011

A Wife For My Dad
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

IRENE

"Baby, come on. I don't want to see that bitter face of yours." Daddy say as he bend down his knees to reach the same level as my height.

We're in the airport. Daddy send us before he's going to his office and doing his work. Last day to see daddy before I get to see him in 2 weeks later. Daddy is so cruel.

How can he let me go without him?

"Do we have to go now?" I asked as I look at my grandpa. I'm not reply to whatever daddy said. I'm sulking and that's because of him.

"No, we’ll go in 30 mins." Grandpa replied while smiling to me. Trying to make me feel better. Everyone knows that I'm sulking.

"You really want to leave me, don't you?" Daddy asked me with his teary eyes.

"Mark..." it was mommy's voice.

"It's fine. I can go now." Daddy said as he stand up and shake his hands with grandpa.

"Mark, this is not right." Mommy said softly to daddy but I can hear it.

"She don't need me." Daddy replied and shakes his hands with grandma before kissing her forehead and telling her to have a safe journey.

I know daddy is angry with me. He's hurt with my behaviour but I'm hurt too. He can always pushed back his works and follow me but he don't want to do that.

He's hugging with mommy and bend down kiss my forehead, before walk away. I see as daddy walk without turning his head back at us, at me.

Daddy, it's hurt, right? That's what I feel right now when you don't want to follow me. When you can always choose me over your plenty works. When you say you will never leave me but you just did.

-----

"How is she?" Mark talk over his phone with his future wife.

It's been 17 hours since the last time he saw his family. And now it's 2 in the morning when he just back from his office and saw a message from Jiyeon before directly call her after read it.

"She's okay but she's sad, Mark."

"I'm sad too." Mark lying down on his bed.

"I know that. Come on, be strong. You're going to come in 13 days."

"It feel like 13 years."

"It's worth to wait. By the way, your sister is pretty."

Mark chuckled over the line, "You met her?"

"Yeah, I did. She's so sweet and she's mad at you, if you want to know."

Mark frowned, "Why?"

"Because you let your daughter come without you. And, she saw how sad Irene was, if I'm not mistaken, she said she's going to slaughter you when you landed here."

Mark laughed, hearing those jokes that his sister make of, "Yeah, she said that since I was 16 years old but look I'm alive till now."

He can hear Jiyeon was laughing at the other line, over his phone, "I want to talk with Irene." Mark blurted out suddenly.

"Oh! Wait, I will get to her."

"Irene, daddy want to talk with you." He can hear Jiyeon was talking with Irene but he don't know what expression on Irene face.

"Mark..." and her voice come back, he know Irene didn't want to talk with him.

Why must this thing happen?

"I understand." Mark replied, "Just give her kisses like I always do." His soft voice lingering over the quiet house.

"I will and Mark, please take care always. Do not skip meals and call me every day."

"You've being very bossy." Mark chuckled.

"I'm worried about you."

"Don't worry, baby. I know how to take care of myself. You..., can you please take a look at Irene and let me know if anything, okay?"

"Don't worry, Mark. I got it."

"Then, I will hang up now. Bye."

"Bye..."

-----

IRENE

How much I want to talk with daddy right now but I'm being extremely stubborn because this is about feelings we talked about. About how much I miss him, how mad I am with him and how disappointed I am when he didn't even glanced at me. I'm being overacting, again.

But, then it's always me. Like always. I lose mommy, but the God replace it with aunty Jiyeon. I lose Areum and Sofia but I had Daehyun who was loyal stay by myside. Now, I don't want to lose my daddy.

"Irene, your daddy miss you." Mommy come and seat beside me before kissing my cheeks.

"I miss him too." I replied softly.

"Then, why you don't want to talk with him?"

"I think I will cry." Yes, I will definitely cried and I can't handle it.

"You always can cries. You have me, I will hug you and listen to your cry. I can always listen to your problems too."

I look at her, her beautiful face, her soft cheeks, her long hair, and her white teeth. She's perfect and suit my daddy very well.

This pretty girl, is a wife for my daddy.

"Mommy, I don't want to lose daddy." I'm lose. I cried again and mommy never fails to make me warmth. She hugged me tightly as she don't want to let me go.

"Honey, you're not going to lose daddy. Okay? And, daddy will come and you will see him again. As for now, we have phone to cover up our missing to each other." She persuaded me.

"I don't know but I'm hurt so much, mommy. My heart is throbbing that I can't breathe properly. I'm sorry but I miss my mommy and daddy right now and I want daddy to be here." I cried so badly and my head is started to hurting me just thinking how much I miss him. How regret I am to being rude with him just now.

"I may not be the same as your mommy, but honey I'm trying my best. And, I miss daddy too, dear. You can't be like this. You've to be strong. We'll rely to each other and we will make daddy happy. Okay?"

I nodded in return. Her words always soft and I love her so much more than anyone else.

-----

From the kitchen, Sara and her mom peek by the wall looking to the beautiful girls who was crying on the couch while hugging each other.

What a nice views.

"She's kind." Sara blurted out while helping her mom preparing lunch.

"Yes, that's why your brother fall in love with her. And she know how to treat Irene." Her mom replied while cleaning fishes in the sink.

"She's pretty too, and why she's didn't come with her family?" Sara was curious when she's come alone without anyone by her side of her family.

"She don't have any siblings and her mom dead and I think she don't hav

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter