033

A Wife For My Dad
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

MARK

I know. Everyone asked me, why, why, why Mark? Why now? Can't you wait a little bit until she successful deliver your baby? Why are you not thinking about her health?

"I know she tells you about me. From the way you look at me, I know you hate me. But, I don't have much time. I want to get back with her, spending time that I didn't get all this time. I know she won't accept me that's why I ask you for a help. I know you can help me."

This old man beside me, sincerely talk to me about his feelings. How much he regret for leaving his daughter and divorced his wife. 

"This cancer inside is killing me. I accept it, I know this is the punishment that I should received because hurting my wife and daughter. No matter how much I regret about it, it won't make my wife come back alive. Jiyeon won't accept me either. But, if you could persuade her, she will come to me."

"I won't fall to it. You deserve it. I won't persuade her."

"You are the only person I can ask for. I'm not asking her to live with me, or come back to me. Just one day, Mark. I want to spend my whole day with her. Just one day. After that I won't disturb her anymore."

"Who else know about your cancer?"

"No one know..."

This is so frustrating! 

A father knows he wouldn't live any longer, and dying for his daughter forgiveness and asked me for a help. But, Jiyeon being Jiyeon. Her heart has closed for him and rejected him for a long time. So, how should I help him? 

"What are you thinking of, Mark? You put her in danger!"

"Ma, I just... " I don't know how to tell my family. 

"Please, don't tell anyone."

"Mr. Tuan?" As soon I heard the voice, calling out my name I wake up from my seat and listen to the doctor. 

"Can we talk in my room?"

And I follow her as soon I nodded my head. Leaving my parents as they entered the room that my wife being placed. 

"Sit down." The doctor said. "Okay, so Mr. Tuan. Your wife having a stressful day, I think?" She asked me. 

How should I answer her. It's me who make her be like this. "There's some negative events occur suddenly." I said while fumbling my fingers together. 

"And her blood pressure increase, she fainted and her eyes swollen. I really hope you can help your wife, Mr. Tuan. If she need someone to listen to her problems, you will be the one who will listen to her rant."

I keep quiet as I listen to her words. 

"She almost end her second trimester. If this happens often, it can lead to the baby health. She might miscarriage just because of stress out."

"Doctor, actually, she is parting away from her father ever since she was young. And, now her father comeback and there's unexpected things happened, she cried a lot and yeah, she's having a bad day."

"If her father come back make her feels good, keep doing it. If not, let her stay away from her father until she successful deliver. If she miscarriage on her first pregnancy, the next time she might have problems to pregnant again."

This is too much. I should have known better. I just making two of my precious souls in danger. This is really too much. 

As I entered the ward, I saw my parents with Irene and my 3 other friends. Irene already slept while Jackson hold her up. Ah, my pity daughter. 

My wife still unconscious. I rub Irene's hair and kiss her forehead. "Can you guys bring my parents to home? I will accompany Jiyeon here."

"Sure, Mark. Call us if you need anything." Jackson said and they all walk out from the ward. It's getting late anyway. They need to rest, they need to sleep. 

Me? I need to take care of my wife. She need to recover. She need me and I need her. That night it feels so long to sun appears. The cold approaching somehow it feels till my bones. Such a shivering night. I just wanted her to wake up and talk to me again. That's all. 

 

-----

 

I feel like my back are broke and it hurts so bad. As I turn myself away, I saw my wife starring at the ceiling. "Jiyeon!" I'm shocked! "Oh my god, are you okay?" I asked as I hold up her face. 

But, she didn't flinch at all. She just keep starring at the ceiling. "Baby, talk to me. Are you okay?"

"Shut up." And she close her eyes as her back facing me.

"Baby, I, "

"Shut up or go out." She cut me off. 

Oh god. 

I change my position and face her. I seat on the bed beside her and she was closing her eyes. "Baby, I'm really sorry."

And she stay quiet. 

"Okay, I know it's my biggest mistake and it's make me look so stupid for doing that. But, I have my own reason. I have to. I don't want you regret in the future an -" 

"I don't want to hear anything." She open her eyes. 

"Baby, please."

"You don't want this baby, don't you?"

What? 

"What are you talking about? Of course I want. He is my child!"

"You know I'm tired, right?"

"I know. I know baby. I'm sorry. Seriously." I look into her eyes and I'm regret of everything I did to her. She seems so tired and like gonna surrender at any time.

"Okay." She replied and stay quiet again.  

"Baby, talk to me."

"We don't have anything to talk about."

"Baby,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter