Chapter 15

Just Hold Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

            Knowing that Dahye will never want to see his face ever again gave him pain. Jimin disliked this feeling of guilt but he believed that if she were to hate him, she’d move on and avoid facing any other unfortunate situations caused by him. He’s caused so many terrible things that he just couldn’t imagine staying with her. Jimin truly loves her and he just can’t bear to know the fact that he can no longer see her again. Every time he thought of how it’d be like for her Dahye if he stayed with her, he would imagine that she would somehow have her life ruined again because of him again.

            It wasn’t just Dahye that was suffering from this, Jimin was also hurting. Ever since he broke up with her, it’s like he had changed into a different person. It’s as if his is still here but it’s a different person living inside of him. He spoke less and his facial expression has changed and flipped 180 degrees. The cheerful boy who could smile even when he’s hurt or sad suddenly turned low-spirited and now usually had on an expressionless look or a frown. He did the same things every day, never planning to do extra things.

Wake up.

Get ready.

Breakfast.

Work.

Go home.

Dinner.

Wash up.

Go to bed.

            He followed the pattern of the exact 8 things he does throughout the day. Everyone noticed he had even stopped going out for fun. Jimin reduced talking to his parents and friends. He always skipped lunch, saying he never has an appetite. Haerin often comes to visit him whenever she finds the time to. He no longer saw her the way he used to anymore. After he’s seen her true colors, he has a different perspective of her. She’s cynical, planning everything out before she attacks and uses everything against him just so he wouldn’t have a choice but to stay together with her. He wished he had known about this side of her before falling into this trap that she had set for him to get caught into. She was always there to remind him that for him to keep everything else the same and well for everyone around him, he must be together with her. He can’t even believe she was his so-called best friend.

“I love you, Jimin.” He would hear Haerin say as she hugs him. He doesn’t respond to her words or her actions. He just stands there in silence.

“You can act like this but it’s not like it’ll do anything to make me change my decision. I love you and you know that, as long as I have you to myself, everything will be fine.”

He hated Haerin. Never has he ever expected himself to ever come to hate her but it’s gone to this point now. She’s planned this all along just so that she can have him and claim him. He’s become so reserved now. He couldn’t tell anyone the truth so he just might as well become mute and reserved from everybody. He made a deal and he had to keep it.

Being Jimin’s best friends, Jungkook and Taehyung noticed the sudden change in him. The way he greets them, the way he speaks, the tone and mood of everything. They know for sure that something was off and that something had happened to him. The thing is, trying to force the truth out of him is incredibly difficult. No way was Jimin going to open his mouth and confess everything that has happened to them.

“Jimin, seriously, what’s wrong with you lately? You haven’t looked well for a long time now.” Taehyung questioned him full of worry.

“Are you sick?” Jungkook added in.

“No.” Jimin coldly answered them.

“Okay, we know something’s up. You haven’t spoken like yourself lately. What the hell is wrong?”

“Nothing is wrong and I am fine.”

“Really? Because we’ve known you since forever. We know you’re lying.”

“Before all of this, you were cheerful with rays of sunshine and a colorful rainbow. Now, it’s like you’re not yourself anymore.”

“It has something to do with Dahye doesn’t it? You don’t talk about her anymore.”

“You used to mention her name to us every single time you see us and whenever you have the chance to.” Jimin’s eyes avoided making eye contact with his friends. His heart clenched together in pain, hearing them mentioning her.

“She has nothing to do with anything anymore. We just broke up recently, that’s all.”

“That doesn’t make

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter