Chapter 17

Just Hold Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

            With him, knocking on her door numerous times, he pleaded for her to answer him. “Dahye, please open up, I just want to talk to you.” He knows that she would most likely not open the door for him. Giving up, he entered in the passcode for the apartment to see if he could get in. Luckily the sound of it went off, signaling he was correct. He was surprised she hadn’t changed it so that no one could disturb her. He turned the doorknob and stepped into the apartment. He froze when he saw her, standing still like a stone statue, staring at the door.

“Get out.” She told him in a soft but serious tone.

“Just let me talk to you for a bit.”

“Get out.”

“I just want to speak with you. Please.” She grew silent again and tightened her grip on the bottle of alcohol. She’s gone back to it. And he was the one who caused this.

“Ten minutes, maximum.”

“Using you to get Haerin…I lied to you about that. I didn’t use you. Saying that I never loved you, it’s all a lie.” He could hear her scoff at him in disbelief.

“So first you tell me you love me, then you say you never did and now you say you’ve always had. Stop changing everything just because you feel like it.”

“I’m telling you the truth. I’m so sorry I told you that. I didn’t want to break up with you but I did and I know I ed up. I-“

“Stop lying about all this. It’s just ridiculous.”

“I’m not. I still love you, I missed you.” His hand reached out for her to hold onto her hand but she took a step back and avoided his touch.

“No. Don’t act like you can simply apologize and think I’d forgive you. You left me. You abandoned me and betrayed me. You knew I had no one else and yet you still left me.”

“I know, I was stupid, I did wrong. I don’t deserve you. But I still love you. I made you cry and knowing that just makes me want to kill myself.”

“If you know that, then just leave. All you’re going to do is betray me again.”

“I won’t. I promise you I won’t. I know I ed up badly but I can’t just let you go.” A teardrop left her eye and it made his heart clench together and ache.

“I can’t trust you anymore. Not after what you did.”

“Please, Dahye. Please.”

“No! You left me here to suffer alone and now you come back saying you want me back?! Am I that pitiful to you!? I wanted you to come back and tell me you were lying but now I just don’t want to see you anymore!”

“I know you hate me. I know that you don’t want to see me appear before you again. But I have to mention this to you first. I found out, I realized how stupid I was being and that you were that girl back then.” He felt as if there was this lump in his throat that was preventing him to speak properly. His hand brushed through his hair as he spoke to her. She froze at the mention of the past.

“I didn’t know, Dahye. I didn’t know and when I found out, I freaked out. It’s no excuse but I became afraid that I could possibly ruin your life again. So Haerin made a deal with me so that I can reassure myself you’d be fine. So I had to lie to break up with you.”

“So you ran away from your problems.”

“I did and I was a coward for doing so. I’m just so sorry.” She avoided looking at his teared-up eyes. “I’m so sorry, Dahye. I was sorry back then and I am now. I didn’t know it was you back then. I never even knew they’d take you away, I didn’t know it’d happen. I didn’t send you away because I wanted to. And now, I’m just terribly sorry that I’m being pathetic, careless and I should’ve been there for you. I was just so scared of hurting you again.”

“I-I don’t k-know…I just-“

“It’s okay, you don’t have to answer me now, think it through and give me your answer later on. I understand.” He told her sullenly. “Once again, I’m really sorry for causing all this trouble and for hurting you.”

--

            Trying to decide wasn’t easy at all. With Jimin always on her mind every single day and night, every minute and hour, she just couldn’t think straight. She loves Jimin and she could never deny that but the pain she always goes through because of him, is it really worth it to be with him? She knew he had a reason but sometimes excuses need to be treated as excuses, not as good reasons. She needed to carefully decide if it’s worth it. Would Jimin be worth it? She falls head over heels for him and feels fantastic when they’re togethe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter