Chapter 19

Just Hold Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

            Dahye didn’t speak with him that night or even the next morning. The girl was just way too traumatized to speak. Jimin stayed with her that night to assure her that she’d be safe. Last night, it was just so terrible to even hear what had happened to her. She had bruises all over her body and she couldn’t stop trembling in fear. Even with Jimin there for her, and embracing her, she was still in shock and in fear.

            Tears and silence. She would only cry and remain silent. Who could blame her? Jimin could only blame himself for her pain. Although it had nothing to do with him, he still ended up feeling as though he was somehow responsible for it. Like he should’ve been there to somehow protect her. Seeing her so fragile like this made him wonder about how she had felt when she first met her parents. Was it this same fear that she’s currently feeling? How could he just let her get hurt and suffer from it this way?

            It was difficult for Dahye and it was difficult for Jimin too. Dahye was suffering mentally after what happened. She wouldn’t speak to anybody and she refused to seek help or assistance from anyone. The traumatized girl would remain silent for days and to weeks. Jimin, always being there for her never questioned or forced her talk to him. He understood that she needed more time to get better. But as much as Jimin wanted to help her, he couldn’t do much since there was a barrier set between the both of them in which she wouldn’t break because she isn’t talking to him. It wasn’t like he was able to convince her to say a word to him but he was fine with the fact that she wasn’t going to speak.

            Dahye has missed days of work at the café but Minseok didn’t mind. He had actually ordered for her to take a break. But with education, she still had to attend her classes no matter what. Although it’s difficult to sit through classes almost every day, she still did fine although her focus onto the lessons decreased.

            Jimin is always there for her whenever she needed him. He knows she’d get scared being alone at night, so he always goes to work, washes up, and then heads over to her place just so that he can keep her calm and assured that nothing will happen to her. It’s become a part of his routine that he’d work and then come over to her place and stay with her until the morning. Ever since that day, she’s been afraid of being alone.

--

            It was going to take longer for Dahye to completely recover from all that had happened almost a month ago. She began returning back to work but still struggled a bit with speaking to customers whole heartedly and comfortably. Dahye spoke little to Jimin but at least it was something. Jimin desperately wanted to talk to her comfortably but he knew it just wasn’t the right time yet.

            He’d make sure that she was eating her meals properly everyday as if he was her boyfriend. Jimin would ask her how her day had gone only to receive a simple ‘it was good’. He didn’t get to have any type of conversation with her other than that. He kept telling himself that it’s because she needs time but as he continues to tell himself that, even he doesn’t realize that it’s little by little, hurting him inside. He didn’t how long he’d have to wait. Just to wait for an answer; he just wanted an answer from her. To clear things up and set things straight, he needed that. As he spends more time, worrying about Dahye, the more often he begins to question when she’d answer him. He just wanted to hear from her if it’s simply a ‘yes’ or a ‘no’ but she’s just confusing him so much.

            Dahye always needs him to be there for her. And yet she couldn’t even decide what to say to him. Those nights she’d hug him bed and cry, knowing he’d be there for her when she’s in this state, it only made him confused. Surely enough, she was confusing his heart and what he believed could be possible. He just wanted to know, if he didn’t find out any sooner, he’d probably lose it even more.

            Holding her close to himself and back hugging her in bed, he couldn’t help but become lost in his thoughts. He imagined how great the feeling would be if they would be together again. Hugging her, kissing her and hearing her tell him how much she loves him, that’s what he wanted. But will that ever happen?

“Dahye? Are you awake?”

“Yeah…” She answered with a soft voice.

“I know I’m becoming impatient but…I just wanted to know what this is between us. I love you, you know I love you and I just don’t know what this is. I just want an answer Dahye, please…” He spoke to her with such desperation, showing how badly he wanted to hear her answer. But the thing is, she never spoke. She remained silent in the dark, even though he knew she was awake. Realizing that she didn’t wish to speak to him, he felt his heart drop in disappointment. “Okay, I understand, I just wanted to see if you made a decision yet, that’s all.” His voice cracked and he tried his best to not let the tears in his eyes fall.

--

            It wasn’t like Dahye didn’t hear him last night. She heard it all but she chose to not answer him. She never asked him to stay with her every night, he just came because he believed she needed him. It was true, she relied on him the first week but soon after, she was doing okay but she knew she’d hurt him if she told him to go away. She still loves him, a lot too. But after constantly thinking it over, she was afraid of being hurt again and she doesn’t think she was ready for another relationship with him. So, she didn’t answer him last night. Knowing that it’ll only be worse if she remained silent even after last night, she realized that she needed to give him an answer.

            In the morning, after waking up and getting ready for the day, she asked Jimin to wait for her a bit before he would leave to get himself ready for work. He looked eager to hear what she had to say to him but little did he know that her answer would hurt him.

            It felt as if his fragile little heart had suddenly shattered into a million pieces in which he will never be able to recover ever again. Hearing her speak to him and tell him those words just made him feel as though his world was ending. “This is what you get, you bastard.” He tells himself. The sight of her lips moving as she spoke to him, replayed in his mind. He didn’t need to hear it but he could read her lips and already know what she’s saying to him.

“I think we both should just start things new without each other.” Dahye said to him. Her voice echoed on and on within his mind. With the look of disappointment, he nodded at her, understanding what she meant. With a single ‘goodbye’, Jimin crestfallenly trudged away and out of her apartment. It was quick but the scene in his mind, was a slow motion. With tears forming in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter