Chapter 6

Just Hold Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

            The moonlight shone at him as he smiled at her. She couldn’t understand why of all people; she’s been running into him the most. Dahye froze and stood in the same spot staring at him like how she did previous times. Why couldn’t Jimin just stop grinning at her like that? “What are you standing there for? Sit.” He told her and she slowly made herself sit down. Dahye kept space between the two of them when she sat down.

“Let me guess, this is your place to calm your mind, isn’t it?” He asked her but only received a nod from her in agreement.

“I go here often to relieve my stress. My daily life gets really complicated so I go here to cool down. I’m guessing it’s the same for you too?” She hugged her knees up to herself and she couldn’t help but let out a chuckle and cracked a little smile after hearing his words.

“You have no idea.” She commented. He didn’t. She found it amusing that she’s even talking to him right now. He has no idea of how complicated her life is and he talks as if he understands. He doesn’t. He will never understand what she had to deal with for her entire life.

“You know, you look really pretty smiling. Sorry if that sounded weird. It’s just this is the first time I’ve seen you smile rather than the look you always give me when we run into each other.”

“Thanks?” Her heart would’ve skipped a beat back then if she heard a compliment like that but not this time. Just not this time.

“I’m glad you made it back to your place safely that night. I have to admit; I was a bit worried after that night when I saw you.” Dahye raised her eyebrow at him, clearly confused of what he was telling her.

“You saw me? When?...” He chuckled to himself in amusement. “I guess you really were drunk that day. I saw you walking around in the streets and saved you from getting yourself run over.”

“Oh…really?” She was so damn lucky that it was dark out because if the darkness was not present, he’d be able to spot her blushing in embarrassment.

“Yeah. You shouldn’t be drinking at such a late time especially since you’re out of your home and alone. That’s not safe. If I wasn’t there, who knows what would’ve happened to you that night!”

“I know.” Dahye said to him with a sad tone in her voice. If he wasn’t there? What would he of all people know? She was glad he didn’t recognize her. Her mind at the current moment keeps repeating the same message to herself, telling her to get up, walk away and avoid him at all costs for the rest of her life. But something stops her from doing so. Her conscience at the same was telling her to stay and not run away. They sat there in complete silence and looked off at the night view of the lake and its environment. It was calm and beautiful; Dahye’s lips curved into a smile but she knew she shouldn’t be grinning. Is he still the same person from before or has he changed?

--

“You what?!” Wonho shouted at her, making her flinch from the volume of his voice. His hands grasped her shoulders and he stared straight into her eyes. “What were you even thinking?! How many times have I been telling you lately to just forget and never talk to him?!”

“I didn’t plan to! How am I supposed to tell the future whether I will run into him or not?”

“Okay, I understand that but why are you talking to him?! You know what kind of person he is! Why would set yourself up into a mess like this?!”

“I don’t know, Wonho! I just don’t know! I’m sorry for not thinking properly, okay? I simply think he’s changed but what would I know?” This is the first time she’s told Wonho about running into Jimin lately. The thing is, after the night they saw each other at the lake, they saw each other again and again. It wasn’t like they spoke much to each other whenever they saw each other, they would just say a few things to each other, that’s all. After an entire week, she finally had the guts to tell her best friend that she has been running into Jimin very often. Obviously, Wonho is disappointed. He has a valid reason to be this upset with her too. She figured it’d be best to tell him about it instead of lying to him. Wonho hates Jimin and she knew she was at no place to convince him to forgive Jimin.

“I’m just so goddamn disappointed that you would even speak to a son of a like him again.” He told her in frustration. Hearing that she’s been

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter