Chapter 13

Just Hold Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

            For almost three weeks, Jimin spent time and laughed whole heartedly with Dahye. His parents weren’t in town to question his whereabouts. Haerin hasn’t been in town to call him all the time because of her busy schedules and appointments for business. He just felt free like this. No one prevented him from spending time with Dahye. Jimin could go and see Dahye anytime without being questioned. But now, both his parents and Haerin are back in town. He’s been happy with Dahye, so incredibly happy and he didn’t want that feeling to disappear.

            He’s ready to tell everyone the truth. Jimin just needed to tell them the truth and everything will go just fine. Telling Haerin first felt like it was the right thing to do. He can tell his parents later but he believed Haerin deserved to be told first before anyone else is told. He had asked Haerin if she was able to speak with him for a bit. Of course, she would immediately tell him she’d go to his house to meet up. The girl quickly arrived at his home and she was smiling brightly at him. He knew he’ll hurt her but he knows it’s much better than never telling her.

            In order to have some privacy while speaking to her, they were in one of the offices that they had to talk. Haerin was still smiling at him, not even knowing or expecting what he’d possibly say to her at a time like this. All she’s been talking about with him is the engagement and when they should announce it. She was even starting to talk about planning the wedding and its date. He felt terrible that after letting her feel so excited over this, he’s going to have to call it all off.

“Look, Haerin, I’m so, so sorry about this. I really care about you a lot but…I just can’t marry you. It’s not right to let you be this happy while you’re unaware that I don’t have any feelings for you anymore.” The smile that she had upon her face quickly switched and flipped upside down into a frown.

“You don’t love me anymore, I can tell.” She said.

“I’m really sorry.”

“I know it’s because you fell for another girl. Dahye, isn’t it?” Her frown suddenly turned into a slight smirk.

“W-Who told you?”

“Oh, no one. You know I love you, Jimin. And after all those times you ignored all of my calls and texts, I started to get curious. So, I told someone one day to tail you and guess what? I was informed that you were spending time with some girl. So I had people identify her for me and now I know that it’s her that you’re rejecting me for.”

“I know that I’m at fault for ignoring you but finding out who she is was just wrong.”

“I don’t really care though. At least I still find a way to keep you by my side, right? You were avoiding me and now you have no choice but to spend more time with me. Your parents were easily convinced to allow us getting married even without your consent. They believed through their own eyes that we love each other. You can’t escape this now.”

“No, not if I call this entire thing off.” Jimin t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter