001

A Wife For My Dad
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

IRENE

I've been think about this for a really long time about my family. I have a great daddy and he's knows how to take care of me. Everything that I have ever asked for, he has always given it to me. But, there's one thing that I have never asked for.

A mommy.

Whenever I go to school, most of my friends get dropped off by their mommy's. And, every time there's a parent’s class activity, I am the only one who will be there with my dad. Just dad.

It's not that I'm ungrateful child and I know there's many out there where's kids have to live in orphanages with no mommy's and daddies but look! My daddy is super fantastic, handsome and a very rich man! He deserves a woman who can take care of him and also take care of me.

But, that’s not easy.

Being rich may seem like everything in the world is easy and simple but it's really not. It’s means many people will take advantage of the wealth to be wealthy and with my daddy's status, 'a single wealthy father' I'm sure it's not easy for him. My daddy taught me that I shouldn't trust people easily.

I get it but still, I need a mommy. And daddy needs a wife.

It's not like daddy doesn't take very good care of me but it’s different than having a mommy and daddy taking care of me. I just want to have a feel of how it would feel being able to cook with mommy, go shopping with mommy, and make up with mommy. I want to feel all that!

I do cook with daddy, but daddy's dishes isn't always good. Sometimes, it's very icky. I do go shopping with daddy but, daddy doesn't know how to choose skirts for me. I have only bought pants and shirts every time I go shopping with daddy. When I'm with my grandma, it's a different story. I get many dresses and skirts.

Talking about grandma, both my grandparents live all the way in LA! I want to live with them so I can go shopping with grandma and Aunty Sara but daddy didn't allow me to because he says he can't separate from me even for 5 seconds.

But here, daddy has been away from me for more than 5 hours! I end up in school and he works the day away.

So can someone tell my daddy that he can actually be separated from me for more than 5 seconds?

At pre-school, I have friends. Their names are Sofia, Areum and Daehyun. They are good friends but them always making jokes about me because I don’t have mommy. I didn't tell daddy about this because I don't want to make daddy stressed thinking about this small matter.

But, I think now is enough. I need to asked daddy for something that I never asked for.

In one sunny morning, while I sit with my daddy at the dining table to eat breakfast, "Daddy, I want mommy," was the first words that have come out of my mouth.

He seem shocked because he just cough. "What?" He asked me. I rolled my eyes. I'm sure daddy heard what I said.

"I said, I want mommy."

"Irene, you have me, right?" He says.

I know he will say that.

"I know but I still need a mommy and I know you also need mommy to be your wife."

"Alright, so who told you to tell me all this?"

"Aunty Diana."

Yes, Aunty Diana.

She told me yesterday that I should ask my dad for a mommy and I've been thinking about that too. Aunty says that lately, daddy has always been in a bad mood and seem uncontrolled so aunty suggest me to tell my daddy that he needs someone to take care of him and me.

Aunty Diana is daddy's friend. She's good and kind but not good enough to be my mommy because I saw her kissing Uncle Jackson, my daddy's best friend. So, I don't like her for that because she kissed my favourite uncle. Don't think I'm jealous! I am still small and very young to think all that. I just find it kind of weird and rude for someone like my daddy's friend to kiss my daddy's best friend.

"What did she say?"

"Aunty Diana said, daddy needs someone to take care of you because you seem messed up and has not been taking care of yourself very well. Aunty Diana says that mommy also can take care of me,"

"Who's going to be your mommy?" His question made me look at my daddy with a really pretty, beautiful, and bright also cherish smiling.

"You will find a mommy for me, right?" I ask.

"Why do I need to find a mommy for you?"

"Daddy!" and with that, my daddy bursts out laughing.

Daddy sometimes can be so mean and I feel like I want to hit him but, grandma says that I shouldn't do that to daddy. But he always turns something serious into a joke and he always does it to me!

Sometimes I hate daddy, but most of my time, I really love my daddy.

I get up from my chair and grab my small back pack. I don't want to talk with daddy anymore. I'm being serious but daddy took it as a joke.

"Hey, okay.” He grab my hand before I can go further and bend his knees to reach the same level as my height, “Baby, I'm sorry," As usual, daddy always knows how to persuade me. That's why I always love my daddy.

But sometimes, I should keep sulking so daddy can give me what I want. Daddy holds my shoulder and looks at me.

My daddy is very handsome!

"I know you need a mommy, but I can't trust anyone to be your mommy," he says softly. Daddy always has trust iss

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter