Chapter 9

Just Hold Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

            The sound of Jimin’s phone ringing had awakened the both of them. Dahye, too tired to care who it was, kept her eyes shut and lied there still with Jimin’s arm wrapped around her. Jimin stretched to quickly answer his phone, not wanting to bother Dahye. “Hello?” He mumbled into the phone.

“Where are you, Jimin? You never came home last night.” He heard his father question him through the phone. He realized that he had told no one about this and that especially his father would be the one to find out where he has been the entire night.

“Uhm, I stayed out late last night with Jungkook and Taehyung so I slept over at Taehyung’s place.”

“Oh, okay. I was worried about where you were and stayed, that’s all.”

“Okay, bye dad.” Jimin hung up and set his phone aside so that he could go back to sleep. He hugged Dahye tightly and cuddled up close to her. He didn’t what this was and meant and he doesn’t know what they are on terms of relationship but he didn’t care. For all he cared, he could even consider this as something he does with his friends if this would be enough as his excuse. But as he was lying there, he suddenly thought to himself about eventually having to be honest to everyone around him if he likes Dahye. He’s been lying to people about who he’s been seeing and he knew that he has to come clean about it at some point whether he wants to or not. His thoughts were interrupted when Dahye spoke to him, “Shouldn’t you be going to work or something? You said you had work to do last night but you didn’t go.”

“Yeah I should be going to work…but I just don’t feel like going early today.”

“Aren’t you going to fall behind on your work? I’m sorry that it was me that kept you from doing work.”

“I’ll be fine and you need to stop feeling sorry, I chose to stay here.”

“You should hurry and go to work already, I don’t want to keep you away from working any longer.”

“I don’t want to go though…” He whined to her.

“Get your ing self out of here and go to work.” She immediately hissed.

“Okay, okay, I guess I should go seeing how you’ll be nagging at me forever if I don’t…Call me if you need me, okay?” Jimin smiled at her before leaving her to get to work. She liked having him there with her. Dahye liked being with him but would this ever turn out right though? It’s not like he feels the same way about her, right? Maybe she was just having high hopes and good things between them may never happen. Who knows. She was just some girl who’s used to being left behind by others and things never going the way she expected it to be. As much as she didn’t want Jimin to leave her, she knew for a fact that it wouldn’t be much of a surprise if he happens to leave and forget her again. She’s already experienced it anyway so it wouldn’t be anything new to her.

--

            Not realizing that his father was still home, Jimin tried his best to go into his home quietly. He was going to quickly change and leave to work without letting the staff question him about anything. The staff wouldn’t question him but his parents definitely would. After quickly dressing himself, he silently went downstairs to exit through the door. Before he even made it to the door, he froze when he heard his name being called by both his mother and father. He shut his eyes and mentally cursed to himself from not leaving sooner. He slowly turned around and smiled at his parents.

“Jimin, you’ve been out all night?” His mother asked him.

“Yeah, I stayed over at Jungkook’s place for the night.”

“I thought you said you stayed at Taehyung’s.” His father corrected him, causing him to awkwardly chuckle at them.

“Oh did I say Taehyung’s? I meant to say Jungkook to you when you called in the morning.”

“Really? Because I called the boys before calling you and they told me they had no idea where you have been. So how is it that you stayed over at Jungkook’s when he doesn’t even know that you were there?” . Jimin knew he just got himself into a heap of trouble and he needed to quickly run away from it. The thing is, whenever his father finds out that he lied about something, he never leaves him alone until he gives up to him.

“So, Jimin, who’s place did you stay over?”

“Uhm…well…I-“ Before he gave his parents a random answer, he was interrupted by Secretary Lee, informing him that he has an important meeting to attend right away.

“Well, I’m sorry but I have to quickly leave now. Can’t miss that meeting!” Jimin happily told them and rushed out of the house with Secretary Lee.

“I thought I was going to die in there if it wasn’t for this meeting that I have to go to.”

“Actually, sir, I saw that you were in a complicated position so I figured you needed some type of excuse to leave. I made up the fact that you have a meeting to attend. Your schedule is open until tomorrow morning.” Jimin’s face lit up and he looked like the happiest child alive. He didn’t know what could’ve happened if he didn’t leave his home earlier. His parents were pressing in on him and interrogating him, who knows how he’d answer them. The only thing he could hope and pray for now is that his mother and father wouldn’t question him once he’s home.

“What will ever do without you, Secretary Lee? You’re the best!”

--

            Wanting to be honest to Wonho was difficult. Dahye knew well she had to tell him this now or else the later he finds out, the worse of a reaction it’d be. W

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter