012

A Wife For My Dad
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

IRENE

"Sara, take Irene to have a shower and Jiyeon, I need to talk to you about something," Grandma said as we get into the house and she was waiting at the living room with crossed arms and she sounds irritated and Aunty Sara seems to know it too and she takes me to upstairs.

What is this about? Is it about daddy? Is daddy not coming? Why?

"Aunty, what happened?" I asked aunty Sara even I knew she also don't know what's going on.

"I'm wondering the same thing too," She says as she closed the door.

 

-----

 

JIYEON

I clasped my fingers together, feeling nervous with Mark's mom look of irritation. I stands beside the couch, where my soon to be mother-in-law sit.

What is this about?

"Why did you agree to marry my son?" Her voice seems like a protective mother whose coming to the rescue to save her son from danger.

"Uh?" I shutters. I never expected his mom would ask me this kind of question, "Because I- I love him and his daughter," I manages to answer it.

"Not because of his money?" His mom asked.

Please Mark, save me.

"No. Not because of his money. I love him," Money? I don't give a single about his money.

"Do you know what Mark just told me?" She never stopped shooting me nerve-wrecking questions.

"Wha- t?"

"He said he want to cancel this wedding."

What?

And why?

Why suddenly?

"Wha- what?" I was shaking. I’m scared to hear the reason why.

"He don't want to get married with you. Do you know why?" His mom seems very scary at this point and she's not the lovely mother that I used to know. There was no more her lovely smiles and no more soft angel-like voice. All I sees now is her sharp glare and her deep voice giving warning to me.

"Why?"

"You killed your mom, didn't you?"

What? Tell me this is a jokes.

"I killed w- who?" I asked, needed a second to rewind the sentence in my head.

"You heard me. Your mom. You killed your mom, right? That's why she's dead,"

I’m speechless. What is this?

"What?" I almost whispering, "Why would I kill my mom?" This was getting too much for me to handle.

"How would I know why? You know the answer yourself! Why did you kill your mom?" She glared.

"I didn't. I didn't kill her."

"There's no murderers in this world that would admit they had killed someone."

"But I really didn't kill her. You cannot accuse me without a proof," I didn't have any intentions to rising my voice, but this is too much for me.

"Your dad is the proof. That's why when Mark asked about your dad, you didn't answer it."

My dad?

"I don't even know what or how he's doing now. I don't even know where he is. How can I answer Mark when he asked me?" My tears started to spill out. How can this turn out like this?

"You know for the fact that you kill your own mother and you didn't want Mark to get in touch with him because you're scared your secret would be exposed."

"No, I didn't. It's been 15 years since the last time I saw him. I don't even know if he is still alive or not," I spilled out everything. I’m being very honest.

"I don't know if you are saying the truth or-"

"I'm saying the truth. I don't have anything to hide about," I cut off the elder's words.

"Whatever it is, take this money and go. Mark don't want to see you anymore," She give out an envelope.

What?

"No, I need to explain to Mark first. If he want me to go then I will go but give me a chance to explain," I begged.

All of this was a misunderstanding and I swear I didn't kill my mom. I doesn't know how Mark ended up with this false news and wants to cancel the wedding. If that's what he wants then fine but I don't want this family to keep accusing me as a killer.

"Mark don't want to come here if you don't go. You know how much Irene missed her daddy, right?"

"Yes, but I still need to explain and I'll leave this place. Please, just give me a chance," I sobs. I misses Mark so much and now this is what I gets in return for loving and missing someone?

"I will give you a chance and I will tell Mark that you left so he will come here but after you make yourself clear, you have to go."

"Thank you and I will go after that," I said bowing down my head before going upstairs and going into my room that I had been staying in for the past 2 weeks. I locked the door and let all my tears out as I dropped myself on the floor.

 

-----

 

I woke up hearing the little girl talk to me on the opposite side of the door as I sleep on the floor in front of the door. I looked at the time to see that I had let the whole day go by as I cried and at some point fell asleep.

"Mommy, let's eat,"

It's Irene.

I got up and looked at myself in the mirror. I had swollen cheeks and red eyes. Irene can't see me like this.

"Mommy!" Irene knocked again. She must not knowing what's going on.

"Honey, you go first, I will come later," I said on the other side of the door where the little girl waits for me.

"Okay."

With that, Irene leaves. I dropped myself on the floor once again. Also not knowing what's going on. How did things end up to be like this? I’m going to marry Mark in 3 days but now he wants to cancel it because of something that I didn't do.

Because of this misunderstanding. Mark hasn't even heard any explanations from me yet. He can't make me leave just like that. I’m not even deserve this treatment because I didn't do that.

If he want to cancel this wedding, I’m fine with it. Better cancel than divorce. Things weren't always going well anyways. If he want me to go then I will but I must clear up things first. I must explain so this whole family will not accuse me as a killer.

Irene. What about her?

I don't have any ideas of this yet. I’m not someone who always break a promise but this is all Mark's fault. Of course Mark doesn't want a killer to be the mom for his daughter. And how can Mark suddenly say that I killed my mom?

 

-----

 

IRENE

Guys, finally, daddy is here!

"Baby," He kneels down and hugs me and as I cried. I miss him so much. I really miss him so badly.

Doesn't mommy miss him too? Why isn't mommy coming out?

"I miss you," Daddy said as we pull apart from our hug.

"I miss you so much daddy but where is uncle?" I hugged him again and asked because I didn't see them. Aren't they supposed to come with daddy?

"How are you?" He asks not answering my question. I'm glad to see my daddy smiling again. I'm very happy that I really want to hug daddy all the time.

"I'm good and you?" I chuckled.

"I'm good too." Daddy grinned.

"But, mommy doesn't feel good. She didn't come out since last night," I said.

It's true, since last night, mommy said she will come out but she didn't and in the morning she didn't come out too. It's was evening and she still locked herself in room.

"Mommy?" Daddy asked as he face turned to red. "Ma!" Daddy shout while looking at grandma before standing up. "You told -"

"She wants to explain. Let's hear what she want to say first," Grandma said.

What is this? Explain what?

"There's nothing to explain. I already got the answer."

"You can't just hear from just one side. Hear from her too," Aunty Sara interrupt.

"You know nothing!" Daddy shout and send a glare to Aunty Sara.

"Yes, I know nothing. I don't know what's going on as I only heard the story from you but I need to hear hers first before she's go." Aunty Sara replied.

"Who is going?" I asked.

Is it only me who don't know about this?

"Mark..." I turned to look at the voices and found mommy is standing at the stairs. She looked miserable and lost.

"Mommy, daddy is here." I exclaimed excitedly.

"Get out," Daddy said without looking at mommy.

"You have to listen me first," Mommy replied.

"I don't want to hear anything," Daddy spat back.

What is this about actually?

"It's not fair for me if -"

"Do you think this is fair for me?" Daddy walk towards mommy. Their gap between them only a feet away, "You said you didn't want to hide anything and now I hear this from your own dad. Is it fair for me?" Daddy's deep voice always made me scared.

"Sit down and we will discuss nicely." Grandma said as she takes a sit on the couch.

"There's nothing to discuss with this killer. Just go now!"

Killer?

Pang!

What?

Mommy slapped daddy?

"I will go if you want me to go but never ever call me a killer because I didn't killed anyone. If you don't want to listen to my explanation, that's fine. But, if you know the truth after I go, I don't want you looking for me and begging me for an apology," Mommy said and she takes out a photo from her pocket

"Is this the man who came to you and said I killed my own mom?" Mommy asked while showing daddy a picture of a man sitting down on the bench at the park.

Daddy takes a look while his cheeks are a shade of red.

"No, not this man."

"Then he's not my dad because the man in this photo is my real dad. He didn't even care about me for 15 years and now he suddenly comes back and claims I killed my mom? I don't even know how his looks now and do you think he will know how do I look now?" Mommy starts crying.

What is actually happen? I thought everythi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter