Chapter Two

That Little Something

This time, I hit the ground. Hard.

 

---

I saw Minghao pass by our class countless of times during the week but never did he bat an eye on me. My chuckles every single time it happened became weaker and weaker. Eventually, I had to surrender.

Yoon Jeonghan, a long-haired angel who sat in front of me in homeroom class, noticed my delimma and tried to get something out of me. “Hey, what’s wrong with you lately?”

“I got rejected.” I said, dejectedly. “It’s been a week since.”

Only his jaw dropped. “What? YOU got rejected?” Yoon Jeonghan had this manner of habitually making fun of other people’s problems so I wasn’t surprised by his laugh. “What kind of jerk would do that?”

“A very cute one.” I shifted my gaze towards the hallway and amazingly, Minghao passed by with his friends. He was silently waking behind a guy named Jun who apparently was also Chinese.

I smiled to myself and sighed, my eyes still locked on Minghao. I reminded myself that I had given up on him, but then he looked at me. It was brief a moment that I knew I would hold on to for a long time.

After school, I decided to go home. When I was about to exit the gates, someone grabbed me by the arm and shockingly, it was Minghao.

“Hey what’s wrong with you?” I asked him. Honestly, even if it was him – especially because it was him – it was very uncomfortable to be that close. He was practically shoving his face to mine.

“What did you say to Jun?!” he sounded angry. And while he was, I absolutely have no idea what he was talking about.

“Jun? What Jun? Jun as in Junhui? Moon Junhui?” I asked.

“Don’t play dumb, I saw you talking to him earlier behind the gym! After that, he has been ignoring me!”

Seriously, for a small kid like Minghao, he sure is strong.

“Don’t ever show up in front of me again.”

I went home hopelessly after because the guy didn't even let me explain. Before I went to sleep I recalled my day and shrugged at the terrifying thought. “I really really don’t like my day today.”

I really blew it this time. And this time, I hit the ground. Hard.

 

Author's Notes:

How's the story so far? Comment anything you like okay? I'd be happy to hear from you guys! I hope you enjoyed the update :) Thanks for dropping by again :D