Chapter 16

Just Hold Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

            Dahye snapped back into facing reality the moment she heard her name being called by Minseok. She didn’t realize that she has been blanking out the entire time she stood at the cashier. Luckily, there wasn’t an entire line of angry customers waiting in front of the front.

“These two boys are wanting to speak with you.” Minseok told her. Her eyes then scanned the two; she didn’t know them though. They were two young men whom she guessed were probably around her age. Both of them are much taller than she was. One had dark brown hair while the other had a brownish-blond hair color. Still, she approached them to see what it was that they have to talk to her for.

“You’re Yoon Dahye, right?” The blonde boy asked her. She nodded at him, curious as to why and how they know her name.

“Let’s sit down first and talk.” The other one told her. She sat herself down onto the seat they pulled out for her.

“I’m sorry but who are you?” The boys only smiled sweetly at her.

“I’m Jungkook.” The brown-haired boy greeted.

“I’m Taehyung and we came because well, we’re Jimin’s best friends.” The blonde one spoke nervously to her. The look in her eyes changed to a more crestfallen expression.

“I still don’t understand why you would come finding me here.”

“Did you two really break up?” Jungkook asked.

“We did. I’m sorry if I’m sounding rude but shouldn’t the both of you know whether we broke up or not since you’re his best friends?”

“We just felt concerned since it was so sudden.”

“It was sudden, alright.” She commented bitterly.

“Jimin won’t clarify to us why you both broke up.” She grew tense at the mention of their break up. “I’m sorry if we’re being too nosy.”

“No, it’s alright. I thought things were going well too but I was completely wrong.”

“What do you mean?”

“He broke up with me telling me that he never had feelings for me. I was told by him that he did everything to get Haerin’s attention. So in the end, he broke up with me because he didn’t see a reason in staying with me.”

“We’re so sorry…”

“We didn’t know that…We shouldn’t have bothered you about this…”

“It is what it is. It’s okay, you just didn’t know.”

            They were left in shock and Jungkook had to admit, he couldn’t believe his friend would do such a thing like this. This was just something that doesn’t even sound like Jimin. There was just no way that Jimin would do anything like this. Jimin was the type to never want to hurt anyone. He wouldn’t want to hurt anyone so why in the world did he do this to her?

--

“You guys wanted to talk to me about something?” Jimin asked. Both Taehyung and Jungkook stood with their arms crossed at him. He knew that they were most likely upset with him for some reason.

“Yeah. We need to ask you something.” Taehyung told him in a serious tone.

“What is it?”

“Why did you and Dahye break up?”

“Why such a random question?”

“We just want to know.”

“Well, we just broke up because things weren’t going to work out.” Jungkook raised his eyebrow in confusion. “Things weren’t going to work out?... Can you please explain why we heard something else then?”

“You broke up with her for Haerin’s attention. Is that true?” Jimin froze and he turned pale, not knowing what to say.

“W-Where did you hear that?”

“Dahye.”

“This isn’t like you, Jimin. We know you would never treat anyone like this. Just explain to us why you would do this to her.”

“We want to know the truth, Jimin.” He remained there, not answering them. He was trembling and panic took over him.

“You haven’t been yourself lately and we’re getting worried. So we went to Dahye but she looked like a mess too.”

“I-I didn’t want to h-hurt her…” They heard him whisper.

“Then why’d you do that to her?”

“I had to f-find some excuse for us to break up…”

“Why did you have to look for an excuse? This just doesn’t make sense.”

“Jimin, just tell us the truth.” Everything fell silent. There wasn’t a single sound that was made within the room as they waited patiently to hear him confess.

            Jimin parted his lips and a sigh escaped, “I didn’t want this arranged marriage to continue, so I went to talk to Haerin about it. I was ready to tell her the truth about not loving her anymore and how I was in love with Dahye. When I talked to her, she used Dahye against me. She did a background research on her. Dahye was…Do you remember the girl back then? The one from the facility?” The two friends nodded at him and waited for him to continue. “I found out that Dahye is that same girl. So a thought overcame me, that I shouldn’t be with her anymore because of how much I’ve already ed up her life. She just deserves better. Haerin and I came to an agreement that I will agree to the marriage while she never messes with Dahye. So I broke up with Dahye, telling her that I used her.”

“Does anyone else know about this?” Jungkook questioned and frowned when Jimin shook his head.

“My parents don’t even know about this.”

“You’ve got to tell her, Jimin. You have to get out of this arranged marriage. This just isn’t right. You can’t just live with Haerin, knowing that she’s worked her way into forcing you into it. You love Dahye.”

“But I can’t. I don’t think I should, who knows what Haerin might do.”

“We’re telling you Jimin, it’s much better than staying like this.”

            They were telling him the same things Wonho had told him just before he had met up with them. Wonho had called him despite being busy with work in Japan.

*flashback*

“I’ve refrained from tryin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter