Chapter 10

Just Hold Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

            She sat in class, completely blanking out. She’s still in the medical school, not even close to getting to the job she wants to have. Thinking about Wonho also has her thinking about her own life. Her best friend is off, finally achieving his dream of getting a stable job that he’s worked so hard for. Is it still possible for her? She guessed seeing Wonho kind of encourages her to finish what she started. Dahye was sad to hear that her best friend is going to leave her. It’s been five days after she learned that Wonho was leaving for the job. He’s been by her for so long and now, he’s going leave, in two days. She really wondered if it’s really possible if she could actually make it without Wonho. And thinking about how Wonho’s been upset with her lately, and now he’s leaving, it made her realize how bad of a friend she’s been. She’s been so selfish, not even treating him like he’s her best friend. And now that she’s apologized and realized how she’s been lately, he’s leaving.

            Around 35 minutes before her class ends, she received a text message from Jimin. Still having to focus on the lecture, she quickly the phone and glanced at the message.

Jimin: Hey what are you doing right now?

Dahye: Class

Jimin: When is it over?

Dahye: In ~30 min

Jimin: Ok;)

Dahye: okay…

            Jimin was weird and he would always randomly ask her questions. She didn’t know what he was up to but she decided to put it to the back of her mind. Dahye needed to really focus on her classes and the work for them because the end of the semester was coming up so quickly. The stress was slowly creeping up and once it hits the time when she needs to prepare for midterms, she’ll probably be panicking. She put on the backpack straps and she held her phone and books in her arms. As she walked out of the building, she couldn’t help but smile a little, seeing the male standing over in the parking lot, waiting for her. Jimin has that eye smile that she just couldn’t stop from smiling in return.

“Why are you here?”

“To pick you up, obviously.”

“I know but why?”

“We always hang out during the night and I never get to take you places cause it’s late. I want to treat you today.”

“What did I ever do that you need to treat me?”

“I just want to, okay? I have free time today and I have no other tasks to take care of at the company. And I wanted to see you.” God, his smile was just too much. He opened the car door and gestured for her to go in.

“So, do you have any place in mind?” He asked her.

“You know, after a long and tiring day, I just want to go home and sleep.”

“Oh come on, don’t be so boring.”

“I don’t mind. I just want to sleep, I’m tired.” Dahye massaged her temples with her fingers as she spoke, she wasn’t kidding when she was feeling tired. She was having a headache and she felt like if there was a display of how much energy she has at the moment, it’d be at a 5%.

“Fine, how about you rest and then I take you out for dinner?”

“Okay.”

            He actually drove her back to her apartment and insisted that he was perfectly fine with staying at her place until the evening. It’s just awkward to know that she plans to sleep while who knows how bored he might be at her place. She told him that it’d be boring but apparently, he was totally fine with it.

“Jimin, are you sure you want to stay here? It’s hella boring here.”

“I’m sure. Really, I don’t mind at all.” He said to her, and assuring her with a smile.

“I thought you told me you have a lot of work to do for the company today. You should catch yourself up on all of it.”

“I thought I’d be really busy if I had meetings on top of my work but I didn’t today. I’ve worked on everything the entire day and I’m free to leave the company for the day.”

“Oh, you look really exhausted. You know, maybe you should take a short nap too.”

“I’m fine but you should rest. I won’t be able to sleep if I know that you’re still here bored as hell.” He ruffled her hair and smiled sweetly, “What can I do to help you get some sleep then?”

“How about talking? I like talking about my day and it’ll help me feel sleepy.”

“Sure.” She didn’t even know why he was still here. Even Wonho would rather leave than watch her fall asleep. He was smiling cheekily at the fact that he tucked her into bed with her multiple layers of blankets.

“Go to sleep, child.” She raised an eyebrow at his words, causing him to chuckle a little in amusement. “Don’t call me that.”

“Child, I can call you whatever I want. Now tell me how your day went.” She scowled at him for acting so strange and opened to let her words escape.

“Jimin, do you know how it feels when someone important just suddenly disappears from your life?” Dahye wasn’t paying attention but Jimin’s smile had flipped and turned into a frown and in a soft voice, he answered her, “Yeah I do.” Thoughts of his past came to his mind and suddenly put him in a bad mood.

“I’m sure you remember me telling you about my best friend before. Wonho told me he’s leaving for a job in Japan. I told him that I want him to go but now I just feel like , knowing that I won’t have my best friend there with me from now on.”

“It’s okay, though, you’ll still contact each other, right?” Jimin asked her in a low and in a more serious tone but she didn’t seem to notice.

“Yeah but the thing is, when I think back to how I’ve been recently, I’ve been the worst friend. I wasn’t treating him the way I should have and I don’t know…I just regret that after I’ve been such a bad friend lately, karma hits me in the face and now he’s leaving.”

“What’d you do that makes you assume you’ve been a bad friend?”

“Oh I’m not assuming; I know it for a fact. I haven’t been honest with him very much and I haven’t told him many things lately and we even got into an argument over it.”

“Well at least you’ve realized what you’ve done wrong. But there’s time for you to make it up even if he’s not actually here. You can talk to him over the phone more frequently. You’re not that bad of a friend. I have to admit, I think I’ve been a really bad friend too. I haven’t been quite honest to my friends either. And thanks to you, now I know that it’s better to tell them now before later on when they find out on their own.”

“I don’t know, I just feel so horrible…”

“I’m sure it’ll all turn out fine. You’re going to be fine, believe me.”

“Jimin, are you okay?” She asked him, as she looked up at him and noticed the grim and dark expression across his face. “I’m fine.”

“You look awfully tired. You should rest a bit.”

“No, I’m okay, just go to sleep.”

“I won’t be able to if I know you look ing tired. Seriously look at you, you look like you’ll pass out later on. Don’t make me treat you like a baby.” Seeing how he was still stubborn, she sighed at him and tugged on one of the sleeves of his jacket.

“Take off this jacket so you can comfortably sleep.”

“But I’m not slee-“

“Shut up and listen already, would you?” At least he was in his casual outfit instead of being in his formal clothing for work. Since he left work early, he had changed out of his clothes into comfortable ones. From being the person who wanted to sleep, Dahye was making him rest as if he’s a poor little baby lacking sleep. She had him lie down although he didn’t want to and covered him with the blankets. Who would be this comfortable to treat a friend like this and tell him to sleep in the same bed as her anyway? Jimin grasped the feeling of knowing that he’s with her and so close to her like this. Again, Jimin didn’t know what this was that they had, he didn’t even know if they were even close enough to be this comfortable with each other. He would love to be with her like this every day though. To be quite honest, he didn’t mind if they were like this because they were friends either, he just liked being with her.

“Jimin, are you really okay? Is something bothering you?” He saw how her eyes had the look of concern and he shook his head at her in denial. He didn’t say anything to her but in surprise, his arms wrapped around her, pulling her closer to his warmth. There was something wrong. He did lose someone important to him and he just couldn’t seem to forget about her. Dahye reminded him of her but little did he know that the girl is right before him. He just liked to push back his thoughts to the back of his head and just think of how he’s with Dahye at the moment. She just somehow has her way of making him feel comfortable and calm. Dahye was a bit surprised with his sudden actions but she didn’t say anything else to him. There was a sudden change in his mood and she knew it. She didn’t want to pry so she just let him be.

            For someone who refused to rest, Jimin was sound asleep and was obviously just as tired as Dahye. He still kept her close as he slept. His eyes snapped wide open, hearing the ringtone of his phone. He groaned as the phone continued to ring. Scared that Dahye would wake up, he quickly answered the call, not even checking the caller.

“Hello?” He spoke grumpily.

“What are you doing right now?” He heard his father question him.

“Nothing really.”

“Where are you?” Jimin hesitated to answer but still answered, “Just somewhere. Why?”

“Make sure you come home for dinner tonight.”

“But Dad, I have somewhere to-“

“Relax, it’s not some business dinner, it’s just dinner with your friends and their parents. I’ve already let them know and I expect you to come home on time, understand?” His father spoke sternly. “Yes.” The corner of his lips curved downwards and formed a frown upon his face.  Dahye’s eyes opened and she softly grinned at him.

“You awake?” She nodded at him in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter