Problem?

Day By Day

​​​​​Happily skipping through the school's hallway, Sophie was smiling as she headed to the ground floor. She had high scores in today's activities and she couldn't wait to show her papers to her appa.
The sky had a nice tinge of light pink marking the upcoming arrival of the sunset.
Sophie paced through the grassy ground to the pavement towards the gate. Her aunt would pick her up soon.
***
Yumi was silently walking in the corridors down to the main school gate, she greeted the guard with a smile. 
When she almost reached the exit she saw an encounter happening near the gate's doors.
***
"Sophie! Stop being such a stubborn child. I'm your mother! Obey me!" 


Sophie glared at her own mom as she was pulling her arm away from her grasp. 


"NO! Let me go! I don't know you!" Sophie yelled.


Mina let her go, fixed her hair then turned to her new boyfriend, Tao.
"Just pick her up and take her in the car." She commanded.


Sophie started to back away quickly, when Tao was coming closer to her.
***
Yumi saw a man try to pick Sophie up, but the child was slapping his arms away. She quickly ran to Sophie, to help her.


"What is going on here?!" She asked, making herself into a barrier in between Sophie and two strangers whom Yumi did not know. The child stood behind her, clutching her skirt's hem.


"Why are you forcing a child to go with you? Who are you?" Yumi asked, glaring at the two individuals.


One lady, was wearing a green fit dress, and high heels. Her hair was dark, she was pretty. But something was off about it. Then there was this other guy, he stood around 6ft. tall and he was dressed casually. His face had strong features. 
The woman rolled her eyes, "I'm her mother. Now move away,miss."

She tried to go to Sophie's side but Yumi blocked her. If this was really her mother, Yumi suddenly felt odd.

"Sophie, is that true... Is she.. your mom?" Yumi asked, turning her head slightly to see Sophie.

"NO! Songsaengnim, send them away. I don't know them." Sophie begged.

Yumi raised her eyebrow at Mina, "I'm sorry, miss. I can't let you take the child. You're not an official guardian."

Mina scoffed, "Oh please. My daughter is lying. We had a petty fight before. Please let me have her."

"I'm sorry. I won't let you." Yumi replied. "Sophie, go back to the guard. Wait for your aunt there. I'll handle these

people." She watched Sophie rush back into the school gate and to the guard's podium.

"Why you little bi--" Mina was cut off by Yumi.

"Little what? Are you not mature enough to use adult language, miss? The child has already told me that she does not know you. So please leave before I call the authorities." Yumi said.

Mina turned to Tao and pointed at Yumi, "Who is this anyway?"

"PARK YUMI." Yumi said. 

Mina got startled for a bit. Her name was familiar. She heard it from an investigator who she asked to stalk Lay last week. This made her even more pissed off. 

"Listen, Park Yumi, if I were you i would back off this instant." Mina warned.

Yumi stood tall and hid her growing nerves, "No. I will not. You are violating a child's free will. If she was willing to go with you, Sophie would not force herself out of your hands."

Suddenly a black, sleek car appeared before them. 

The car doors opened, and Yi Lin got off, followed by Hana. They were both dressed nicely. 

Yi Lin walked forward she smiled at Yumi first then rolled her eyes at Mina's direction,

"Why isn't it the forsaken mother... Hana-ssi, you didn't tell me a monster was coming to town. I would've brought some weaponry."
Hana laughed as she followed her friend, she took off her glasses, "My apologies. I've been away from such awful things, that the radar stopped working."

Mina crossed her arms, "Hello, sister-in-law. Did you miss me?"

Yi Lin chuckled a fake laugh, "I prefer your absence. But it's fun to have someone to insult from time to time."

"Haven't changed that y side of yours, huh, Yi Lin?" Mina remarked looking pissed. But she stood tall.

"I think the term: "" is more suitable for you." Hana cut in.

Yi Lin acted as if she was checking her fingernails, "So what brings the mother monster here? Are you bored with your life again? Just like last time."

Mina looked smugged, "FYI.I came to pick up my daughter."

"Didn't you hear the news, Mina? There is nothing left for you to pick up here. So go home." Yi Lin replied.

Mina dropped her arms to her sides, and glared at Lay's sister, "This isn't the last, Yi Lin, Hana. Watch your backs. You too, Park Yumi." She pointed at them one by one.

"Yeah, yeah. Say something smarter next time." Hana commented,waving her hand nonchalantly. Then she was laughing along with Yi Lin.

Yumi watched then fire remarks at each other. 
To be honest? It was entertaining.

Tao tapped Mina's arm, and opened the car door for her. She got in and Tao followed.

Yi Lin and Hana sarcastically waved at them.
Yumi heard Yi Lin take a breath,

"I'm sorry you got caught up in this, Yumi unnie.".

Yumi smiled at her, "It's alright. I'm a bit confused, but I'm okay."

"Thanks, Yumi. Where's Sophie? Is she okay?" Yi Lin asked, "Sophie!" She yelled. 

Sophie came running to them, then hugged her aunt tightly. She began sobbing. 

Yi lin her back, "It's okay. It's okay,Sophie. Immo's here..."

Hana picked up Sophie's bag, then weakly smiled at Yumi.

Yumi also comforted Sophie, "They won't do that again, Sophie... don't worry."

Yumi made her words mark in every one's ear. 

It would not happen again. 

She will never allow it

 

===END OF CHAPTER===