Chapter Ten

That Little Something

It was a day well spent.

--

 

Minghao arrived a little while after Junhui left me at the part. I was getting impatient when he arrived in his white long sleeves and blue jeans. He had his necklace shown and some earrings to boot. Not the usual Minghao I am used to seeing but he looked fine if you’d ask me.

Thankfully, he showed up even when he probably knew that Jun bailed on us. Well, maybe he did contemplate a bit because almost thirty minutes late.

“Let’s go,” he said as he stood behind me. When I saw him, I was literally on my feet. I was so happy.

“Uh. Sure.” Happy as I was, I couldn’t help myself from being a tiny bit curious. I had to know. “Did you know that Jun wasn’t coming?”

“I was already at the corner when he called me. I didn’t want to turn around when I came this far already,” he said with a rather annoying poker face. Gosh, ain’t he cute. I guess I was staring at him too much that I forgot to respond and apparently, walk. He turned around with his eyebrows almost meeting each other. “Aren’t you coming? I can enjoy the movie alone you know.” He turned his back and walked away immediately.

What the heck.

“Hey! Wait for me.” I ran.

 

I didn’t expect much about today but watching Moana was a big surprise for me. Minghao was doing his best to keep his stoic expression especially when Maui started singing. His lips became curved from time to time and he would take a peek at me and then turn to the screen again. He definitely enjoyed the movie, no doubt about that. I could tell because I never really cared about the movie in the first place.

All I cared for was his silhouette inside the dark cinema and his held-back giggles every now and then. His side profile, his cute nose and his long eyelashes.

Too bad the movie didn’t last forever.

After the movie, I practically begged for Minghao to visit the Aquarium. I wanted to see the fishes. Not really. But in the end, he agreed through gritted teeth.

I have been in and out of the aquarium because I always came with my little cousins. I practically know every fish there is inside. Minghao on the other hand, was obviously fascinated by the number and size of the fishes. His mouth was slightly open the whole time.

“Wow.” He said as he glued his face to the glass. He pointed to a small starfish. He might have forgotten all of his ill feelings towards me because for the first time, he looked at me with much enthusiasm. Or was it just the fish.

We ate lunch at the small restaurant at the side of the aquarium. The guy didn’t want to go anywhere else.  He was like a kid on his very first school field trip. I was just so happy about today. Minghao was smiling the whole and well, I’m just happy to be with him.

We walked another lap around the whole complex before heading out.

“Kim Mingyu.” He said as we stepped out on the pavement from the aquarium. It was almost four in the afternoon already. “Do you want to eat cotton candy?”

 

We sat at a bench near the cotton candy man who was too busy entertaining some kids. He was holding the cotton candy stick with his right hand while the other supported his weight as leaned backwards. He was munching the pin colored candy with a very happy expression.

“Since when did you know how to smile around me?” I asked absent-mindedly. I regretted it the minute it came out of my mouth. Thankfully, he ignored me like he always did. I sighed and leaned back. “Well, at least you seemed to enjoy your day today.”

“Sure.” He said before eating the last of his cotton candy. “Wanna ride the bus together?”

“Hey, you’re being really weird. What’s wrong with you? You’re being really friendly with me it’s giving me the creeps.” I asked as I stood up.

“Fine. I’ll stop talking to you then.” He said.

I laughed half-heartedly. “Hey, I was joking. Let’s go.”

The so-called bus ride with Minghao was quiet. The bus was half empty with passengers and he was on his earphones again. He really took it seriously when he said he’d stop talking. We sat at the back with him sitting beside the window. He stared at the moving scenery outside.

Suddenly, he gave me one of the ear buds. “Wanna listen?” I stared at his hand and then to him and back again. “Don’t want it? Fine.”

“Really, how can people last a conversation with you and that attitude of yours?” I got the ear bud and placed it on my ear. He was listening to Super Junior M Zhoumi. I listened quietly and enjoyed the moment.

When we arrived at his stop, he stood up and went out silently. I stared at him as he got off the bus and stood on the pavement. And then for the first time, he smiled at me a genuine smile. His teeth showed and his eyes turned into a crescent shaped moon.

He then mouthed, ‘Thank you for today’ just as the bus moved again.

I couldn’t grasp the reality of the situation immediately. After a few moments I smiled looking at the moving scenery outside the window of the bus. It was indeed a day well spent.

 

 

 

Author's Note:

Hello hello hello! I'm so sorry for updating very late but I have been busy with my thesis shtz and all. I have to graduate first and foremost you know. Hahaha. But, like I said, I have already outlined the rest of the story the problem now is me looking for time to write and stuff coz my adviser is pressurin' me with all these deadlines, I can't help her though.

Anyways, I hope you guys liked this update! I was contemplating about redoing it but my gutt feeling told me to just post it so, hehe. Stay tuned for updates soon! (I hope). Thanks again for dropping by. Comments are always loved. ^_^ Thanks!!