Chapter Eight

That Little Something

This is getting bad, really bad.

--

Minghao led me to the front of the cafe where Jun was sitting. I looked at Jun, shifted my gaze to Minghao and then back to the poor Chinese guy. Well, I wouldn't really call him poor.

"Help me get a cab and please carry me towards it while you're at it. Minghao is too small to carry me." Jun demanded looking like a proud prince. I gasped in disbelief. This guy is unbelievable. He was staring at the guy with the exact look as well. "Minghao, you can stay here. I'll go ahead." Jun opened his arms, "Carry me servant."

I stepped back feeling slightly at my limit. "Why in the world AM I YOUR SERVANT?!" I swear the guy could use a little beating and honestly I would have, if only Minghao weren't there. Although it was better that he was. I straightened my eyebrow for a moment trying to think it through. I had to impress him by showing him how caring I am as a person. I surrendered to the thought immediately and complied.

It was already embarrassing enough that Jun demanded him to be carried bridal-style and yet he had to place his long arms around me making it look like we were an actual couple. Good heavens what have I done wrong, I thought. Minghao waved his arm for a few while until a taxi finally came to a stop. He opened the door for me and I placed Jun in the back seat. Even when Jun was settled, his arms were still wrapped around my neck. I tried to remove my body but he wouldn't let go. Before setting me free though he whispered, "Don't get hurt."

As the taxi drove away I stared curiously at his vague back from behind, wondering what it was he said. Minghao silent by my side as well. "I'm going."

"Hey." I said. He stopped walking and gave me a look that told me to hurry up with what I wanted to say. "Uhm... you want to eat some cake? I wanted to apologize with what happened last... week..." I said with fidgeting fingers.

"I'll eat the cake then go." I hoped my face didn't show my drastic change of mood that time. I didn't want him to get uncomfortable again.

My short break turned into an under time. My uncle permitted that I "hang out" with my "friend" and that it would be his treat. The cafe wasn't as busy as earlier anyways. I got a slice of triple layer chocolate for myself and decided to give Minghao a slice of the shop's best seller, red velvet cake. I placed it on the table and sat opposite of him. He nodded his head as a thank you bit his lower lip.

Biting his lower lip has always been one of his admirable traits. I would love to kiss those lips again. Gosh. Minghao, thankfully, woke me up from my thoughts. "Thank you... for the cake..." He said as he took his first bite. I rested my head on to my palm as I stared at the eating guy.

I was sure that I was smiling. It felt like we were on a date. I pushed my plate towards him, "Wanna try this cake? It's my favorite."

Minghao just stared at me blankly and replied a short, "No." He was eating heartily and yet he was still his mean straightforward self.

I shifted my head to my other arm. "Minghao, do you hate me?" I said absent-mindedly.

"Why do you ask that?" he said.

"Just because..." He didn't look me in the eye and was busy finishing off his cake.

"I don't dislike you Mingyu."

"After what I did last Satur--"

"Let's pretend it never happened." he said quietly. "By the way, Jun-hyung told me you wanted to come along tomorrow."

I laughed half-heartedly because I was thinking he was joking. "Tomorrow? Where again?"

"We are watching a movie tomorrow."

"Wait. Is it okay with you that I come?" I asked.

"Can't do anything about it. Jun-hyung likes to hang out with you." He was now looking at me but he sounded sad. "Don't be late." He stood up. "Thank you for the cake. See you."

I stared at him leave silently. He placed his earphones and walked out the door. So basically, I will be third wheeling tomorrow. I absolutely hated the idea. I sighed. At the very least, I'll be with Minghao.

My heart started to beat faster. I want to Minghao to notice me. Really bad.

 

 

 

Author's Note:

This is so random but please support Lee Sung Kyung's newest drama "Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo!" She's so dedicated to her character and I know she'll deliver it well! It's really fun too ^_^ (Wait, is this even allowed here?)

Anyways, thank you as always for supporting this fiction I hope you are enjoying up until the latest update and I will be sure to give you better chapters soon! Lots of love!