Chapter Eleven

That Little Something

The air, the clouds and the sky.

 

--

After what was supposed to be the best day of my life, everything went to an end. It was like nobody knew me. No one was annoying me, and no one was teasing me. Everything normal.

Jun was walking just fine when I saw him talking to his classmates along the hallway and Minghao didn't seem to be tailing him. That's new. Minghao didn't really talk to me and acted as if nothing happened the other day. The guy has an illness I tell you. Why is he so good at pretending?

 

After a short span of time though, Jun started bugging me again. This time, without Minghao. I wanted to get angry at him but I remembered about his little play the last time.

"Thanks. For the other day." I said. Jun made a face. "I mean, you didn't come to the movie--" "Trust me. I didn't do that because I wanted to." He said in his own egocentric way of his. Junhui is someone who you wouldn't really like at the first glance. I watched him as he walked away all bossy and mighty.

 

--

 

"Yah. I thought you were friends with Junhui and Minghao from China. Can't you ask some help for my book review please. I have no idea what the book is about." Yoon Jeonghan whinned as we walked through the hallway.

"Who said I was friends with them?" I asked defensively.

"Hey, you talk to them from time to time. I know that much you know." he said.

"Just because I talk to them doesn't really mean I'm friends with them. You know that much don't you?" I retorted. Jeonghan pouted. "Why were you on your phone during Literature Class anyway? If yoy just listened during class, it wouldn't have been this troublesome."

"I was messaging important childhood friends. You can't blame me if I had to adjust to the time. Although one friend lives here in Korea, the other one's from the states. We had to do something about the time."

"Fine. Fine." When we were about to exit the hall, a familiar voice called out to me.

"Hey." Junhui walked over to us. "I can help you with your homework if you like." He smiled.

"Good." I said while absent-mindedly pushing Jeoghan towards Jun. "You two take care of it." I smiled and went off. That was close.

I don't know why I didn't want to be around Jun that time but being with him or anywhere near him, is just something so uncomfortable for me.

After baiting my best friend, I went to the rooftop where I thought I was going to get some fresh air. When I arrived, I saw Minghao's figure looking at the vast sky. I didn't want to disturb him really but I wanted to get some fresh air myself. Hah.

"Hey." I said as I leaned towards the railing. He ignored me. Of course. I stood silently besides him, feeling the tranquility the air, the clouds and the sky was giving us.

I stared at the blue sky colored with the cotton candy clouds and sighed. No matter how I look at it, I can't really be happy like carefree happy. Things just don't add up. I mean it's not like my life depends on this but my curiosity is killing me. What did Jun want? What DOES he want?

I remembered his whisper while I carried him to the taxi, "Don't get hurt." and his "Trust me. I didn't do that because I wanted to" statement. This is rather vexing and my life is already annoying as it is.

After gathering some strength and words (and voice), I asked the Chinese guy. "Minghao. What am I to you? Do you like me? Even if it’s just as a friend?"

He then faced me with an expression I wish I hadn't seen.

 

Author's Note:

Hello hello! I'm made an update since my meeting with my adviser got postoned. Guess when? TOMORROW. wow.

How was the update? I'm very good at giving cliff hangers aren't I? Hahaha. Enjoy your day readers, subscribers and friends! Thanks for checking this story out! Love lots!~