028

A Wife For My Dad
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

MARK

I kill a killer. That wasn’t wrong. I’ll kill him, yes my wife is true, I’m going to kill him and give his corpse to police and they will burn out his corpse. Only than the death of Sara could be fair. I promised her I’ll find justice for her. At least I am helping police searching for him.

“Jimmy, come out! Jimmy!” I raged over his hidden apartment. I’ve money. I can always hired a private investigator to track him and that wasn’t hard at all.

“JIMMY!”

“Ehey, who are you to broke into my apartment!?” He come out from who want to know where with his only short pant.

“Is that even important for you to know?” I snapped out. He such a disgusting. He does not deserve to be called human.

“I’ll report to police –“

“That will make my work even easier then. Go on.” I challenge him as I take out my pistol that I tucked in within my belt.

“Who are you bastard? What do you want from me?” He seems scary as I pointed the pistol to him.

“Why are you killed her?” I asked straight away.

“Kill who? I didn’t kill anyone!” He step back as I come near him.

“Sara Tuan! Your girlfriend isn’t it?” I stop as I saw his back touch the white wall. “Why you killed her?”

“I didn’t ki- kill her!” He shout.

“Don’t lie to me!” I shout back to him, “Don’t you ever dare to lie with me. I will shoot you right away if you not honest with me.”

“I’m n-“

“Why did you kill her!?”

“I say I didn’t kill her!”

CREAK!

The sharp, non-resonant note, like the noise made by striking a cracked pot, made by percussion of subcutaneous emphysema echoing in the apartment as he look at me in horror. I shoot the vase on his left side.

“I won’t give you warning if I want to shoot you. I ask you nicely, why are you killing her?”

“She want to break up with me, okay! She want to break up with me just because of that Korean guy.”

Jealousy detected.

“That’s not strong enough for you to kill her. You are her boyfriend, you know you can persuaded her to keep her by your side.”

“She threatened me to report police that I her!”

“Did you!?” I asked.

“I didn’t! She willingly to have with me.” He answered in hurry.

“Then why are you so scared? Why must you kill her?”

“She’s pregnant! I asked her to abort the baby but she don’t want to do that. She don’t want that baby but ask me to take the baby and we will break up and she will marry with that Korean guy, is that fair? Do I have choices?”

“You always have a choice! But you choose to kill her. Do you know that life debt must be paid with life?”

“Who are you kill me for her? Are you that Korean guy that she love?”

“You’re talking with her brother, you know? And you just killed the wrong person. You her, abused her, kill the baby too, even hell wouldn’t take you.”

“You’re not God to judge me.”

“And who do you think you’re for taking her life!?” I point the pistol on his head.

“Mark!!!”

 

-----

 

JIYEON

I’ve bad feelings ever since morning when I wake up and my husband is nowhere to be found. Usually he will be lying next to me even I don’t know what time he did come back. And to be said now he still didn’t come back yet even though the clock strike to 11pm.

“Jiyeon, why are you still not sleeping yet?” My father-in-law coming up from nowhere greet me make me shock as I thought it was only me who still awake.

“Pa, I’m worried about Mark. He didn’t answer my calls at all.” I reply.

“Don’t worry. He’s not a kid. I know he always coming back late.”

“But, pa he didn’t coming back since yesterday.” I almost spilled out tears.

“Really?” He seems shock. Of course he do. And I nod my head as I links my both hands.

“Wait, I’ll ask Chen.” He then walk away to make a phone call, leaving me alone again in the living room, walking forth and back while biting my finger nail.

“Chen will come. He also didn’t contact Mark almost a week.”

“Papa, I’m scared.” I said as my voice began to tremble.

“Relax Jiyeon. We’ll figure out.”

Around 10 minutes later, Chen walk into the house as he put his hand on his waist, “Did he tell you anything?” He ask me and I shook my head in return.

“Mark Tuan is really challenging me.” My father-in- law said as he sigh in disappointed.

“Can you track where is him now?” I ask as I look at Chen.

“No, I can’t. His phone turned off, it’s impossible for me to track him.” He reply.

“Just ask your team to search over the places!” I almost shouting.

“Where Jiyeon? Where? I don’t have any ideas where he could be by now.”

“Chen…” I call out. It might be the biggest mistake I will do but I’ve no choices, “He owned a pis- pistol,”

“What?”

“He purchase a pistol few days ago. I don’t know what he will do with that but I’ve bad feelings about this. Please help me find him.” And my tears spilled out down to my cheeks.

“Why aren’t you tell me early?”

“I scared! I don’t want you arrest to him but –“

“Hey, get a team to Jimmy’s house now. Don’t shoot anyone.” He command over his phone.

“I’ve to go –“

“Allow me follow you, please.” I begged as he look at me disapproval before nodding his head and I get into the car with him after telling my father-in-law to stay in the house looking for Irene and my mother-in-law.

 

-----

 

When we arrived at the apartment, the door already open as the police keep in their position not to scare the people inside the apartment if they saw them. But when I get into the apartment and found my husband is pointing his gun to the man’s head I can’t help but to scream.

“Mark!”

He seems shocked as he saw a bunch of cops behind me, “Mark put down the gun and come here.” Chen command slowly.

“Don’t interfere my business Chen.” He replied as he still point the pistol to the man’s head.

“Mark…” I cried out.

“You’re the one who interfere in my case, Mark.”

“You work out so slow. He should be in hell by now.” Mark snorted.

“You’re the one who getting impatience. Now, we get him, so you have to back off. Let us finish our work.” Chen reply.

“Not until he die in my hands.” Mark growled.

“Don’t be a killer, Mark! You got a lot of women to cares of.”

“Honey, let’s go back home. Irene searching for you.” I said as my tears streaming down my cheeks. Please don’t be a killer, Mark.

“I can’t!” He shout.

“Honey, please. This is not you. You should be in bed with me right now. Please, honey don’t do this.”

“Take all of this men out from here with you or else I’m going to shoot him.” He threatened me.

“Mark Tuan!” My knees dropping on the ground as I began to feel weak, “Please, I’m begging you.”

“Jiyeon, get out!”

“No, Mark, please. Listen to me.”

“You know why I’m doing this right?” He ask me.

“Yes, I know. I know very well but this is not the way.”

“This is the only way to get justice for Sara.”

“No! No!” I raged out, “Mark, I’m hurting. You hurting me.” I cried out as I touch my chest, “Please, stop this…”

“Get. Out.”

“Mark!!!” I scream out loud make everyone stunned. “I said I’m hurt! Why don’t you help me and stop all this?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter