Chapter 2

My Brother's Girl

Chapter 2

Pooh! Ahaha!Ahaha (Ella laughs when shock registered to Aaron's face)

You startled me! What are you doing being so creepy at this hour. What happen to your hair?

(Ella goes to the sofa and seat) I cut it. I told you I’ll think of a way to escape, that uncle of mine is planning to go to the Wang’s tomorrow.

You mean today, I mean later. It’s already morning. How did you escape?

Simple! I asked Grandpa Ren to prepare a drink; I put some sleeping pills and let them drink it. When they started snoring, I sneak out. Yeah! I’m really smart.

Or the guards are all stupid, how could they drink when they are supposed to guard you. Uncle Chen knows that you will try to run away that’s why he let them guard you. Why do you have to cut your hair then?

It’s part of my disguise! I’m not going back yet. I’ve booked a flight to US and my friend will go there as me, so Uncle would think I’m not in Taiwan anymore. Aren’t I smart?

It’s very tight at the airport and you’re not worried about your friend’s safety?

Aiyoo, you’re worrying too much. She can handle that. Luckily uncle doesn’t know that you and I know each other already, so I can stay here for a few days.

You can stay here for as long as you want, you’re the one you brought me this unit. Hmm, let me look at you, short hair suits you better, you look so manly (giggles*)

Stop teasing me!

So what would you do?

I’ll find something to do, I’m not used in staying at home and besides I need to feed you cutie (touching Aaron’s head).

I ‘m not a child anymore, I’ll let you defend on me now. (Aaron patted Ella’s shoulder) Don’t worry sis, this handsome brother will take good care of you.

(Ella pinched Aaron’s face in return) I don’t need you to do that! You need to focus on studying little kid! Do you still work at the canteen? (Aaron nodded) why do you need to do so? You don’t have to; you can use the money I gave you.

It’s fun, I’m learning many things, I’ve learned different dishes, I have the opportunity to see and observe people, so in the future, when I became a company’s president .. (Aaron noticed that Ella fell asleep) She looks so tired. (He lifted her and put her to bed, and continues his sleep at the sofa).
***

The sun has risen when Ella woke up.

Aaron? Aaron? Today’s a Saturday; he’s definitely not in school. (She noticed something on the table)

Sis, this is your breakfast, I went out. I’ll be back before dinner.

He’s really sweet, hmm, yummy. Right! Tomorrow’s his birthday. It’s a pity I’ve lost that necklace I was supposed to give him. It took me a lot of effort to have that.
***

(Gui Gui walking down the stairs and suddenly stops) Good morning sunshine!

Good morning baby! (Daddy Wu passed Gui Gui and mess up with her hair)

(Gui Gui stomped her foot) Dad! I’m not a baby anymore
(Daddy Wu pinched Gui Gui’s face) my baby’s growing so fast! You don’t have baby fats..(checking on Gui's body)

Mom!! Daddy’s teasing me! I’m more like a queen, beauty queen, dancing queen… (She started modeling and walking around when she suddenly tripped. She crawled instead and suddenly appears before her mother’s eyes)

You’re more like a ghost my dear, suddenly appearing like that. (Daddy Wu laughs)

Mom! You should support me, how could you call this beautiful lady (pointing at herself) a ghost (she pout her lips)

You are our most beautiful ghost. (Daddy Wu teases her again)

Ok, ok enough. Go! Call your brother so we can have our breakfast.
***

Brother! Brother! (Opens the door of Chun’s Room) Brother! (Brother’s room is really neat unlike mine)

I’m at the shower, I’ll go downstairs after

(She notice the necklace at the side table)
Whose necklace is this, it’s beautiful. I’ve never seen this before. Brother! Can I have this necklace? Thank you. Love you (runs quickly)
***

Morning Mom, Morning Dad. Gui, what did you get from my room?

This! (showing the necklace she’s already wearing), it’s beautiful, where did you get this?!

It looks like a couple necklace (Daddy Wu commented)

This is a couple necklace???!!Who gave you this?!? A girlfriend? Do you have a girlfriend? Huh! Huh!?! You’re not allowed to have one! (Gui Gui scream)

It’s time you get married.

Mom! He’s not allowed to, brother can’t leave me.

Soon enough you’re going to find your own match baby. Let your brother be. It’s time he builds his own family.
No! No! No!

Brat, stop screaming will you. Mom, it’s not mine, I just picked it up somewhere. Gui, give it back to me.

No! It’s mine already. You can’t have it; I won’t allow you to have couple necklace with someone, so I’m the one going to wear it.

Ok, ok. Dad, I’m going to the office later.

(Mommy Wu becomes worried) How can we leave you two?

Mom, don’t worry I’ll take care of brother. Just enjoy your trip.

We’ll be gone for six months; who’d look after our workaholic prince and our cute princess who can’t even clean her room.

I’ve got an idea honey, don’t worry (Mommy Wu wink at her husband).
***

Welcome, how may I help you? Oh! Ms. Ella it’s you. Uh, you look different.

Morning Jenny! Is Selena there?

You! (Selena appears near the jewelry cabinet)Look what you’ve done, how would I sell this necklace if the partner’s gone? I was only gone for three days and you’ve already bribed my staff.

Aiyoo, I just gave concert tickets to Jenny and Jessica (she winked at them). Don’t be mad anymore. I’m getting the that one (the partner of the necklace she accidentally lost.

Aha! Don’t tell me you’ve fell inlove with the Jiro guy already, so you’re giving him a couple necklace.

That’s for Aaron. Today’s his birthday.

You’re really weird, giving him a couple necklace. Aha! You have inlove with the brother complex?

Stop making assumptions. I don’t intend to have both necklaces, remember I just bribed them (pointing at the jewelry staff) to let me have just one. I just lost its pair the other night, so I wanted this (the other pair). I just have this feeling, it’s destined for Aaron. Anyway, let’s have some coffee; I need to tell you something.
***

What!? You run-off!
Yeah, and probably uncle is now having a headache on how to find me. In case, he stopped by, don’t tell him anything.

Don’t worry, I’ll tell him you called me before boarding the plane. And I’ll tell my staff to help you as well.
***

(Ella’s going to get the FRH cd when another hand grasps it). Huh! That’s mine. (Grabbing the cd as well)

I’ve seen it first. It’s mine. Let go. (Gui Gui glares at Ella)

No! It’s mine. I was getting it, and then you suddenly grab it.

I said it’s mine. You are so ungentlemanly. You should give way to ladies.

I’m a girl, you brat.

Oh, are you. I’m sorry auntie; I thought you’re a guy.

I’m not that old!

Ella, what happen? (Selena approached her. Mei Mei also appears at Gui Gui’s side)

This brat, she’s insisting that she saw first this CD.

Lovely Sister (Gui Gui in) I really saw it first. I really wanted this cd. Please. Please.

Thank you, am I really lovely? (Mei mei and Gui Gui nodded)
(Selena turns to Ella) Friend, let it go, she’s younger and she’s really cute.

(Gui Gui suddenly pull the cd and quickly go to the counter) Thank you lovely sister.(stick her tongue to Ella)

How can you side with her, it’s really hard to find that one. It’s sold out (Ella protested to Selena)
***

(Gui Gui and Ella both wanted the same shirt)
Let go! I have it first.

No! you let go. It’s mine. Lovely sister, you’re here again. Kindly tell your friend to give way to the younger ones.

(Ella glare at Selena silently telling her, Don’t you dare side her this time! It’s for Aaron)

Ok, ok. Let me call the saleslady then.

Miss, do you have another shirt like this?

Sorry Ladies, that’s the last stock we have.

(Meimei murmur something to Gui Gui) Gui, let her have it, you had the cd earlier, it’s better to give the shirt to her this time. (Gui Gui glare at Ella before leaving)
***

(Aaron quickly runs when he see the dark smoke coming from the house.)
Sister! Sister! Where are you? Are you alright?

I’m right here (at the kitchen). I’m alright, uh, I guess they are burnt (pointing at the dishes)

You scared me for a while. What are you doing, are you planning to put the whole house on fire? You’re not a little kid to be playing like that anymore.

Aiyoo, I was preparing your birthday dinner.

Oh, thank you. I thought you've gone to become an arsonist because of frustration.I’ll just call for a delivery instead and have our celebration. Are you hurt?

No. Look! This is your gift.
***

Why are you pouting like that? Chun asked.

There’s a witch at the mall, hmft.
Ok, stop pouting anymore. Dad, Mom here’s your plane tickets.

Honey! We are set to go; we just have to wait for the housekeeper’s arrival next week.

What? A housekeeper?!! Gui Gui and Chun exclaimed.