Chapter Six

That Little Something

The smell of trouble is frightening.

 

--

I tried my best to avoid the guy the following week at school. I tried my best act normal in front of Jeonghan as well. Because even an angel can be a fallen one. And yes, he does love to tease and blackmail me and other stuff.

It was my pride and dignity that kept me avoiding Minghao. Well, in addition to the fact that I might have went overboard trespassing his precious lips. But, this may sound absurd and crazy, but why did I think that Minghao actually kissed back? Or was it just my imagination?

Either way, I didn’t want to see that boy. At all. (Yet, maybe)

I was on crouching, trying to get my can of soda from the vending machine at school when I saw a pair of legs stand beside me. The legs were thin but I was sure it wasn’t Minghao’s. When I looked up, Wen Junhui was smiling down on me. I stood up.

“So you like Minghao?”

I almost forgot to breathe.

“I saw you in the library last Saturday.”

Oh crap.

“So he’s the reason why you outright rejected me?” Jun was handsome no doubt about that, but he gave this evil vibe too. That bothered me a lot. “What to do? Minghao likes me though…”

I couldn’t believe what he just said. I was embarrassed and speechless while Jun walked away humming a very happy tune. The guy was even hopping happily like a sick and merciless psycho.

“Aah. Seriously, what’s going on right now?” I ranted to no one.

Later that day, when I was walking outside the school gates, there was Jun silently waiting for someone. I’d avoided the thought that he was waiting for me. I didn’t want to start trouble so I stopped and just stared at him.

Wen Junhui was a budding Chinese guy almost six feet tall with a slim and small face, and a rather charismatic appeal. He looked like a beautifully made sculpture when he stood there, sunset beaming on his face. I didn’t really notice at first but beside him, was an even more beautiful creature.

Minghao was on his head phones, eyes closed and knees on his chest. His head was slightly banging to the music while his fingers tapped along. He looked like a cherubim enjoying himself. I was pretty I was looking at him too much and if he saw me, he would just glare at me. Good response or not, I still didn’t want to face him. It would just humiliate myself up until the next who knows how many years to come. Seeing him was enough, I thought. 

Silently, I turned and walked away. Honestly, I would have called out to Jun if it weren’t for Minghao being there. Knowing Jun he might use the poor guy against me. Ain’t freakin’ happening.

“This is not what I hoped for… What in the world is… ugh…” I sighed and gave the two one last look before walking away completely. My heart was heavy and I had to laugh it off which only made it worse. I wanted to think that I have gotten to the next level with my love life but seeing another face in the picture, I absolutely smell trouble.

 

Author's Note:

Hi!~ Is the story to your liking at all? Comments and suggestions are much loved! Let me know what you think okay?

Hope you enjoyed this update! ^_^