Chapter 7

Just Hold Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

            As they continued to see each other often, he soon noticed her habits and could guess a few of her traits. She never revealed much about herself and neither did he. He picked up how she has a hard time with her life but he never tries pry into her privacy. All he does is comfort her without questioning anything. He liked talking to her although he didn’t even know her well. She was just easy to talk to and easy to get along with. She seems quiet but he’s sure she has a lively personality once he’d get to know her. She’s mysterious and interesting, which makes him more eager to get to know her. They actually never plan when they’d meet although they finally exchanged numbers. The two just coincidently meet whenever the both of them randomly chooses to go to the lake.

“I love my company and all, but I feel really stressed over being the CEO. It’s a lot more difficult than I thought it’d be.” He explained to her. Sometimes, he’d feel overly stressed that he needed to tell her his problems. He hasn’t told her much though. She simply knows that he’s the CEO of his family owned company and she also knew about his friends and Haerin. Jimin didn’t know why he happened to trust her so much but he just does.

“That’s just how life is, whether you love your job or not. On the bright side, you love your job. You love your life and you have people loving you.” She opened the bottle of alcohol and was ready to drink it but was stopped by Jimin. Dahye glared at him for his sudden actions but that didn’t stop him from trying to encourage her not to drink. They had been meeting up like this for two months and over time, he pretty much found out that she was an alcoholic, never able to even separate herself from alcohol.

“Let’s not drink this time, okay? You shouldn’t be drinking all the time.” He told Dahye, putting his hands onto the bottle just to keep her from drinking.

“I can drink if I want to drink. Just leave me alone.” She snapped at him, obviously changing the tone in her voice.

“Dahye, lately, every time I see you, you’ve always drank and it gets me worried. You shouldn’t rely on alcohol so much.”

“Just let me do whatever, would you!?” Jimin had to admit to being startled hearing her raise her voice at him.

“Is this about me? You never start drinking until I start talking about my problems or my day. I’m not that stupid, Dahye.” She shifted her gaze away from him, knowing that he had caught on. She hated it hearing him talk sometimes. It made her so jealous. Everything that he had and was complaining about, those were the things she’d never get even if she dreamed of having them. That was the difference in their lives. She tries to get a better life and yet he takes his lifestyle for granted. He doesn’t realize how great his life sounds to her and kills her just from hearing that he’s having a hard time, wishing he’d never have that life sometimes. Dahye didn’t listen to him, she didn’t answer him and drank.

“Dahye, listen to me, I’m sorry about carelessly talking about myself but just don’t drink-“

“Just shut up!” Out of frustration, she threw the bottle into lake. He just didn’t know. She comes to this place for a specific reason. It’s whenever she’s having a hard time to the point that she couldn’t take it anymore. Hearing him talk just makes her feel even more unlucky. She’s a fragile girl, she would breakdown over anything and now was one of those times. She didn’t want to breakdown in front of him but she couldn’t stop herself from doing so. He pulled her close to him for a hug and that was the only way he could comfort her. She never shared to him about what she was going through so there was no way for him to try to understand why she was acting this way. Jimin wanted to know more but that’s only if she would let him know more.

“I’m sorry…I’m so, so sorry for making you cry…I just didn’t want to watch you drinking all the time without knowing any damn way to help and understand you. I just wanted to know more about you…Please don’t cry, okay?” Dahye hated how sweet he was to her. She hated everything, she just hated every single ing thing in her ing life and god, Jimin was just too nice to her.

--

“I’m sorry for getting angry at you yesterday. I overreacted.” Dahye said, apologizing to Jimin. She felt bad for snapping at him when he really didn’t do anything wrong. The corner of his lips curved into a smile. She didn’t like how he was always smiling at her simply because it made her like spending time with him even more.

“It’s alright. I just don’t think it’s right for you to be drinking all the time. It’s bad for your health and I want to watch you ruining yourself. Next time, if you’re feeling down, call me or we can meet here so you can talk to me about it. I assure you, it’ll be a lot better than drinking alcohol all the time.”

“Okay.” She couldn’t understand why he was so nice to her. He doesn’t even know her, well, he doesn’t remember her. And yet he’s just nice like that but then again, based on her own memory of him, that was how he treated her back then up until that one specific day. Dahye was pretty sure that she was starting to fall for him whether she let herself to feel this way or told herself to not. She knew that his kindness has gotten her falling for him again.

 --

            She couldn’t deny that she somewhat felt a little proud of herself today. Not once was she thinking about how badly she needed alcohol throughout the day. It was a problem of hers that she needed to fix. Dahye knew she was way too attached to alcohol. After hearing Jimin tell her what he thought about alcohol, it made her realize that she needed to fix it. Sure, she did have a few conflicts today like any other day but there was no alcohol for her to consume. She went to the lake without alcohol in her hands at night, feeling proud of herself. She just wanted to talk about her day to Jimin. Maybe he is right, talking to someone is better than relyin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter