Chapter 11

Just Hold Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

            Telling his parents and Haerin was even more difficult than Jimin had already expected it to be. He’d always attempt to tell them but he just never had the chance to. They would bring up other topics in which would make him feel terrible for suddenly telling them the truth. In the midst of wanting to tell them, he felt relieved and happy that Dahye was still right by his side. Dahye understood him and he was glad she wouldn’t become angry at him for getting himself into a situation like this one. If he was in her position, he would have been so furious and hurt that this would even happen. His parents haven’t announced that he and Haerin are actually engaged yet so he felt more at ease. If the engagement were to actually be announced, it be even more difficult to deal with. He sought for advice from his friends but they only told him what Dahye had already said. He would’ve been fine with this entire thing if he still loved Haerin but it just wasn’t how it is anymore. Dahye meant everything to him, sure, he hasn’t known her for a long time but he definitely fell hard for her. He doesn’t even have any feelings left for Haerin, Dahye is the one and only person on his mind. Jimin didn’t want to date Haerin because he was scared. He was afraid he’d do something and hurt her like how he did with the girl in the past. But with Dahye, it just made him feel different. Maybe it was a good thing that he rejected Haerin, it was as if his mind prevented himself from dating Haerin so that fate can lead him to Dahye. With Dahye, he wants to stay with her at all costs to be there for her and protect her from anything that could possibly harm her. He just loves her too much to imagine never being with her.

“Jimin.” He immediately snapped out of his thoughts as soon as he heard her call his name. “Huh?”

“Are you okay? Did you even hear me just now?”

“I’m fine, sorry but I didn’t really hear you speak…What did you tell me?”

“Can you please give me my backpack?” She asked him, pointing her index finger at the black backpack on the floor, by the side of her bed. He reached down for the backpack and lifted it up to hand it to her. He watched her the bag and take out her textbooks and notes. “Dahye, I don’t understand why you’d be studying and doing your work here, on your bed when you could always go out to the kitchen and sit where there’s an actual table and flat surface for you to put your stuff.”

“It’s warm in here and I’m used to studying like this anyway.”

“Don’t be complaining to me about your back later then.”

“I won’t be. Now, as much as I’d love to talk to you, I have midterms to be studying for.” She told him and opened the textbook lying on her lap.

“You’ve been so busy with studying lately, don’t tell me you’re still going to go to work.” He frowned after seeing her nod at him. “I have to, Jimin. How else am I going to earn enough money to keep myself alive?”

“But you shouldn’t. You’re all worn out from trying to study for midterms, I don’t think you should be working.”

“I have to and that’s that.”

“I can help you out, Dahye, that’s what I’m here for.” She knew what he had meant and she hated that very thought of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter