025

A Wife For My Dad
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

JACKSON

“I didn’t expect it could affected her so much.” I began to speak as I drive over the main road. Diana stare out of the window and Soori were sleeping. The silence is killing me.

“It’s my fault.” Diana say quietly.

“Yes, it’s you. Why are you so concern about her? Why forcing her?” Her mom seems irritated.

“I just want her to meet her father. I just want to help her.” Diana replied.

“Help yourself first. Are you settle up with Jackson already? If no, concern about your matters first.”

“Can you quiet mom? You make me dizzy.”

“Diana…” I warned her. At least, respect is needed here.

“How can I be quiet? You make me embarrassing. Look how she kick us just now. I do have pride.”

“No, she didn’t kick us. She just rushing to go LA.” I said half lying and half true though. At least Jiyeon didn’t say that words in front of her mother but still a little rude when Jiyeon didn’t bid them a goodbye when they get out.

Hell, who’s going to say goodbye after all the things that happen just now?

“Jiyeon said you abused her and her mom, dad. Is it true?” Diana speak out again.

“Yes.” And her father doesn’t seems like can hide about it anymore.

“Why you didn’t tell me? Why you do that?” Her voice may seems slow and tired but I know she still wanted to keep talking about this and there’s an anger feelings inside her.

“Her mom just don’t know how to spend her time with her husband instead of wasting it with her own daughter.” Her mom keep interrupt.

“That doesn’t mean dad can hit them.” Diana reply.

“It’s my family matter. You guys don’t have to interfere. Soojung, from now on, don’t talk about me in front of Jiyeon.” Her dad said make everyone quiet.

-----

JIYEON

I stare at the window from my bedroom looking as they drove away from my house and disappeared within my sight and I let out a sighed. Her mother might think I am rude, father might think I am conceited and Diana may say I am very arrogant but I’m not going to let my heart hurt again because of the same man.

“Jiyeon,” Jaebum appeared while holding Irene, “Are you okay? Irene called me and ask me to come here.”

“I’m fine, can we go now?” I asked as I close my luggage.

“It’s still early.” He reply.

“But, Irene still not eating and I didn’t cook anything. Let's stop by the restaurant.”

“Okay, I’ll wait with Irene downstairs while you getting ready.” He said and ready to go before I stop him,

“Can you take Irene’s luggage to downstairs? It’s in her room.”

“Sure. Don’t forget her passport and you.”

“Yes, it’s in my handbag.” And Jaebum nodded before walk out from the room giving me time to prepare and getting ready.

Jaebum is a good man. He just like to plays around with girls and the entire province known him and he get entitled ‘The Hot Playboy’ but girls never scare as they still trying to approach him and ask him to marry them but turned out he reject them. The other 3 boys were same but once they got their woman, they had stopped all of this behaviour.

Jaebum might be stop when he meet with his woman too, just he still didn’t get any chance to meet her yet. Maybe one day, we just need to pray for him so he will get someone good for him for the rest of his life.

And talking about the boys, I wonder if I still his woman. I mean, Mark’s woman. Like, I know he’s mad at me because I choose to stay here instead of follow him back to LA, but can he not be a childish for once? Did he know I miss him like crazy? I feel like I want to sharpen the knife and skinned him alive.

-----

MARK

Today is the day. The two girls that I missed very much will come today. It’s give a sharp pain inside me because I miss my wife but I’m being myself, with full of egotistical, I ignore her calls, ignore her messages and didn’t talk with her at all. But, I know she’s okay. Conspired with my daughter wasn’t bad idea at all.

And another thing make my head dizzy and almost burst out of explosion is my sister, Sara. Chen know every time I came to police station he will need to swallow my swear words that I throw to him. And, to be honest why they so slow? How can they didn’t get any of her trace yet? And, this girl where did she go for real? Can she just come back and stop with this game? It wasn’t fun at all.

“Mark, where’s your sister?” My mom asked as she walk slowly from upstairs to seat across me on couch.

She seems terrible and miserable. She didn’t eat properly. But, with Jinyoung here, he helped me to care my mom. I know my dad tired, he need to handle things in office and worried about his daughter. It’s hard for us and can my wife be with me already now?

“Mama, they still couldn’t find her yet.” I reply as I glance over my phone.

“Why she didn’t come back home? Did we gave her a hard time here?” She mumbled slowly as she stare blankly at the television.

“Ma… it’s not like that. She just anywhere and couldn’t contact us. Maybe she lose her phone.” I said, trying to convenience her a good things.

“Did she hate me?”

“Ma, stop it. Have you eat?” I asked as I walk to seat beside her. She need to stop with all this devil thought. It may make her worst more.

“I don’t want to eat. I want your sister.” She dropped her head on my shoulder and I her arm.

“You’ve to eat, ma. What if Sara come back and she see you like this? She will scold me because not giving you foods.” I frowned.

“Will she come back?” She look at me.

“Of course. She have to come back.” I tried to make her believe my sister will come back even I’m not so sure about it. Sometimes we need to lie so we will not hurting the person that we love.

-----

JIYEON

We arrived LA at night and Jaebum is the one who settle up everything, from landed to taxi matters, he’s the one who make the call and that husband of mine should be ready to get a hit from me. If only the airport didn’t have tight secure I might bring that sharp knife from my kitchen. The death of him!

“Did you want to go anywhere before we arrive his home?” Jaebum asked after finish putting the luggage inside the car’s .

“No, let’s get straight to house. I’m worry about ma.” I need to choke my husband.

“Alright.”

And, with that the taxi driver drove over the main road, passing by the big city and the colourful street light. Somehow, it makes my heart a bit calm and I feel ease looking away through

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter