Chapter 16

My Brother's Girl

Chapter 16

Sister!...(Aaron holds Ella’s body. She was able to cover Aaron but been shot. The guards break in since Mr. Chen was able to notify the guards through the secret alarm button below his table when he gained consciousness and Mr. Zhang’s attention was with Aaron earlier)

Freez! (the guards handcuff Mr. Zhang)

Are you alright?! (Ella asked Aaron weakly before losing her consciousness)

Sister Ella! Oh God…

Ambulance!!
***

Chun, why do you look so uneasy? C’mon, you’re missing her already? I thought you’ll be having dinner later.

Where is Mr. Park?

He’s on his way, just caught up in the traffic. I already called him. You’re such in a hurry, such a love-struck.

(Chun phone rings) Hello… Gui Gui…

Brother…

Why are you crying? Are you alright?

Brother…Sister…Sister Ella…

What happened to her? Is she alright? (Gui Gui continues to cry on the line) Sis, tell me what happened?

Sister Ella…she…she was shot.

What??!!! (Chun stands from the table)

We’re here at the hospital (Gui Gui gives the details)

I’m coming! (Chun ended the call) Calvin, meet Mr. Park, I’m going.

Chun, what happened?

Ella’s been shot. She’s in the hospital.

Alright, go!
***

Where’s Ella? Is she alright? (Chun asked nervously)
She’s still at the operating room. Uncle Chen’s resting at the ward; he’s been hit really badly. I already notify dad and mom, they’ll going to catch the earliest flight possible (Their parents went to New York to settle things for Ella and Chun’s honeymoon as a supposed wedding surprise gift for the couple telling Chun that Mr. Wu has a business conference in Hawaii and Mrs. Wu just wanted to tag along)

(Gui Gui seeing that Chun and Aaron who’s sitting very quietly at the corner are so worried tried to calm herself to be able to comfort them)

Doctor! Is she alright? (Chun quickly asked the doctor when the doctor went out of the operating room)

Her shot is fatal, she’s still unconscious and we still need to observe her for the next 24 hours.
***

(Chun’s at Ella’s hospital suite while Aaron went to the hospital’s church. Gui Gui noticed that Aaron has been very unusually quiet)

Aaron…(Gui Gui approached him) are you alright? You didn’t let the nurses to check on you.

(Aaron suddenly hugs Gui Gui and cried) I’m just so afraid she’ll leave me. She’s been the only family I had for so many years; I don’t want to lose her.

Shh…she’s going to be fine and you have so many family members now, my dad, my mom, uncle chen, my brother and me. We’re all your family after Sister Ella’s discharge from the hospital we’re all going to live happily, all of us (Gui Gui tried to soothe him) Come, let me check on your bruises.
***

Chun, why don’t you go home first and take a rest? (Mrs. Wu tried to convince him. They arrive early in the morning and went straight to the hospital. Gui Gui and Aaron accompany Uncle Chen to the police station and will drive him at home)

Why don’t you and dad go home mom, take a rest. I know you’re both still tired. I’m alright. I want to be here when she wakes up.

***
Uncle Chen is resting (Gui Gui informed Aaron when she enters his room to check on him) are you alright now? Get some rest. I’ll go home when you’re asleep.

You’re also tired, you haven’t slept properly either.

I’m going to rest at home and go to the hospital later to check Brother Chun. Mom and Dad are still tired for the long journey home. They also need to rest.

I won’t be able to sleep soundly; I kept seeing Mr. Zhang and Sister Ella’s body in arms in my sleep.

Alright, here let me hold your hand (Gui Gui sings a song lulling him to sleep)

When Aaron woke up, he saw Gui Gui still sitting at the edge of his bed holding his hand, sleeping. She wasn’t able to go home and instead fell asleep) You look tired as well…(Aaron whispers and kisses Gui Gui forehead before lifting her to settle her on the bed)
***

Honey, wake up? You can do it, don’t give up and don’t leave me, alright. (Chun whispers to Ella)

(The doctor enters the room)

How is she? (asked Mr. Wu)

Why hasn’t she waked up yet? It’s been so many hours (Chun said exasperatedly)

We still have a few hours, Mr. Chun.

What will happen if she won’t regain her consciousness within 24 hours doctor? (asked Mr. Wu)

I’m afraid she’ll be in coma.

What? What are you talking about??!! How can she be in coma? You’re a doctor, aren’t you? Do something! (Chun’s so worried, anxious, afraid)

Chun… (Mr. Wu put his hands on his shoulder to calm him and turn to the doctor) Thank you Doctor.

Dad…

Son, be strong. She needed you most now. Why don’t you go home and take a rest for a while? You haven’t slept. I’ll be watching her.

No, I don’t want to leave her. I want to be the first person she’ll see when she wakes up. Honey, c’mon wake up.

Alright, we’re just outside. I’ll look for your mom, she’s buying something.
***

Hmm…Huh?!Where am I? (Gui Gui wakes up comfortably lying on Aaron’s bed)

You’re awake.

Aaron! Oh, I’m in your room. Why didn’t you wake me up?

You look so tired. You look like a baby when you’re sleeping. (Aaron smiled at her)

You’ve bathe already, I still need to go home and change. We need to go back to the hospital.

Have you had enough (sleep) already? You can rest for a bit more.

No, I know you’re worried about Sister Ella. Has brother called?

No, but you’re father called. He said that if sister won’t regain her consciousness she might fall into a coma.

What?? (Gui Gui noticed that Aaron’s a little calm) Are… you alright?

(Aaron sigh) I’ve already guessed about it yesterday when the doctor said they need to observe her for the next 24 hours. (Aaron broke his fake strength, sit sadly and sob). It feels like a time bomb’s going to explode any minute, I’m so afraid.

(Gui Gui hugs him. Although she wanted to cry she knows that she needed to be strong for Aaron)

She has done so many things for me but I can’t do anything for her now.

Everything’s going to be alright.
***

Aaron, I’m sorry for not finding you before. I hope you’ll find it in your heart to forgive me and your father...

Don’t worry Uncle; I’m not angry to anyone. Although dad didn’t acknowledge me, Sister has been so good to me. She used to tell me to be thankful for the things I have. I always feel blessed just having her for the past years but adding more family members would surely be awesome. I just hope that she’ll be alright.
***

Chun wakes up feeling that someone’s touching his head, fingers curling up his hair.

Chun…
***