Chapter One

That Little Something

The moment I realized I was wrong, I was too late.

 

--

The beating of my heart was calmer than I expected. I have been practicing what I wanted to say hundreds of times in my head; me, standing before his expressionless yet cute face. I imagined saying not the words ‘I love you’ but ‘I want to stay by your side’ to him. The same imagination pictured him opening his arms for me. For a hug.

Ha, honestly, I could only laugh.

He was slim and small, a few centimeters shorter than I was. He didn’t have a huge circle of friends but he was ALWAYS with them; laughing and eating and just hanging around. Although he only laughed along with them, he wouldn’t just talk to someone else without them. That was something I liked about him. And that likeness naturally just turned into something else.

I wanted to know him. I wanted to be a part of their circle but we were very different so I hid myself and watched him from afar. But it wasn’t long until fate us together though. We were assigned not only seatmates but also partners for chemistry class. We spent almost three months together although he didn’t laugh as much when with me compared to his friend, I was just grateful and happy I could be with him.

I stared at him for a moment, hesitating to proceed. For a moment, our eyes met, I chocked and he sighed.

“What am I doing here again?” He asked, a little bit of impatience in his tone. His broken Korean was still cute that it made me laugh… in my head.

I chocked again. “Uhm—Actually, Minghao, I uh… I have—I have something to say—to…you…“

He was five steps away from me, until he stepped forward. He didn’t stop. He came forward until he was only one foot away. He locked his eyes on mine and gave me a stern warning. “Do I really look like a person with much free time for you to be fooling around with here?”

That was definitely not the usual Minghao I know. His stare and his voice was so nerve-wracking that it was as if he was taller and bigger than I was. I hurried my brain for at least a useful excuse but nothing came out. Absolutely nothing. None. Zero.

And the moment I realized that my attempted confession was wrong, I was already too late.

It has been a week now and I haven’t seen the guy since.

 

Author's Note:

Ssup! This is my first story after how many years of not posting and this will be my first boyxboy fanfic too, so if you have any comments and suggestions, I am all ears ;) I hope you enjoyed the first chapter too. Thank you for dropping by!