006

A Wife For My Dad
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

JIYEON

"Can you be my mommy?"

That words make me stunned. Be her mommy? That’s was totally unexpected. I never thought that Irene would ask this question to me. It just ridiculous. Did she really means for it?

I chuckled, "Honey, what are you talking about? I know you bored, but this kind of jokes is -"

"It's not a jokes. I'm serious." Her tone changed. I look at a little girl in front of me, and when realization hit me, I know she’s not kidding. She's being serious.

"I'm sorry. I thought it was a jokes." I said. "I don't know what I should to say,"

"Are you married?" Irene asked.

Jiyeon shook her head, "No, I'm not. I'm single."

"Then? You don't want to be my mommy?" Irene being straight forward. She seems rushing as someone would scold her if that person hear out of this conversation.

"It's not that I don't want to be your mommy. But -"

"But? But, you don't love me so you can't be my mommy?" She cut me off.

"No, honey. I love you. I do love you. But, it's not easy. Be your mommy means I need to married with your daddy." I explained.

"Then, marry him."

I laughed, yeah little girl never understand what an adult had been through. So, she will just said everything she wants without thinking the effect.

"We can't get married if we didn't love each other. It doesn't work." I said. It's true.

Marriage without love never worked. It will never ended with happiness. It's always divorces. The solution would always a divorces. And, how much Jiyeon hate to divorces, before it happen she avoid it from happen for real.

"But, daddy love you."

What?

Mark love me?

"No, honey. You must be mistaken. Your daddy not love me. He just care about me because I'm your maid." I explained. It’s nonsense. There's no way Mark would lover me even when I actually already fall to Mark since Mark hold my hand while crossing the road at the airport. And, I am dealing with Mark to not fall to him

Do not fall in love with him.

"No, daddy love you. Uncle Jackson said, daddy love you that's why he asked you to seat beside him just now."

I let out a laughter, Irene is so cute, and some sort of dangerous kid because she always believe what people told her. "No, Uncle Jackson is kidding with you." But, deep in my heart, only God knows how much I want it to be real.

Irene lowered down her head, starred at the white blanket that cover her legs, "I need mommy." Slow but enough for me to hear it. And, its broke my heart.

"I'm here, honey. You can take me as your mommy but I can't married with your daddy. Can you?"

Irene lifted up her head, "Will you stay with me forever even after daddy is married with someone else?"

I’m clueless, "No, I'm not. I'll go."

"And I don't want that to happen." She replied.

"But, you will have a new mommy who can take care you and your daddy. You going to be a happy girl." I tried to cheer her up after I caught a sad tone in her voice.

"I want you only one to be my mommy, and that's all. Full stop." Irene said before wrapped herself under the white blanket and laid down, pretend to sleep.

I let out a sigh. Irene just another smart child. She know what she want, she will try hard to get it, and she will win over whatever she want. Mark's spoiled her ever since she's born, so this is the result. She's not going to hear any other excuses because whatever she want, she will get it!

 

-----

 

I waited outside after Irene ignored me and pretend to sleep. I just make Irene upset. And when Mark come later, Irene going to ignore me and if Mark realise that, he's going to ask why, so I need to explain before all of that happen.

I wake up from her seat when I saw Mark was walking coming from the elevator, "What are you doing here? Where's Irene?" Was the first words that he asked after see I was lingering over hall way.

"We need to talk." I said. I may seem desperate and messed but, to be honest, yes I am. I am desperate to explain the whole that happened so the father would understand me and help me out.

"Okay, about what?" Mark asked when he take a seat beside me on the chair.

"Irene. I just make her upset." I be honest. I want to ended this fast.

"Why? What happen?" Mark keep on asked.

"She asked me to be her mommy," I said and stopped to see Mark's reaction, but he didn't say anything. So, I continued, "And I said I can't. So, she's upset with me just now and pretend to sleep. She don't want to talk with me."

"You don't want to be her mommy?"

WHAT?

"What?"

"You said you can't be her mommy. You don't want to be her mommy?" Mark turn and look at me who was looking at him in confuse.

"Mark, you know I can't." I snapped.

Is he kidding me?

"Yes, I know! That's because we had a deal. If you talk to me before gave her answer, you know I can take back what I said before."

"No!" My voice rise up, "You can't do that."

"I can! Why not? For my daughter!"

"I'm not a toy. I've feelings."

"I know that. And Irene also got a feelings. You know she was sick now and her body was weak and I just left you a while with her but you already make her sad."

"Then what should I do? She asked me to be her mommy!"

"Just say yes! When her condition getting better, she's going to forget about it."

"No, I'm not going to lie to her!" Our voice keep getting louder.

"Sorry, but this is hospital, please low down your voices or please arguing outside from hospital." A nurse approached us and warned us.

I said sorry to her before continue to discussed.

"This is nonsense, Mark. I thought when I told you, you would help me explain to Irene but now you put a blame on me?"

"I don't want to make her sad." He lowered down his tones.

"Me too. I told you that."

"You just make her sad."

"I don't have a choices. It is better to be honest with her now or she will hurt later."

"Are you hate me that much?" He suddenly asked.

What is he talked about?

"I'm not hate you. I never hate you. Who said I hate you?"

"Th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter