Chapter Fourteen

That Little Something

I should grab it as soon as possible.

 

--

That night, all I could think of was Minghao. The cute Minghao, the angry Minghao. His pout, his voice, his laugh. I’m going to confess to him again. I knew it. I knew that this time, he was going to accept it. Then my phone rang. Yoon Jeonghan.

Another problem. I have yet to tell him about Minghao.

I didn’t answer my phone. I was too happy. Too overwhelmed by the thought of Minghao.

Wen Junhui better be serious about this. Because I am. I really am.

He clearly told me that I can choose Minghao right? I know that it sounds really selfish but I feel so happy right now. I don’t know. My phone rang for the second time. This time, I decided to pick up.

“Yoon Jeonghan.” I said.

“Hey! Why didn’t you answer earlier?” He asked.

“I was in the shower. Why? Is it something important?”

“Nothing. But, can I get Wen Junhui’s number? A friend of mine is asking for it actually.”

I laughed. “I don’t think I have the authority to give his number to you though.”

Yoon Jeonghan sighed. A very loud and clear one at that. “Fine. I’ll ask for it myself, tomorrow.”

I chuckled again. “Hey, I have a question though.”

“What?”

“Remember the other guy who had a crush on me? You know the friend of my crush? The one I told you about. Remember?” I said, inhaling all the nervousness all at once.

“Yeah, I remember clearly, why? What happened?”

“That person just told me that it’s okay. That it’s okay to be selfish.”

Jeonghan laughed a dry laugh. He clearly wasn’t interested anymore. I can tell. “What about it?”

I played along. “Well, it means that I can like my crush as much as I want without worrying their friendship.”

“Good for you Kim Mingyu my dear friend.” He continued his half-hearted laugh.

“It’s okay Jeonghan, you can hang up now. I’m gonna sleep too.” I said.

“Thanks my dear friend. You know me so well already. Hahahahaha.” He hung up immediately.

After that, I imagined Minghao and me again. The confession I had initially thought about. The image of him and I in the school rooftop.

He was cutely pouting and complaining about why I dragged him there again. I would just smile at him and say the words ‘I like you’. This time, he would really be hugging me for real. I wished for it to happen over and over again. I laughed. I buried myself in my pillow and grunted.

“Minghao, what do I do with you.” I said.

 

The next day. I arrived first at the classroom. I peeked at the gate outside and waited for his figure to arrive. I was planning to grab him by the hand today and drag him immediately to the rooftop. I mean, if I know what my heart wants, why would I wait any longer? I should grab it as soon as possible.

Exactly two hours after I saw no Minghao passing the gate, Wen Junhui came running to our room. “Yah! Kim Mingyu! What are you doing here?”

“Why? What? What’s wrong?” I asked hysterically.

“I heard Minghao’s leaving for China today!”

 

Author's Note

It's gonna get a little cheesy in the next chapters but please bear with me. Hahahaha! Next chapter will be a special one dedicated to our very own Wen Junhui! Enjoy! :D