Chapter Fifteen

That Little Something

As the teacher walked in for the next class, I hurried out, following Junhui.

“Hey Kim Mingyu! Where are you going?” Our biology teacher, Yoon Hyelim shouted.

I ran back to her and explained. “Ma’am, for me, this is a matter of life and death. Please let me off the hook this once. Please!” I cried.

“Yoon Jeonghan will explain it for me. I need to go now!” I wanted to sound as desperate as those in television - you know, to make it more effective. I didn’t really wait for her to agree to my request and Jun has already grabbed my hand.

Jun lead me to the parking lot where his bicycle was. “I’ll drive. I know a shortcut to Minghao’s.” Jun drove straight through. When he were at the last block just before his house, I saw a taxi leave from the house – with someone going back inside the house.

My eyes desperately searched for Minghao as we neared but failed. I smack Jun’s back and shouted. “Faster!”

“My legs are about to fall off you know. This will be my last favor for you.” Squeezing his last amount of strength, the Chinese lad pushed through. We arrived in front of the house with him gasping for air and Jun trying to say, “Go inside the house and search for him I bet he’s still in there!” in between heavy breathes. He sat beside the gate and pretended to pass out.

I stood behind the front gate agonizing and contemplating whether I was doing the right thing or not. Did I make the right choice coming here? Did I really want this? What if he’s really gone? I place my index finger just right above the doorbell. I whispered a final prayer and closed my eyes.

The doorbell rang and I was dragged again to worst kind of reality. I still had my eyes closed and was still waiting for the door to open. Few seconds later, my finger pressed the bell again. This time I opened my eyes eagerly. I wanted to see his face. I wanted to at least know there was someone inside the house. I had to know.

I waited for at least a minute before pressing the doorbell again – for the last time. When no one came to the gate, I eventually gave up. That was definitely him. The one inside the taxi was definitely Minghao. It’s over. It’s over. I will never see him again. How tragic is this life?

Minghao’s image flashed back to my mind again. His cute smile. His eyes and his ears. I saw them fade away. With one final sigh, I turned around and left for the gate. I really, really wanted to cry. I felt like my chest was about to burst.

I continued to walk towards Jun when suddenly someone called out from the gate.

Excited and overwhelmed, I turned around and saw – not Minghao. It wasn’t him. I mean, he looked like him (a bit) but it wasn’t him. His little brother maybe? His ears were small and cute and pops out his head, just like Minghao’s. He was thin like him too.

“Excuse me, where you the one ringing the doorbell multiple times because you are killing us. What do you want from this house? Sir?” His tone went from angry to slow. “Who are you looking for?”

I smiled. “Haha. No one. I wasn’t really looking for no one.”

“So pressing the doorbells of some random houses are your kind of fun?” he sounded annoyed. “I did not come here for nothing sir. What do you want?”

I chuckled half-heartedly and clapped my hands and acted out, “Sorry. Sorry, I think I mistook your house for someone else’s sorry about that.” I gave him a little bow and started to back off. When I was walking backwards, Jun suddenly butted in.

“Is he there?” he said. He looked way better now.

“Oh! Junhui-hyung?” the mini-Minghao said in surprise and as if it wasn’t too perfect, the real Minghao opened the door in his cute pink pajamas. He looked like he just woke up. His hair was so messy and his face was a little bloated.

“Hey, what’s taking so long? Who is that?” he scratched his head in irritation.

“Hyung. It’s Junhui-hyung. I guess they’re looking for you?”

I stood there probably looking like an idiot. I was pretty sure I was smiling too.

Minghao still looked a little disoriented and confused but when he finally saw me, his eyes widened. “Oh, Kim Mingyu! What are you doing here?”

"Why would you go back to China?" I asked. I followed him to his room and ranted to Minghao who was lying lazily on his bed trying to stay awake. "Are you ashamed? Are you afraid?"

He waved his hand in disagreement. "Hey, I skipped class to see you you know, what's the deal?"

"Kim Mingyu, you are so noisy. Please shut up. I want to sleep." He covered his head with the biggest pillow on his bed. "Close the door."

"What is wrong with you? Seriously, I'm talking to you right now." I asked. "Close the door!" He shouted with his cute voice. I ignored him.

"Let me hear an explanation, come on. I don't want you to leave yet you know," Minghao stood up looking angry at me and walked to the door.

"Damn it Mingyu I said. Close. The. Door." He said and pushed the door to a close. His eyes were angry alright. He looked annoyed as hell.

"Well?" I tried to sound fine. "Are you going to leave for China?"

“Who the heck told you that I was leaving for China?” He asked annoyed and mad. He walked towards me with glaring eyes. I looked at him. Minghao could be really scary sometimes. He continued to scare me that I had to step backwards. He looked me in the eye and cupped my head with both of his hands.

 

 

Author's Note:

Can you imagine an actual mini-Minghao and like they'd have a b-boy dance battle and stuff and they'd be both thugs towards life??!! I JUST KILLED MYSELF WHILE WRITING THAT SCENE. HAHAHAHA. Enjoy the cliffhanger guuuuys! Love you! Will update soon! <3 Comments and Subscriptions are loved, as always.