Stroll...

Day By Day

"Potato chips? Didn't you grab like three of those already?" Baekhyun asked as Yeol dropped another pack in their cart. He simply shrugged, "It's fine, we'll share it anyway."

Baek shoved him, "I thought you said we'll start dieting?"

Chanyeol laughed, and rubbed his belly, "But everything is tempting!" Baek slapped his stomach, "Whatever you say."

They continued to shop for groceries, checking out items from Yumi's list. Baek was being playful and hid behind the different food sections, Chanyeol was amused and look for him. He was searching for him in the candy section and Baek slyfully walked behind him and then tickle his sides. Yeol took revenge and tried to do the same, "Ey! Stop!" Baek yelled, Chanyeol laughed, "Why? You started it!"

Baek ran to their cart, as he laughed, "Beat you to the cashier!" They raced to the cashier, Yeol beating him due to his long legs. Baekhyun was recovering his breath, "Alright, since you won, you should pay for this." he said, pointing at the groceries.

"Pabo! I have the budget, remember?" Chanyeol mused, "Where should we go after this?"

Baekhyun thought for a moment, "Let's stroll the mall for a bit?" Chanyeol agreed, and nodded.

They picked up the grocery bags, both of them carrying two bags each. "I've been wanting to check this baseball cap." Baek said, Chanyeol turned to him, "Where? Do you remember where it is?"

"Second floor, near the shoe shop." Baekhyun replied. Chanyeol casually put an arm around Baek's shoulder, "C'mon, then."

Riding the nearest escalator, Baekhyun examined the shops, looking for the hat store. He noticed something else though...

He tapped Yeol's shoulder, "Isn't that "Just call me Lay"?" Baek was pointing at Yixing, who was holding Sophie's hand. They entered a clothing store for kids.

Chanyeol followed Baek's gaze, "Oh, yeah! That's Sophie, right?" Baekhyun nodded, "I have an idea."

"Huh?" Yeol asked, they were now walking on the 2nd floor.

"We should follow them!" Baekhyun replied, pointing his finger up as he stated his idea. Yeol looked at him weirdly, "Er, why? Isn't that creepy?"

"No, it's not! We'll be following your sister's future suitor. Might as well get to know him now." Baek explained, Chanyeol chuckled, "And what makes you think that he's some kind of suitor?"

"Are you blind, Yeol? Can you not see the connection?" Baekhyun commented, looking out for Yixing.

"Oh, so you're some kind of love expert now?" Chanyeol teased. Baek hit his arm, "Shut up, and just follow me."

Yeol slumped his shoulders, "Fine." They hiddenly stood behind an artificial plant outside the store where Lay and Sophie was casually browsing for clothes. When Sophie pointed at something, Yixing would just add it along with the pile on his arm.

"Do you think they're buying all of that?" Baek whispered.

"Maybe Sophie's gonna fit them first..." Chanyeol replied.

They saw Lay speaking to Sophie, and the child nodded. Then they headed to the cashier.

"Oh wow, they really are buying all those..." Yeol murmured.

"Rich. Okay, check." Baekhyun replied, "What?" Chanyeol asked.

"I made a criteria. Just go with it." Baek answered. Yeol controlled his laugh.

They quickly hid their heads when Lay and Sophie headed out. Of course, they stalked them again.

Baek and Chanyeol follwed them at five different stores, sometimes hiding behind clothing racks.

One time, Baekhyun accidentally brushed against Lay's back because Chanyeol pushed him. Yixing turned but Baek quickly ran away, turning his back, pretending to check out a sneaker. Lay ignored whatever hit him.

Baek walked to Chanyeol, obviously trying to control his laughter.

"Ah, let's give up already!" Chanyeol said, when Baek glared at him. Baekhyun shrugged, "Fine."

Chanyeol leaned against a railing, and crossed his arms, "So far, he's great."

Baek rested beside him, "True. Despite being a single dad, "Just call me Lay" is not bad at all." Chanyeol smirked at him, "Did he meet your criteria?"

Baekhyun grinned, "Almost there." Yeol smiled, "So, let's pick up that hat. Shall we?"

"Oh yeah! I almost forgot."

"That's because we were busy stalking." Chanyeol said, he pulled Baekhyun's hand, "Let's go!"

 

---End Of Chapter---