Chapter Seven

That Little Something

As long as the sun won’t shine from the west… I'll never give up without a fight!

 

--

The café seemed a little busier than usual. On weekends, I become the most handsome staff of the Cabin –owned by my uncle. He told me that with my good looks, I could attract the whole school. Well, he wasn’t really right about that. Why? I will never attract the whole population of my school because Minghao will probably never ever gonna wanna visit the freakin’ shop.

I placed the next order of iced cappuccino and cheesecake to the counter and called out for the customer, “One iced cappuccino and a cheesecake for –“ I paused and looked around. I knew this day was bound to be long and tiresome. I grunted before repeating the order. “Cappuccino and cheesecake for Wen Junhui!”

“Here!” The Chinese guy proudly raised his hand from the farthest table to the counter. “That’s me. Wen Junhui!” He looked like he was having fun. “Excuse me? Can you please bring it over here please? I have a cast on my leg you see.” He then gestured towards what I assumed to be a fake cast. I looked at him and he just replied with a smirk.

I shrugged and hesitated. “What are you doing? Go and deliver the order please,” said my uncle who was a little old to be attending the cashier at a café.

“Right…” I mumbled to myself and stomped towards Jun.

“Come on, that must be a fake cast right?” I told him, placing his orders on the table.

“No, not really. You aren’t attractive enough for that kind of effort but nice idea though, thanks.” He said holding his cappuccino. “I slipped earlier while trying to run away from Minghao’s dog. His mom insisted that I go to the hospital when it’s really just a small sprain.” He said comfortably.

“Oh… How sad,” I emphasized my sarcastic tone before realizing the bigger issue. “Wait, what were you doing at Minghao’s?” I tried to compose myself. I didn’t want to sound too excited.

He just smiled, placing his hand on his check. “Not telling you, why would I?”

“Well, at least that, I saw it coming.” I started to walk backwards, it was surprising enough I lasted this long while talking to this conceited guy.

“Minghao’s coming over here though. He wanted to help me through today. It was his dog after all.” He took a sip from his cappuccino while his eyes followed something far beyond. “Here he comes.”

I swallowed gulp of air as my eyes followed the slim figure of Xu Minghao entering the room. When he was close enough, I shouted, “Welcome to the Cabin… sir…” He took a quick look at me – scanned me from head to toe and then shifted his attention to Jun. Ouch.

“Juni-Hyung.” He smiled. He sounded happy as he sat at the chair beside Junhui. I could kill myself at the moment. He looked so happy talking to the guy he likes so of course, he wouldn’t bat an eye on me.

“Would you like anything sir?” I innocently waited for a response, a ‘no, thanks’ at least but none and I had to get back to work as well. “Enjoy your time… sir…” I whispered quietly and then looked away.

The whole afternoon went by annoyingly slow as I suffered to watch the two talk and laugh comfortably to each other – Jun trying his best to initiate skinship whenever I was looking their way. Minghao on the other hand, he was just genuinely happy. His smile was just, wow. He had the biggest smile in the world at that moment, really.

I sat dejectedly at the elevated stop outside the kitchen door during my break. It fronted a small alleyway with all the other backdoors of the neighboring shops.

“Minghao looks incredibly happy. What should I do? I mean, he’ll never smile at me like that!” I destroyed my perfectly styled hair, seeing it was the only thing, destroyable. “Should I just give up? He’s got his every attention towards Junhui. Gosh I hate him.” I was about to continue my rant when someone familiar called me from outside of the alleyway.

“Hey. I need help…” By the looks of it, it wasn't really seriour but still, I wanted to help, it was Minghao after all.

 

 

Author's Note:

Heeey! Is this fic progressing too slow? I would love to hear your thoughts really! Comments and suggestions are loved!

Thanks again for dropping by! I hope you enjoyed the update. I am still agonizing whether or not I will follow the initial outline of the story. keke. Anyways, Thank you again for reading, supporting and waiting for my updates! You guys rock!