I don't want to promise anything about feelings because we don't know what could happen in the future. But, I can promise you that I will never leave you. Anything happen, how bad was I am, how rude was I am, please stay by myside. If I say go, you have to hold in and don't go because I never want you to go."

"I never thought that I will married again because I don't want to but you changed me. You make me realise how much I need someone to help me to care Irene and care myself. So, please... don't think about nonsense and just stay by myside."

She look at me as she scanning my face. He's sincere.

"Since when you love me?" She suddenly ask.

I chuckled, "Do you really have to be serious now?" She’s frowned and turn look at the road back.

"I don't know either." I say, "But, when I go to work, I feel like I want to back home and see you. I know I always make you mad but I just love it to bickering with you." She rolled her eyes as soon I finished my words.

"And, you're different. How you worried about Irene, how you care her, I just fallen to you. Because you know, my daughter is the only thing that I have and I think that I don't need anyone else beside her. I think that I can care her alone, be with her, have fun with her and when Irene said she need mommy, I don't agree because she might forget about me and did nothing with me and I don't want that to happen."

"But, with you, what I think is not happening. Irene still be with me, she still hug me, find me and we even have fun together. I never thought all that before this. So, I know loving you is the right thing for me."

"I think you're the one who are more serious right now?" She smile to me.

"You know what? This topic is not suitable to talk in a car." I said.

"Why?"

"We should talk about it when we in a room. Just you and me. And when I finish my words, you will kiss my -"

"Mark!!!" Jiyeon hit my shoulder and frowned.

"What? Did you see the dramas? That's always like that." I chuckled.

-----

IRENE

"Mama, is it true Mark will get married?" Uncle Jackson asked to my grandma when we all in the living room. Yes, uncles and Aunty Diana call my grandparents as Mama and Papa because we're so closed enough to do that.

After we finished eating, I help Aunty Diana wash the dishes while grandma preparing some drinks and fruits before bring it in living room where's my uncles and grandpa was sitting. Having a chit-chat.

"Yes." Grandma reply.

"How dare he not tell us?" Uncle Jackson frowned as he was sulking because my daddy didn't tell him, he's going to get married.

"I think he's going to tell you later. When he's ready." Grandpa interrupt, trying to make Uncle Jackson's heart ease.

"So, when will they get married?" Uncle Jaebum asked.

"After Irene finish her school and he's going to married in LA." Grandma replied.

"Good. Now in LA. Good." Uncle Jackson crossed his arms.

"Why are you so mad?" Uncle Jinyoung asked as he look at his friend who was frowning and bitter expression was shown over his face.

"Look, he not tell us about his marriage and now doing in LA? Do you know how far LA and Korea would be?" Uncle Jackson asked.

"Don't worry about that, Jackson. Just ask Mark to take care all the expenses." Grandpa giving out ideas as he was grinned.

Uncle Jackson smile in return, "Should we do that?" He asked while giggling his eyebrows.

"Why not?" Uncle Jinyoung reply and they all laughed.

"It's not that I am stingy or what, it just I'm spending my money now too for getting married." Uncle Jackson said and uncle Jaebum smack his head.

"Oh really? That's good." Grandma shout in excitement.

"Yeah..." Uncle Jackson rubbed his back neck as he feel a bit embarrassing.

"Who's that poor woman who get to marry you?" Uncle Jinyoung sighed and Uncle Jackson hit his shoulder.

"It's not poor. Whoever got me is lucky, okay?"

"We're back."

Mommy!

I crawled out from grandpa's lap and run to the main door before hugging my mommy as soon she enter the house. "What's wrong?" Mommy ask me as she lifted me up and kissed my cheek. I didn't reply anything but just send my cute smile to her.

"Oh, have you eat? Why are you late?" Grandma asked and all the eyes was on her and daddy who just get into the house.

"Just some... things..." Daddy reply while showing his grinned.

"If you want to eat, I can prepare -"

"No, no. Aunty, it's okay. I will do it. You can take a rest." Mommy say make grandma stop before entering the kitchen.

Aunty?

"Oh yes, Jiyeon can do it." Daddy say.

"Okay, go eat first then come here and let's have a talk." Grandma smile to them as I entering the kitchen with mommy and daddy.

Mommy put me on the chair and make her way to prepared foods for daddy to eat. Daddy take a sit beside me and playful pout his mouth telling me to kiss him, and I did.

Daddy smile and I chuckled in return. "Have you eat?" Daddy ask and I nodded while smiling.

"You didn't tell Uncle Jackson you're going to marry." I say.

"Oh yes, I will them later." Daddy reply.

"He's upset."

"He just being overacting." Daddy rolled his eyes.

"He said he's going to get marry too."

"Oh really? With who?" Daddy seems shocked but yes, everybody of course will be shock too.

"He didn't tell who but I think with Aunty Diana."

Mommy come and put a plate in front of daddy before put a scoop of rice on the plate, "When will he's going to get marry?" Mommy ask and she took a seat in front of me.

"I don't know." I shrugged my shoulder.

"Are you sad?" Daddy look at me.

"For?"

"Because you’re favourite uncle is getting married."

I hit daddy's shoulder, "No!" I frowned and daddy laugh. Daddy is so mean. I told you! "I'm not sad about that. It just..." I stop at my words.

Mommy stop on what she's doing and focus her eyes on me, "Did someone hurt you, honey?" Mommy asked.

I love the way mommy always concern about me.

I love the way mommy always protect me.

I love the way mommy always care about me.

I shook my head, "No, it just, can we all lives in one house? I mean with mommy, daddy, Aunty Sar

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter