Chapter Twelve

That Little Something

His voice was low and considerate and sad.

 

--

"Kim Mingyu. Why in the world would I like you in any other way?" Minghao looked away. "You are a good friend Mingyu." After a forceful smile, his expression returned to the one I couldn't read.

Was he sincere? Was he happy about what he said? Why did he look... sad?

We stayed silent there looking at the sky until the bell rang for the next period.

Yoon Jeonghan was all smiles when he came out of the library after class. "Well, my sweet and loyal friend, how could I ever repay you for this kindness? My homework is done thanks to that Wen Junhui."

"Good for you then." I said blankly.

"Ah. He said to meet him at the park after school." Jeonghan said.

"Who?" Jeonghan pointed at me. "You."

 "Me?" I repeated and he nodded. "With who?"

"Wen Junhui-ssi".

I sighed.

For a good thirty minutes I sat behind the school gate, contemplating whether I should go to the park and meet with Junhui. Finally, I decided to go. If I ever wanted to clear everything - starting from my feelings, my curiosity and my conscience - I should go.

The sun was setting down slow. I was scared and nervous but everything will come to an end soon.

When I arrived at the park, I saw two figures from my spot. I was so sure of the other guy being Minghao And when I came closer, I realized it was Jun. I stopped at my tracks, hid behind a concrete partition close enough to hear their voices.

"Do you really like him?" It was Jun's voice.

"Do you?" Minghao retorted.

"I’m sorry Minghao, but yes, yes I do… Ever since I saw him waiting for Yoon Jeonghan at the library that day. I liked the way he looked at you even when you turned your back on him after he kissed you." Jun’s voice was low and considerate and sad.

"Hyung..."

"But I love you Minghao. You are like a brother to me. At first I wanted to help you get close to him so I pretended to confess to him. But then..."

"Junhui-hyung..."

"I'm sorry hyung." Minghao's voice was cracking. He was at his breaking point.

Jun must have had a hard time all this time. I held my chest and felt a tingling sensation. I really don't know what to do now. How can I face Jun? Or Minghao?

I rested my head on to the cold concrete behind me. A brotherhood might end because of me. What the heck, was I really that attractive? I chuckled half-heartedly. I have a crappy person. The crappiest. How could I possibly make a joke right now.

My heart was heavy as I ran. Silently.

 

 

Author's Note:

Happy New Year you guuuuys! I hope you enjoy 2017 as much as you enjoyed last year! God bless you! *returns to making thesis*