Chapter 20

Just Hold Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-6 Months Later-

Things just continued to be the way it was for Dahye even after she and Jimin split. She was doing better, she felt as though she’s become much stronger mentally than how she was a few months back. Her lifestyle didn’t really change. It was still going to her classes and work. Dahye was doing well with her work and studies. She continued to work hard and for some reason, her parents just stopped coming to find her. She didn’t know why they didn’t but she didn’t bother trying to find out, it was better this way.

“Really? Are you serious that you’re actually doing well alone over there?” Wonho asked her on the phone. He was quite surprised and proud to hear her tell him those words.

“Yeah. I’m feeling better about everything now. And you should visit me some time, I really miss seeing you.”

“I will. Wow, you sure sound like you’re happier. That’s great.”

It was ironic. Whenever she was happy on her own, Jimin isn’t. It’s like if one is happy, the other can’t be. Half a year later and Jimin still hasn’t moved on. He didn’t want to look for her after that day. He wanted to tell her how much he loved her for the last time but he knew he couldn’t. It’d be harder for both himself and Dahye anyway. Jungkook and Taehyung didn’t want to just sit and watch him that way. They initially wanted to meet up with Dahye and talk to her but Jimin made sure they wouldn’t. He pleaded for them to just not make things complicated for her. They felt bad that he was just desperately wanting her to be happy and yet he was hurting himself. They agreed though. Even if they did talk to her, they’d probably only make her feel guilty. They couldn’t just force love like that. Jungkook, especially, felt a little angered that things didn’t work out between them. After talking to Dahye that day, he was sure she’d want to be Jimin. She assured the fact that she loved Jimin and yet here, he was, heartbroken over it.

It was simple, Dahye stayed away from alcohol and Jimin couldn’t last a day without it. Just like how it was shortly after she rejected him, he didn’t change from that. Things were just getting worse and worse for him.

“Jimin, I understand that you love her but I think it’s time for you to move on.” His mother told him. He gave her a mixed expression of anger and pain.

“I can’t.”

“There is a line between holding onto to her and pathetically being heartbroken, Jimin! You’ve been sitting here like this and the only person in pain will be you!” Mr. Park finally shouted at his son. He couldn’t just let his son continue to be this way.

“You’re young, you have so much to live for and yet you’re living so miserably. This isn’t the end of the world. Get up and walk your path. You’re just being pathetic right now, Jimin.” His mother didn’t look so happy hearing her husband say that to him. As much as she wanted to talk Jimin out of feeling so heartbroken, she didn’t want to resort to insulting him and calling him pathetic.

“Then what do you want me to do?!” Jimin shouted frustratingly at his father. He wasn’t the type to snap back at his parents. Hell, he never did. Even when he was upset, he wouldn’t snap this way. Mrs. Park signaled her husband that it’d be best that she will talk to him. She never knew that her son could end up this way, this heartbroken over a girl. His eyes had tears forming in them and they’d be falling any second now. Of all the times she’s seen her son this way, this was probably the most heartbreaking sight of him. This was even worse than when he was in high school. Back when he had experienced the sight of Dahye being taken away from him, the poor child was traumatized and scarred. Being so young, he wasn’t prepared for anything like that. But now, seeing Jimin so crushed and pained over the same girl just makes his mother feel even worse. “I want to move on and forget about her but I can’t. I don’t know what to do anymore…”

“It’s okay, it’s okay to not know. There’s nothing wrong with feeling this way. It’s just your father and I are concerned, we don’t want to see you so hurt. We just wish that you could slowly move on from her.” His mother said to him and as he was embraced by her. Sometimes, everyone forgets that the mature Jimin that they all are so used to isn’t as strong as he seems to be. He’s still fragile inside. Despite how hardworking and mature the boy may seem, he’s still like everyone else. He can be hurt, sad and fragile. People around him seem to have such high expectations of him that they become disappointed when he breaks down.

--

It was to the point that Jimin was starting to dislike every encounter he made with people. He used to love the company of his family and friends so much but now, he’d prefer to be alone. He frowned when he saw an incoming call. It read “Wonho”. He called asking him to tell his staff to let him up to speak with him. With a heavy sigh, he agreed and told his staff at the lobby to let Wonho go up to his office.

“Long time no see.” Wonho said to him but only received a nod from the latter. “I’m sorry if I sound rude but, what are you doing here?”

“I’ve been here since yesterday and I wanted to see you before I go back to Japan soon.” He hated hearing all the questions Wonho asked him. He didn’t want to talk about Dahye and Wonho obviously noticed that. He looked crestfallen as he spoke with Wonho. He answered whatever Wonho said or asked him but he just seemed to lack in emotion. Just from that, Wonho could see how much Jimin has changed. It wasn’t a good thing. It wasn’t good to see someone so down all the time when people around him are so used to seeing him so bright and happy.

--

For six months, Jimin’s been going back to the lake often again. He guessed it was the sense of loneliness and emptiness that made him drawn back to this place. Before he had met Dahye again, he had gone to this place to relax his mind. When he started spending time with her more, it was like she was the only one he needed to feel comfortable and relaxed. Now, he visits this place practically every day just as a way to isolate himself from everyone else around him. With his hood over him and as he breathed in the cold air, he stared off at the lake. Its waters were frozen, the temperature was freezing. Everything was just cold and empty.

It was the first time Dahye’s gone to the lake. She missed seeing it often and so, she decided to go out even if it was pretty cold outside. The last thing she expected was to see Jimin laying on the dry, dead grass. His eyes were shut and he was just lying there so silently. He was wearing only a hoodie and ripped jeans, how could he stay out in the cold like this? Even with her approaching to him, he didn’t move an inch. He must have been sleeping. Her eyes studied his face. He was so pale, and on top of that, he looked like he had gotten so much skinnier than the last time she’s seen him. Her nose can sense the smell of alcohol too. Her eyebrows raised when she noticed the beads of sweat on his forehead.

“How in the world is he sweating in this cold weather?” She said to herself. The back of her hand was placed onto his forehead. Her eyes widened at the t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter