It's You Again

Day By Day

Chapter 11

A typical photoshoot day was the main agenda of Hana and Yi Lin on a Monday morning. Yi Lin finally got back from her successful Tokyo trip.

"Ms. Zhang, have you decided which set of your clothing line is up for the models?" a junior stylist said. The crew were all dressed in black uniforms, and they were busy arranging the sets and contacting the models.

Yi Lin turned to face her, "Yes, Hana and I agreed to go for set A. Please inform the others."

"Noted. We'll start assembling the items." the stylist replied. She started running to the clothing racks.

Yi Lin started creating a checklist in her head.

The models have yet to arrive. It was fine though, the set was still being organized anyway. She walked towards Hana, who was with the hairdresser, discussing the look to be accomplished for the models. Yi Lin listened to them...

"Just a carefree, and sleek look. Nothing too complicated for this one." Hana said, creating gestures with her hands.

Mr. Guang, the hair and makeup expert nodded, "Of course, how about the makeup?"

Hana gestured for Yi Lin to come forward. "How about smoky eyes, and natural lips?"

"Hm, seems fitting. Okay. Let's go with that." Hana agreed.

Guang clapped once, "Sounds great, I'll go tell my assistants." He walked off afterwards.

Yi Lin swiftly turned her feet and faced Hana, suddenly remembering her text from last week.

"So... this Sehun guy..." she started.

Hana sighed, and ran a hand on her face, "Yes, Yi Lin. He was my ex."

Yi Lin replied, "I get that, but why'd you break up? You never explained that part."

"Well, long distance... lack of communication... that sort of thing." Hana said, barely looking at Yi Lin.

"Hm.. I see. Sad though, Hana-ssi, is this Sehun dude handsome?"

Hana coughed a laugh and began to look sheepish, "Yeah, he was a model. Not that is was the reason for me to like him."

Yi Lin rested on a work table and crossed her arms, "So what made you love him?"

"I don't know, he was funny... and responsible. Ah, too hard to explain." Hana waved her hand and dropped her statement.

"Or sure, it's hard.. It's always difficult to explain what makes you love someone." Yi Lin replied.

"Pssh, it doesn't matter anymore. It's the past." Hana said, she ran a hand through her hair, "So, have the models arrived? Who casted them anyway?"

"Hm, I assigned someone else for it. Anyway, I'll go check. Do you want to come?" Yi Lin asked,

"Sure. I think they even left the model portfolios on our desk." Hana said.

"Alright." Hana replied. They walked together to the desk and noticed the models started walking in the set.

Yi Lin stopped watching them walk in, and spread out the polaroids set on the table. The model's names written as the caption.

Oh Sehun was scribbled in one of them.

Yi Lin picked up the photo, "Umm... Hana-ssi..."

"What is it, Yi Lin?" Hana asked, turning to her.

"When you said, Sehun... You didn't mean Oh Sehun, right?" Yi Lin swallowed, and turned the picture to Hana's face.

 It seemed as if the blood from Hana's face flowed down to her knees.

"Oh boy..." she whispered.

Yi Lin turned the photo to her gaze again, "What?! This is him?" IS THAT HIM?" she pointed to the door, and Hana turned to see.

It was definitely him. Oh Sehun... The handsome face, with amazingly broad shoudlers..He was casually dressed in a black shirt and jeans, carrying a jacket in one of his arms.

Ready for work.

Hana quickly faced away, and ran to hide behind Yi Lin.

Yi Lin scoffed, "Are you serious? Why are you hiding?!" she tensely whispered.

From afar, they could hear the other female stylist speak, "Welcome, I should introduce you to the designers...." She gestured to their side.

"Get yourself together, Hana-ssi." Yi Lin commented, pulling Hana to her side.

Hana fixed her hair, and her skirt.

The stylist arrived with the models in line. Sehun was at the back, but he was tall enough to make him more noticeable.

"And here are our designers! Ms. Zhang Yi Lin, and Lee Hana." the stylist introduced them, and they gladly nodded, each having a chance to shake hands with them.

Hana wondered why the line seemed so quick.

And then there he was...

His eyes widened as he saw her, but he regained composure. And reached out his hand, Hana stared at it for a while but took it anyway. After that he shook hands with Yi Lin, she glanced to Hana while she did. Hana crossed her arms and looked away.

Hana tapped the stylist's shoulder, "Aren't we starting yet?" 

The stylist excitedly nodded, "Yes, Ms. Lee. We'll get started on the women's clothes first."

"Can you not start with the men's clothing?" Hana firmly suggested.

The stylist seemed startled, "Um, okay. I'll see what we can do."

"Thank you." Hana sighed. She watched them pace away.

Yi Lin approached her, and whistled casually...

"Aaaawkward...." she teased.

"Oh, shut up." Hana muttered, rolling her eyes and crossing her arms. She dropped her journal on the desk, landing with a thud.

Yi Lin patted her shoulders, "Chill. It's just for today, anyway." Hana faced her, "Uh, I just said that I never wanted to see him again. And then there he is.. being styled by our hairdressers!"

"Just ignore him. Act as if he doesn't exist." Yi Lin replied.

Hana picked up her journal and clutched it near her chest, "Oh, trust me. I've done that two years ago."

***

Don't look at him. Don't look at him. Don't look at him. Don't look at him.

Hana kept her composure, and ran those words in her head. It was Sehun's turn in the photoshoot, and he was dressed so handsomely that even Hana couldnt deny it.

"In fairness, Hana-ssi. You have good taste." Yi Lin peered at her shoulder, while sipping an iced coffee.

Hana ducked her head, "It's just the makeup and our clothes... And his hair.."

"Uh huh, it is indeed those factors. Now hide that blush, or else he'd see the attraction." Yi Lin joked, and walked away.

Hana grimaced, and took a quick glance at him. He was looking back, and he actually smirked at her. She blinked, opened her journal, and pretended to write notes.

"Good job. Next model, please." the photographer said.

Sehun fixed the collar of his shirt, and strolled away.

Hana could see him walk near her spot.

"Don't come near me. Don't come near me. Don't come near me" she thought.

"This shirt is nice. Did you design it?" Sehun asked, pulling on the soft cotton, a few steps away from her. He leaned back on a chair in front of Hana.

Hana removed the notebook from her face, "Yes, that's my design."

"Ah, I see. I'm glad that you're clothing line's working out." Sehun said, smiling softly.

"Thanks. And I'm glad that you're... well...successful too." Hana stuttered, their memories were flashing back into her brain. She tried to ignore it.

Sehun gave a short laugh, "If that's how you want to put it. Then, thank you."

Hana took the courage to look at him, "Are you happy?"

The question took Sehun off-guard, he crossed his arms, "I'm alright."

"That's a vague answer."

"It's a suitable one."

Hana frowned, and sighed.

Sehun smirked, "So are you dating?"

"Do I look like I have the time?"

"You always don't have time." Sehun mumbled, scratching his ear.

"Excuse me?" Hana asked, her gaze locked on him.

Sehun pursed his lips, "Nothing. Just ignore it."

Hana dropped her arms to her sides, "Well, if you're done with the small talk... I'll go talk to my creative team. Excuse me." She left, without looking back at him.

Yi Lin was busy watching the hair stylist do someone's hair, until Hana approached her. Her face looked pissed and half- pleased... If such emotion existed.

"Woah, are you okay, Hana?" Yi Lin said.

"I'm fine. Just some really annoying, broad-shouldered, undeniably tall guy had a small talk with me." Hana explained, stealing Yi Lin's coffee cup; her friend amazed at the sudden absence of her coffee.

"Oh. I see, what'd he say?" Yi Lin asked, curiously.

"Nothing important. He asked me if I was dating. Ugh. Can you believe it?!" Hana exclaimed.

Yi Lin's brows shot up, "Really?" she grinned upon realization,  "But why would he ask you that? Do you think he's still into you?"

Hana slapped Yi Lin's arm, "Don't think of such things."

"Ow, pshh... Well, I think he is. The way he looks at you is different." Yi Lin said, massaging her arm.

Hana didn't realize that she finished her friend's coffee.

"That can't be true." Hana muttered, playing with the straw.

Yi Lin laughed, "Whatever you say. I'm just being observant." She pointed at the cup, "You owe me another one by the way."

***

The rest of the crew was cleaning up, the models have left. Yi Lin and Hana were done reviewing the impressive photos from the shoot.

After a while, Yi Lin bid goodbye to Hana.

"Jongin's here already. Are you sure you're staying a bit longer?" Yi Lin asked, picking up her bag from the desk.

Hana nodded, "Yup. I won't stay too long anyway. Go ahead."

Yi Lin smiled, "Alright. If you're sure..."

"Yes, I'm sure. Take care of yourselves." Hana replied, Yi Lin hugged her goodbye and walked outside the room.

Hana watched the rest of the crew finish up on their cleaning, she bid goodbye to the photographer and some of the hair stylist's assistants.

She cleared her thoughts, until she was the only one left alone. Except for the janitress who was mopping the room.

With a sigh, she started arranging her own things. The desk was cluttered, and the model's polaroids were everywhere. She immediately spotted Sehun's photo. He was straight-faced in the photo, with no hint of expression in his eyes; And yet he looked handsome.

Then suddenly someone bursted through the door.

Sehun rushed in, and looked around. He spotted her, Hana immediately hid his photo behind her back.

"What are you doing here?" Hana asked, trying to hide the guilt from her face.

Sehun stiffened, "Um, I think I left my jacket here."

Hana squirmed to her feet, gesturing to the room, "Just look around then."

He nodded, and looked for his jacket near the styling area from a while back.

Five minutes passed, Hana followed him to the area, her hand on her waist,  "Have you seen it?"

Then Sehun stood befor her, lifting a dark jacket, "Yep. Found it."

She darted her gaze away, and tensely paced away.

"Aren't you going home yet?" Sehun said,  It's late." he added, putting on his jacket.

Hana picked up her bag, "Now I am." She headed towards the exit, her quick pacing made her disregard the unlaced laces of her boot. She awkwardly tripped and spilled the contents of her bag.

She grunted as she quicly bent down on the wooden floor to pick them up. Sehun helped her and grabbed whatever item he could get, the last thing he handed was her car keys.

"Thanks." Hana mumbled, as she zipped her bag. She opened the door, she turned to him, "Well, see you when I see you."

Hana didn't wait for his reply, and left. Sehun stood there, his hands in his coat pockets. He felt weird about seeing his ex again.

He was about to leave until he caught something from his sight.

A black journal.

It must've fallen from her bag, and she didn't notice it landing on the corner. He bent down to pick it up.

Sehun flipped the cover open, to check if it was really Hana's.

A photo of him for the photoshoot casting was on the first page. It wasn't glued or anything, but carelessly tucked within the page.

He chuckled as he took it out.

"We'll definitely see each other again." he thought. 

---End Of Chapter---