Chapter Three

That Little Something

I hate it.

 

---

“What’s wrong with you again?” Jeonghan asked in his oh-so-brotherly-tone. I sighed.

The day after our short conversation started my idea of bugging the Chinese guy. Whenever I would meet him along the hallways, I’d call out to and give him a smile – just to annoy him. Sometimes, if I feel like it, a wink. He would just face the other direction frowning. He is so cute.

“Earth to my friend! Where are you right now?” The long-haired guy called out to me. “Can’t you share that little secret to me? Come on! Who’s your crush already? Tell me!” He started his cutesy act which appeared to me, was him asking for a beating. Eventually, Jeonghan gave up. I smirked at him victoriously. “Okay fine…” he trailed off, setting his mood. “But for what it’s worth, I think you’re really brave.”

I gave Jeonghan’s words some thought and I kind of agreed to him on that one. I AM BRAVE. But I’m also, at the same time, utterly confused. Should I just give up?

The weekend that followed was a little drastic and exhausting than usual. Besides my part-time work at my uncle’s coffee shop, we had homework. Math and Language. Jeonghan and I agreed to meet at the library to work together. But apparently, it wasn’t Jeonghan who I had to work with.

Minutes after I arrived at the library, I waited for Jeonghan who was peculiarly late, at the entrance. Waiting was fine because trust me, I have been used to a lot lately so it was good. Until I saw Minghao.

The minute I got my eyes on him, my feet practically froze. I went to greet him as always, and as always, he just rolled his eyes on me. I would’ve followed him inside immediately but there was still Jeonghan.

I stood at my spot for ten more minutes and gave up. I wanted to see Minghao. I went inside hesitantly still but shrugged the thought off after seeing the Chinese guy. He was cutely flipping through his Korean textbook when I saw him at the corner. The glass curtain allowed the sun to shine behind him making him look like a fallen angel.

Deciding to annoy him first, I went towards him silently and swiftly. He saw me approach from maybe ten feet away but he didn’t rebut, let alone say a word.

“Hey.” I said. “What are you doing?” it was the liveliest voice I could muster up on a Saturday. Given, he ignored me again. “Hi, Minghao.” I said a little louder. “Can I sit with you?” No answer of course. And of course, I wasn’t in any position to take it as a no.

I sat across him and silently began answering. I didn’t say anything more and just stayed there. It was better than having him curse me for the rest of my life, again.

But in all honesty, it was so awkward. We weren’t even friends! And I hate it.

But suddenly, the unthinkable happened. “Hey Kim Mingyu,” he called me.

 

 

Author's Note:

Hello there! I see I have some subscribers now. I will trully try my best so I won't disappoint you! I hope you enjoyed the update as well :) I wanted to update two chapters since I have it already on my phone but my mom is glaring at me with a belt as we speak and wants me to sleep already so, toodles! Thank you again for subscribing and supporting this fic! You guys are great! 

Leave your thoughts below and I will gladly read them! Bye~