Chapter Thirteen

That Little Something

For the first time since I met him, I think I really saw the real him.

 

--

“Hey, what are you doing here? You’ve been cutting a lot of classes lately.” Yoon Jeonghan looked down on me while I was lying on the roof deck floor. It has been three days without contact to either Minghao or Jun. I don’t know what kind of situation I have gotten myself into but it’s really troublesome. Although I wouldn’t really worry about Minghao because he’s an expert at pretending things are okay and acting fine. But I haven’t seen Jun inside the campus since.

This is really such a bother. Yoon Jeonghan, who gave up on making me attend classes, sat beside me. He decided to cut class with me instead.

“Hey, Kim Mingyu.” Yoon Jeonghan said, getting all serious. “What’s the point of having me as your friend if you won’t talk to me about your problems?” he sighed. “I’m really disappointed in you.”

I chuckled weakly. “Sorry. Remember I told you that I’d tell you about it soon?”

“You mean, the one who rejected you?” The next line he said, he tried to imitate me, “The very cute one at that – that person?”

“Yeah. I found out that someone had a crush on me too and that someone is actually a friend of the jerk you are referring too.” I closed my eyes and massaged my head. “A very precious and friendship might be destroyed because of me. What do I do?”

“That’s a little troublesome isn’t it?” Jeonghan said.

“Exactly. Exactly why I don’t know whether I should hold on or let go. This is driving me nuts. Wouldn’t it be selfish for me to hold on when I know something as big as a friendship is at stake?” I said as I sat up. “Tell me dear Yoon Jeonghan. Tell me please.”

He didn’t really answer me directly. He looked up to the sky and stared after a while, he said this, “But you know, if it’s really a precious one, I think they can actually work it out between them. Well, that’s me assuming that they’ve been friends for so long too.”

I don’t know if I actually got his message or if I was trying to rejecting his idea but it didn’t feel right. It’s like he was telling me to hold on to my feelings even if I do destroy their friendship. How can I do that though? I not that bad of a person to do that.

“Cheer up my friend. It’ll all turn out fine.” Yoon Jeonghan gave me a pat on the shoulder before walking away.

“Hey, where are you going?” I said immediately.

“My friend in L.A. just texted me to call him.” He said on his way out of the roof deck.

I could not believe this guy. “Yoon Jeonghan! Your friend is having a hard time right now you should comfort him! Yaaah!” I called out drastically and then laughed. That guy, he may be a devil underneath that pretty face but he does actually give out some good advices.

I felt a little better after my chat with Jeonghan. I was able to smile. Even if it was at least to myself.

 

That night, when I arrived at my house, I saw someone standing in front of our gate. I smiled. Judging from the figure, it was Wen Junhui alright.

“Hey, Wen Junhui!” I said and threw my can of soda I got from the vending machine on the way home. He caught it and smiled. “What are you doing here?”

“Let’s talk for a moment.” He said in a very straight forward manner.

 

“Do you like Minghao?” Jun said as soon as we arrived at the park. The same spot where he had talked to Minghao the other day. And well, obviously, I was caught off guard.

“Uh—Well, uhmm…”

“Answer me truthfully. Do you like him?”

“Yes I do. But I thought you knew.” I had to play along that I didn’t know what I knew about.

Jun smirked and placed his hands in his pockets. “What would you do if I told you I like you for real?”

That didn’t give me any heads up either. “Why are we talking about this again?” I asked awkwardly.

“I do. I do like you Mingyu.” He chuckled again. “Well, I did. I liked you a lot at some point.”

I stood there frozen, unable to utter a single word looking like an idiot.

“Listen, I liked you. But I don’t think I should be the one saying that to you. Haha.” Jun had this weird smile. I don’t know how to put it but it looked like relief on his face or something. I don’t know. “Thank you for being my friend up until now.”

“Hey, you sound like you’re leaving somewhere far. What are you being like this?” I complained.

After taking a sip from the can of soda, he started to walk towards me. “It’s okay to be selfish sometimes Kim Mingyu. Sometimes.” He simply passed me by while continuing to drink from the can of soda. “Thanks for the soda too.”

I stared at his back view and thought to myself how cool Jun sounded. For the first time since I met him, I think I really saw the real Jun.

 

Author’s Note:

Thank you for being with me up until now! You guys have been amazing!

I’ve been really using this story as a distressing activity during this time of my life. Thank you for being with me! Please look forward to the last few chapters! [And maybe some special and bonus chapters]

Wish me luck on my thesis though. I’m doing my best. [I think] hahahahaha

I want to write another SVT ship next. What couple do you want me to write about? Kekekekeke.